Syria says Israeli airstrikes hit sites around Damascus

joni

Okay.....now I know Damascus gets obliterated--you know go to bed and wake up and Damascus is no more (or something like that). But wouldn't this have to happen after the Rapture? In my simple mind, if it is to happen before the Rapture, then wouldn't that be a sign? I thought all the signs have happened and we're just waiting.. You all are so much more focused on things than I am.

BlessedAssurance

I very much hope that the rapture happens before Damascus is flattened. :( It saddens me to think of the Christians who live there. I'm sure some of them have already left in past, but perhaps not everyone is able to do so.

Lord Jesus, please protect and have mercy on those believers who are still there. :pray

Footsteps

Okay.....now I know Damascus gets obliterated--you know go to bed and wake up and Damascus is no more (or something like that). But wouldn't this have to happen after the Rapture? In my simple mind, if it is to happen before the Rapture, then wouldn't that be a sign? I thought all the signs have happened and we're just waiting.. You all are so much more focused on things than I am.
The "signs" that characterize the generation that sees all the end time events are generally global in scope and have been apparent for years. Specific disasters like Damascus are more in line with the Gog-Magog War and other regional conflicts that could occur before or after the Rapture. No one can be certain whether Gog-Magog is pre- or post-Rapture, but all the signs indicating that we are close to finding out have been apparent for a long time.