Syrian Kurdish official: Damascus talks going nowhere, Russia to blame

Almost Heaven

The Kurdish-led authorities revived efforts to negotiate a deal with Damascus earlier this year in the wake of a U.S. decision to withdraw its forces from their areas, hoping Moscow would mediate an agreement that would preserve their autonomy.

The picture has shifted significantly since then, however, with Washington deciding to keep some troops in Syria and the Syrian government directing new threats of military action at Kurdish-led forces if they do not submit to its rule.

Badran Jia Kurd, a Syrian Kurdish official involved in the political track, said the talks had gone nowhere. “The Russians froze the initiative which Russia was supposed to carry out and it did not begin negotiations with Damascus,” he said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-kurds-russia/syrian-kurdish-official-damascus-talks-going-nowhere-russia-to-blame-idUSKCN1RO146?il=0

maryrae

It's strange , even though they are predominantly Muslim , they have always been good allies of the west. Does the bible mention anything about the Kurds turning to the lord in the end times , i can't remember if it was in Ezekiel where it might mention that ?
Here's a link from Chuck Missler & Koinonia House that explains some of their history & origin, plus possible prophetic significance:
http://www.khouse.org/articles/1995/76/
He believes that they may have descended from the ancient Medes.
I haven't yet discovered if they turn to the Lord as a nation, or not. Joel Rosenburg wrote about them on his blog, but I don't think I can post the link, since blogs are something that RF admins don't want us to link to.

athenasius

He believes that they may have descended from the ancient Medes.
I found this at the end of the Chuck Missler article dated 1995.
"The ultimate destruction of Babylon is prophesied in Isaiah 13 & 14 and Jeremiah 50 and 51. Isaiah 13:17 alludes to "the Medes" as participants in Babylon's destruction, (and this is one of the reasons some scholars have assumed that this refers to the fall of Babylon in 539 b.c.). However, both Isaiah and Jeremiah describe a destruction "like Sodom and Gomorrah," and after which it is never to be inhabited, etc., all of which is yet future and appears as a climactic event in the Book of Revelation."

I think this is a very interesting insight, and certainly the wars since this was written have left Iraq in tatters and destroyed Syria as a functioning country but there is yet these prophecies to be fulfilled. Interesting point.

Is 13 is definitely framed in the Tribulation, it's one of those Day Of The Lord prophecies, and those refer to the Tribulation. Is 14 elaborates on the destruction in the past tense and appears to be a taunt that Israel sings in derision of Babylon after the Messiah ascends the throne in the Millennial reign. At least that is what it seems to me on a quick read.

Jeremiah 50 has these verses 4 and 5 in the passage:
“4 In those days, at that time,”
declares the Lord,
“the people of Israel and the people of Judah together
will go in tears to seek the Lord their God.
5 They will ask the way to Zion
and turn their faces toward it.
They will come and bind themselves to the Lord
in an everlasting covenant
that will not be forgotten."

Which HAS to place this at the time that Israel binds themselves to GOD at some point in the Tribulation, when Israel turns to God. And Jeremiah 51 is VERY specific about the Kurds raised up in that day to finally destroy Babylon the city, but it looks like the "land of Babylon" is also destroyed.

We could be looking at a very interesting clue as to how the destruction of a literal Babylon happens during the Tribulation period. The MEDES. The KURDS!

I think Chuck is right on the money here!

Things that make us go HMMMMMMM!

Thanks Maryrae!