Sydney Australia stabbings

Len

1 dead 2 injured, all women..... attacker stopped by citizens with chairs and milk crate....apparantley yelling terrorist slogans during attack.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/sydney-stabbing-attack-man-in-balaclava-arrested-nsw-police-news/6d7817d4-87c2-45f0-a1df-3e7c9458282c
Eyewitness accounts: Brave Sydneysiders faced blood-splattered attacker after woman stabbed in CBD

The Uber driver whose car was left splattered in blood when the alleged Sydney stabber jumped on it feared the man was carrying a bomb.
The driver – who wished not to be identified - was taking a couple to Macquarie Street in the CBD when he saw traffic had stopped in Clarence Street.
"I saw the fire brigade and all these people running away."

"Then all of a sudden this guy appears with a knife in his hand and covered in blood down his front shirt."
The man then jumped on the car bonnet.
"I was thinking, 'I'm hoping he's not covered in explosives or something'."

"Paul O'Shaughnesy's first thought when he saw a blood-soaked man wielding a knife in the centre of Sydney was for the safety of others.
"I don't know whether it is an instinct thing or what. We just (have) got to try to restrain this guy from doing any more," Mr O'Shaughnesy told 9News in the aftermath of the Sydney CBD rampage.
"My brother and I ran across here and we managed to get a grip along with other guy and we have a grip of him and restrained him fully."

athenasius

Len G and I saw this on our noon news. Horrifying. Equally horrifying was the effort to paint him as a mentally ill man. Despite screaming Allah akhbar over and over as he attacked. The police spokesman said it was a lone attacker but they were checking his online contacts and stressed that he'd been under observation by the police, and even seen by mental health professionals. The police spokesman was big on the last detail, and talked about getting him some treatment or something. Being seen by professionals was the phrase.

the problem with the continual misidentifying the terrorist as mentally ill, is that there is no treatment for terrorism as part of any Mental Illness designation ANYWHERE. It is a made up diagnosis not found in any DSM, made up by politicians and media who want to shift blame, and conflate mental illness and terrorist attacks so they don't have to identify which religion is spawning all this terror.

So they'll "treat" him for an illness that doesn't exist, hasn't got any recognized therapy, and put him back out to do it again if the legal system doesn't find a way to keep him out of public circulation.

Same as Canada and Europe.

Walter Kerr

I watched this "live" as I live in Sydney. It was not long before the media, who are scared stiff of offending the Moslems, were downplaying the "terrorist" angle and promoting the "mental health" idea. Before long the media had convinced themselves that he was mentally ill although, in fairness to them, some reporters did talk along the Islamic line. No matter what the media may say, the man himself was shouting out "Alluha akbar" and that sort of identifies him with Islam, whether the media, the Police or the Government like it or not.

Last edited:

Spartan Sprinter 1

I watched this "live" as I live in Sydney. It was not long before the media, who are scared stiff of offending the Moslems, were downplaying the "terrorist" angle and promoting the "mental health" idea. Before long the media had convinced themselves that he was mentally ill although, in fairness to them, some reporters did talk along the Islamic line. No matter what the media may say, the man himself was shouting out "Alluya akbar" and that sort of identifies him with Islam, whether the media, the Police or the Government like it or not.
Agree with you there Walter, Australia has a strong Muslim/LbGQT appeasement policy, its so frustrating and sad that these people have a voice in this country