Swedish Scientist Proposes Cannibalism to Fight Climate Change

benmcd

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/09/06/swedish-scientist-proposes-cannibalism-fight-climate-change/

Swedish Scientist Proposes Cannibalism to Fight Climate Change

CHRIS TOMLINSON6 Sep 201929,003
2:08
Swedish behavioural scientist Magnus Söderlund has suggested that eating other people after they die could be a means of combatting climate change.
The scientist mentioned the possibility of cannibalism during a broadcast on Swedish television channel TV4 this week about a fair in Stockholm regarding “food of the future”.
Söderlund is set to hold seminars at the event, entitled “Gastro Summit — about the future of food” where he intends to discuss the possibility of eating people in the name of cutting down greenhouse emissions.
According to his research, the main problem with the idea is the widespread taboo of eating human flesh and said that conservative attitudes could make it hard to convince Swedes at large to take up the practice of cannibalism.

Regardless of the likely immense resistance to the idea of eating people, Söderlund said it was important to examine different options in the name of sustainability.
Söderlund is not alone in his call to reject the taboo of cannibalism. Last year, noted atheist and evolutionary scientist Richard Dawkins advocated for lab-grown meat and suggested it may be used to “overcome our taboo against cannibalism”.
Psychologists Jared Piazza and Neil McLatchie of Lancaster University also questioned the taboo on cannibalism in an article for Newsweek last month but ultimately did not endorse breaking it.
Cannibalism is not the only “alternative meat” advocated by climate change activists. Many have embraced plant-based meat imitations, while others have put their support behind “meat” made of insects as a way to cut down on greenhouse emissions and save on land and water use.

358 people are talking about this

A YouGov poll in the UK found that 37 per cent of respondents thought that the number of food products containing insects would grow in the next ten years.
Last year in the German city of Aachen, shoppers were invited to try burgers made of buffalo worms with mixed reactions from the public.

Sowen

I read the title of the thread and thought of Dawkins because he says the same thing. I click on the thread, and yep, there he is. This isn't surprising because it's one of the many horrific inevitable conclusions of believing humans are nothing more than animated meatbags.

It reminds me of the passages in the OT about cannibalism, but it's never a good thing in Scripture.

God help us.

DanLMP

Current talk about the Democratic nominees was a CNN Town Hall they did on the subject of climate change.

Evidently (I didn't watch the town hall) they touched on some of the points discussed in the OP.
I don't think man meat was one of the topics but I think bugs and controlling what we eat was.

BGG already used my Soylent Green reference so I'll just mention how nutty the Dems have become.

Maybe we'll all eat nuts.

Momma D

Current talk about the Democratic nominees was a CNN Town Hall they did on the subject of climate change.

Evidently (I didn't watch the town hall) they touched on some of the points discussed in the OP.
I don't think man meat was one of the topics but I think bugs and controlling what we eat was.

BGG already used my Soylent Green reference so I'll just mention how nutty the Dems have become.

Maybe we'll all eat nuts.
That's funny...but as much as I like nuts, those"nuts" I would do without

Last edited:

TheRedeemed

BSE, otherwise known as mad cow disease, which about 25 years ago infected about 90% of beef cattle in Britain, was determined to have originated in the animal feed.

The said animal feed was made up of ground down cattle offal and bones. Can you believe that, they were feeding cows, cows!

Completely herbivorous animals getting fed meat based food, and worse the meat was the same flesh as the cows they fed it to.

Any species that eats its own type is open to every single disease that their same flesh can contract.

This would be a very quick way of disposing of half the world population. Yuk!

Last edited:

Sowen

BSE, otherwise known as mad cow disease, which about 25 years ago infected about 90% of beef cattle in Britain, was determined to have originated in the animal feed.

The said animal feed was made up of ground down cattle offal and bones. Can you believe that, they were feeding cows, cows!

Completely herbivorous animals getting fed meat based food, and worse the meat was the same flesh as the cows they fed it to.

Any species that eats its own type is open to every single disease the their same flesh can contract.

This would be a very quick way of disposing of half the world population. Yuk!
Just like lethal Kuru neurological disease in humans that's contracted via cannibalism.

kathymendel

Wow........... once again my brain is spinning, but this doesn't surprise me. Nothing surprises me anymore.
My question:
1) When would this change from eating human flesh after death.......... to eating the human flesh of the elderly who
are alive? The mentally weak who are deemed a burden on society? To eating aborted babies?

This is just un-holy. I can certainly see it happening after we are out of here.
But, will we be here long enough to see it? I hope not.
Please Lord Jesus, come take us out of this sinful world...........now.

Hidden

If these people are already promoting gruesome forms of killing and we're not even there yet, imagine how much worse it would be during the tribulation. Billions of people killing each other, skinning each other alive, eating other people's flesh - it would be so horrific that the tribulation saints will cry out in the altar of God, asking God to avenge their deaths.

Years ago, I read this novel by Cormac McCarthy who is considered by some people to be the greatest writer alive - his novel is terrifying in its description of the apocalypse. But now I think that book pales in comparison to what's about to happen.