Supreme Court Overturns Roe vs. Wade

Begin2Happen

Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade in seismic shift for abortion rights
Updated on: June 24, 2022 / 2:23 PM / CBS News

Washington — The Supreme Court on Friday overturned its landmark decision in Roe v. Wade that established the right to an abortion, with a ruling that marks a seismic shift in abortion law and will usher in new rules limiting or banning access to the procedure in half of the states, in some places immediately.

The decision to undo nearly 50 years of precedent will have sweeping ramifications for tens of millions of women across the country as abortion rights are curtailed, particularly in GOP-led states in the South and Midwest, and lead to a patchwork of laws absent the constitutional protection. Thirteen states have so-called "trigger laws" on the books, in which abortion will swiftly be outlawed in most cases with Roe overturned.

The ruling came in a case involving a Mississippi law that banned abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy, and the court reversed the decision of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which blocked the measure.

more............. https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/supreme-court-roe-v-wade-abortion-rights/

Mocha Latte

While I agree with all above, I hate to rain on the parade but I guess I’m gonna. I’m wondering how many of the threats will be carried out? As in all the angry leftists that have been threatening violence against the justices, pro-life clinics, and anyone that disagrees with them if this got overturned. I’m a little concerned with the hate the enemy is stirring up in the controlled demolition of this country and this might be part of the plan. Maybe?

Footsteps

Mississippi’s 15-week time span was based on “the quickening” - a term used by our primitive doctors to identify the time when life could be detected in the womb. Our shoeless cracker-quacks! Back in them times a pregnant girl had to be driven all the way to Alabama for her procedure, then go back to high school and tell everybody her out-of-state aunt died.

NewWine2020

While I agree with all above, I hate to rain on the parade but I guess I’m gonna. I’m wondering how many of the threats will be carried out? As in all the angry leftists that have been threatening violence against the justices, pro-life clinics, and anyone that disagrees with them if this got overturned. I’m a little concerned with the hate the enemy is stirring up in the controlled demolition of this country and this might be part of the plan. Maybe?
Pretty sure this will be "George Flloyd/Summer of Love take 2"

The more violence and hate the extreme left demonstrates, the more they will alienate themselves from the normal people who just want to be left alone.

SarahRose

https://www.dailywire.com/news/dhs-...ge-following-roe-laid-out-in-manifesto-report

From the article:

WASHINGTON — The Department of Homeland Security reportedly shared intelligence with the Catholic Church about a “Night of Rage” following the possible overturn of Roe v. Wade that will target churches and pregnancy centers.

Newsweek obtained an internal document from the Diocese of Stockton in California directed to clergy, parish, and pastoral staff.

The document obtained by Newsweek reportedly shows that DHS agent Jesse Rangel warned the California diocese of an “extremist” group’s manifesto that calls for attacks on churches that will begin at 8 p.m. on the day that the court releases an opinion in Dobbs vs. Jackson Women’s Health Organization.

Footsteps

Sadly there will be a lot of anger over this decision. :sad
The leftists began the anger early by leaking the probable court decision. In 2020 street violence was permitted. Kamala helped bail Californians out of jail. Yesterday several terrorists that had assaulted Federal officers guarding Federal facilities in Portland (on camera) had their charges dropped by the Attorney General. It will be interesting to see city responses to street crime this year. Biden (the leader of the free world) is about to vomit rage so I need to turn the TV back on. I was going to watch The Exorcist again but maybe Joe will spew oatmeal on his teleprompter.

Another tip of the hat to Trump for tipping the balance of the Supreme Court.

RobinB

Already saw that Homeland Security issued a "night of rage" warning to Catholic churches, schools, pregnancy centers, etc. :sad

Footsteps

Found another cultural precedent. It’s a little bit of a stretch because it’s an antique rock tablet. The local legend says an Egyptian expatriate climbed a mountain to see YHVH - ? and came back with The Ten Suggestions. Suggestion No. 6: “Don’t murder”. I realize how vague and open to interpretation the remark is, but the antique dealer assured me that the Suggestions were from a sage named Hammurabi or Hamandcheese Rabbi or something like that.

The Saint

Pretty sure this will be "George Flloyd/Summer of Love take 2"

The more violence and hate the extreme left demonstrates, the more they will alienate themselves from the normal people who just want to be left alone.
I agree 100%
Of course the riots will come at a bad time for Democrats...just before an election. The Red Wave cannot get here soon enough.

Ultimately I take this as a good sign that there IS a good and faithful remnant of believers still in the US...enough perhaps to stay the Hand of Judgement.

Lastcall

Praise to Trump for making the picks for the Supreme Courts. Also, praise for McConnell for getting those picks confirmed, some of which were under circumstances other majority leaders might of caved and pulled the nominee, or not held the hearings during an election year. I know on this forum its popular to criticize McConnell, but in almost every situation, he got what Trump wanted through the senate.

It will be entertaining watching the left shriek because their desire to murder babies has been slowed down.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Have not watched any television at all today, too busy trying to fix things/maintenance, but I suppose sometime today Chucky Schumer will give another long winded tirade on certain people ( SCOTUS) reaping a coming whirl wind :rolleyes: , not realizing his own whirl wind is coming.