Survey: 43% of Millennials ‘Don’t Know, Care, or Believe God Exists’

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Younger Americans are reshaping the country with a philosophy of life that rejects faith in God and organized worship at the same time defining success and morality in terms of personal happiness and economic social justice, a survey from the Cultural Research Center (CRC) at Arizona Christian University found.

The American Worldview Inventory (AWVI) 2021, an annual survey that examines the perspectives of adults aged 18 and over in the United States, found that while 57 percent of Millennials (born 1984-2002) consider themselves to be Christian, 43 percent “don’t know, care, or believe that God exists.”

Comparatively, 70 percent of Generation X (Gen X) Americans (born 1965-1983), 79 percent of Baby Boomers (born 1946-1964), and 83 percent of the Builder Generation (born 1927-1945) consider themselves to be Christian, while 31, 28, and 27 percent, respectively, “don’t know, care, or believe that God exists.”

According to the survey, only 48 percent of Millennials say one should “treat others as you want them to treat you,” compared to 53 percent of Gen Xers, 81 percent of Boomers, and 90 percent of Builders.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...illennials-dont-know-care-believe-god-exists/

A life without Christ is a sad thing.

Wings Like Eagles

Younger Americans are reshaping the country with a philosophy of life that rejects faith in God and organized worship at the same time defining success and morality in terms of personal happiness and economic social justice, a survey from the Cultural Research Center (CRC) at Arizona Christian University found.

The American Worldview Inventory (AWVI) 2021, an annual survey that examines the perspectives of adults aged 18 and over in the United States, found that while 57 percent of Millennials (born 1984-2002) consider themselves to be Christian, 43 percent “don’t know, care, or believe that God exists.”

According to the survey, only 48 percent of Millennials say one should “treat others as you want them to treat you,” compared to 53 percent of Gen Xers, 81 percent of Boomers, and 90 percent of Builders.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...illennials-dont-know-care-believe-god-exists/

Not surprising since they have been taught a Marxist worldview and Karl Marx was a vociferous critic of all religion. Along with that, they have been indoctrinated with Darwinism and firmly believe that "science denies the existence of God". :rolleyes:

Batman

I don't know the +/- accuracy of this survey but as godless as society seems to be and in particular our youth, it's hard for me to believe the number is just 43%. I'm not trying to take a fatalist or defeatist attitude here, I'm just being honest based on the way things seem in 2021. It's a disturbing % anyway and very sad.

Kristine

My daughter was born in 1981 and I have to say, a very large percentage of her former classmates are atheist. Her husband was an atheist but was saved. Praising God that my daughter is a strong believer and I pray that she, along with her hubby, will remain strong during these troubling times. Praying for the lost..... :pray

Neonap

I'm a millennial and I can say that most people of my age group either don't bother to ponder on God or into new age beliefs. I know I used to hold onto such strange beliefs though I was always conservative at heart and knew that there was a Creator. It's only because of God's grace, He led me out of the confusion that I was in and led me to the truth.

If we are here for another 20-40 years, I really fear for the future generations. It's really getting bad out here, and Satan is actively busy in confusing the young.

Batman

The entire planet was already bamboozled and bombarded with new age occult, atheism, agnosticism, entertainment and thrill seeking idols and time wasters, and inclined to not want to relate about religion/beliefs; and with this covid mask and distancing situation it's had to only get worse. The walkman/iPod/iPad user generation was already checking out on person by person friendliness, exchanges of conversation and discussions, and interacting (I definitely noticed this in my work travels the past 8+ years), so I'm sure that has worsened too. I don't think it's just the young folks either.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)

Comparatively, 70 percent of Generation X (Gen X) Americans (born 1965-1983), 79 percent of Baby Boomers (born 1946-1964), and 83 percent of the Builder Generation (born 1927-1945) consider themselves to be Christian, while 31, 28, and 27 percent, respectively, “don’t know, care, or believe that God exists.”

Profoundly tragic and heartbreaking. Apart from Jesus, life is meaningless and enveloped in darkness...:frown

GotGrace

Millennials are actually people born between 1981 to 1996. As for why I think millennials don't believe in the Lord is that they (along with Generation Z) will be the majority age group who will be left behind to serve the Antichrist. Thoughts?
Oh I have thought so for a very long time too. The twenty somethings are the ones protesting without regard for anybody or anything. I believe we are seeing a large segment of those that will be left behind because they have no intention of repenting. I’m speaking of the ones in the survey. There are many fine believing young people but there are many who are not.

Footsteps

Last night I was privileged to attend graduation/awards ceremonies for our private Christian school (K-12). The Pastor announced that we would NEVER teach Critical Race Theory. We said separate pledges to the American flag, the Christian flag, and the Holy Bible. Trophies were given for exemplifying Christian character, helpfulness to others, and things I never heard of in public school. The maturity of the youngest students is remarkable. When we start back in September there will be no masks. If I am still well enough to work, I will be able to see their smiles. We just learned that our Associate Pastor's ten year old son has aggressive B cell lymphoma (prayers requested) and will undergo chemo for eight months. None of us can fully understand the purpose of this, but I know there will be a major difference in our approach to the ordeal than if we were not both a church, a school, and a close family. I know we will all grow through it and will be able to understand it sooner than we think.
As I left last night I wondered what the percentages are of young people that are saved. All I know is I am privileged to work in that little outpost of sanity in an ever-darkening world.

DaughterOfaKing

My kids attended a Christian school and when in high school (2008) Josh McDowell came to speak to the parents at the school. I remember him saying that he believed that this generation (the ones in high school at the time) would be the “last Christian generation”. He said something to the effect that studies showed that the upcoming generation was not being guided nor taught by parents about Christ and the Christian faith like previous generations.