Supreme Court Overturns Roe vs. Wade

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I heard something last night pertaining to the states that will ban abortions. God will Bless those states because they held true to not killing babies. The other states that permit this will not be Blessed. Vengeance is mine saith The Lord, I will repay!

There's going to be a huge battle in Minnesota. The principalities and powers have gathered.
Legislative Branch vs Executive. Ultimately, in the State Supreme Court's hands.
The courts and Governor have been responsive to churches, as evidenced by fast reversal of discriminatory treatment during initial pandemic restrictions, and ultimately actually preferential treatment, plus intense church involvement in communities and partnerships with government agencies.

The wildcard may be the (very liberal) ELCA, which is huge here, and which came out with a fairly neutral statement, "Whatever personal perspective one might take on the June 24 abortion ruling from the Supreme Court, it is the legal framework in which we now minister, and I wish to speak a pastoral word at this time." Etc. [not going to link to them] The remainder of the statement almost sounds as if the Presiding Bishop is pleased with SCOTUS, but walking a thin line because of official church teaching.

Church and other leaders have a lot of work to do right now here, and God's people have a LOT of intercessory prayer to do right now here :tappingfoot

I think the best we can get is about what Oklahoma has, minus the aggressive prosecution/government-sanctioned tattletaling. But that is a LOT better than the current fairly liberal abortion laws that are already bringing in people (and a clinic) from other states to murder their babies.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Lastcall

No doubt you’re a better phycologist the biblicist.
Again, posting scripture not relevant to the OP, and then putting down another member.

Often times when someone posts a single verse, it is used out of context for its intended meaning, and then placed in a thread that has nothing to do with the scripture used.

Example - If there was a thread titled “Do Christians still sin”, and someone without explanation posted the below verse, it could then be interpreted in a manner it was not intended to mean.

1 John 3
6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

CaryAnn

I listened to Jack Hibbs today saying that we should pay attention to which "Christian" leaders are bemoaning the Dobbs decision. God is using this and other issues to make it clear who is truly following Jesus and who is a wolf trying to lead us away from Jesus.roe v
I was reading on a news site that some ministers are upset because of Roe v Wade being overturned. They were saying their parishioners were upset also. This shows us just how currupt even our churches are.

madcat

I heard something last night pertaining to the states that will ban abortions. God will Bless those states because they held true to not killing babies. The other states that permit this will not be Blessed. Vengeance is mine saith The Lord, I will repay!
There are a number of states that have a “trigger law” that is supposed to automatically go into effect that bans abortions across the state. TN is one of 20+ that has this. BUT, we already have indivdual city and county AG’s that have officially said they will NOT prosecute anyone getting an abortion, NOR any person performing an abortion. Nashville is one city, and others are coming forward. The usual - Memphis, Knoxville, and I’m sure more will follow. Apparently more than half the US states are seeing the same thing.
Sadly, I see our Gov. and pretty sleazy legislature caving in to the “wizards of wokeness” and not honoring the trigger law.
The demons are brazen, and care nothing about the law, and most of our gov. - local to National, is corrupt.

And now Biden (Obama), has said he will provide free abortions at all state military bases that provide medical care. So there’s that.
:apostasy :apostasy :apostasy

Reason & Hope

Well I'm in trouble then. However, my husband and I think God wants us here in Babylon of the Pacific Northwest for a while lomger.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
No doubt you’re a better phycologist the biblicist.

welkin, I've really appreciated your sharing of scripture and desire to invite the Word of God into conversations..... for it's His Word that is most important. :nod

I also think it's important to remember God's Word in how we engage with one another as well. And, I'm reminding myself on this too as I've also needed to remember for myself:

Therefore I [Paul], a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future.

Ephesians 4:1-4

A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth.

2 Tim 2:24-25

There are times needed for a direct, terse response (Paul had to, hated having to and mostly took a gentle approach in his letters) and I've also found that most often the gentle approaches have had better response and opened hearts to either the Gospel or considering a change of perspective.

At the very least, respecfully disagreeing is most helpful (even with salvation/doctrinal subjects :)).

God's church is precious (including you welkin) and in this world of harshness how much more we need to show the love of God to one another.

I hope this is only edifying and encouraging. God bless.

welkin

1 Peter 1:3
@Everlasting Life
You are very gracious.

I truly regret posting this portion of scripture for it has rubbed not a few the wrong way.

“And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.” (Genesis 38:8-9)

-Farewell-

welkin

1 Peter 1:3
welkin, I've really appreciated your sharing of scripture and desire to invite the Word of God into conversations..... for it's His Word that is most important. :nod

I also think it's important to remember God's Word in how we engage with one another as well. And, I'm reminding myself on this too as I've also needed to remember for myself:

Therefore I [Paul], a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future.

Ephesians 4:1-4

A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth.

2 Tim 2:24-25

There are times needed for a direct, terse response (Paul had to, hated having to and mostly took a gentle approach in his letters) and I've also found that most often the gentle approaches have had better response and opened hearts to either the Gospel or considering a change of perspective.

At the very least, respecfully disagreeing is most helpful (even with salvation/doctrinal subjects :)).

God's church is precious (including you welkin) and in this world of harshness how much more we need to show the love of God to one another.

I hope this is only edifying and encouraging. God bless.
@Everlasting Life
You are very gracious.

I truly regret posting this portion of scripture for it has rubbed not a few the wrong way.

“And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.” (Genesis 38:8-9)

-Farewell-

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Don't fully understand this ruling, does the state now decide who can go along with abortion, if so how many states will actually do this, if for instance only 2 out of 50 agree then its not made much of a difference.

Our Constitution is written so that authority not specifically granted to the national govmint is reserved for the states. Our Federal govmint, via the courts, should never have involved itself in the question unless it was to underscore the rights of all citizens, including those yet unborn.

Lastcall

@Everlasting Life
You are very gracious.

-Farewell-
I doubt your posting scripture rubbed anyone the wrong way. How can His Word be considered a negative? The issue towards you I commented on was asking if you could preface the scriptures with how you felt it was applicable to the thread topic.