Syrian Kurdish official: Damascus talks going nowhere, Russia to blame

Discussion in 'Gog / Magog' started by Almost Heaven, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

The Kurdish-led authorities revived efforts to negotiate a deal with Damascus earlier this year in the wake of a U.S. decision to withdraw its forces from their areas, hoping Moscow would mediate an agreement that would preserve their autonomy.

The picture has shifted significantly since then, however, with Washington deciding to keep some troops in Syria and the Syrian government directing new threats of military action at Kurdish-led forces if they do not submit to its rule.

Badran Jia Kurd, a Syrian Kurdish official involved in the political track, said the talks had gone nowhere. “The Russians froze the initiative which Russia was supposed to carry out and it did not begin negotiations with Damascus,” he said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ng-nowhere-russia-to-blame-idUSKCN1RO146?il=0

2. DanLMP

DanLMP Well-Known Member

The Kurds seem to be a close second to the Israelis in terms of people to disrespect.

3. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

I keep hoping the Kurds can keep their ancient territory and have their home again.

4. MePlus6

MePlus6 Well-Known Member

Well if Syria is blaming Russia, maybe Russia should just pack up their toys and go home...

...only to be hooked and dragged back in...

John Romans and cchomeschoolmom like this.
  5. Spartan Sprinter 1

Spartan Sprinter 1 Well-Known Member

It's strange , even though they are predominantly Muslim , they have always been good allies of the west. Does the bible mention anything about the Kurds turning to the lord in the end times , i can't remember if it was in Ezekiel where it might mention that ?

cchomeschoolmom likes this.
  6. maryrae

maryrae Well-Known Member

Here's a link from Chuck Missler & Koinonia House that explains some of their history & origin, plus possible prophetic significance:
    http://www.khouse.org/articles/1995/76/
    He believes that they may have descended from the ancient Medes.
    I haven't yet discovered if they turn to the Lord as a nation, or not. Joel Rosenburg wrote about them on his blog, but I don't think I can post the link, since blogs are something that RF admins don't want us to link to.