Stupid dreams

Dave

I just woke up from another creepy dream. It must be the pain medication. This time it was vampire cows. It actually sounds hilarious, but they were pretty scary cows. I may lay off hamburger for a while.

Lol, that does sound crazy. I have some pretty strange weird ones as well. I used to have a stray white rabbit that used to like to hang around as my avatar here on this site and I had a dream one time and he could talk and he was living in the house with me. That was shortly after he disappeared for good.

Eric Nicholas

Oh, I totally get you. I have had nightmares every single night since I was a child. There hasn't been a night where I didn't have one, since I could remember.

The very first dream or nightmare I remember, I was 5ish and I dreamed that I was in a shiny cylindrical tank in a field. The grass was very short and very green. The sky was black with bright stars and they were very low to the ground, as if the cosmos descended into our atmosphere. The tank went all the way up into the void. I was walking about in the tank and suddenly I heard screaming in the tank from above, and animals started raining on my head and I couldn't withstand the weight and it crushed me. I was disemboweled and severed unto my destruction. But I remained alive to feel its torment and the weight of all of those animals. The animals consisted primarily of deer, cows, and other varied species. Eerie.

Last edited:

ANewCreature

Oh, I've had some doozies. I write some down on the computer to share with couple friends when I remember in fact, over the last ten years or so. The following are still in my sent Mail...
---------------------------------

One started off normal except for having these little washing machiens akin to the little refrigerators kids have int heir dorm rooms that are the size of freezers, maybe a bit smaller, in a fridge with the freezer on top.

Anyway, I was either in college or law school and my roommates in what was apparently a small, off campus apartment were doing laundry in them. I asked one if he could remove and fold my clothes when they were done (okay, that is weird now that I thinka bout it, why would you fold clothes that weren't dry? Did this thing dry them, too?). He said he could.

So, I left to walk toward a lecture I waas going to, and of coruse the walk takes like 10 seconds instead of several minutes, and my professor greets me... the professor is Leslie Nielsen! While I walk toward the room where the lecture is, he is in front of me, pulls out a skateboard, stands on his head on top of it, and just starts going toward the lecture.

The lecture hall apparently has a plate glass window next to the door. I hear a crash and expect there to be a lot of broken glad, but instead some fgure is jsut finishing putting up a large piece of paper which looks like a sales receipt at a grocery store, saying in huge letters (had to be so I could red) things like "bread, 5 cents," and so on. And, I hear a voice sounding like Nielsen's say...

"I gave him the slip."

The dream didn't go on, I think I heard myself giggling a bit before but by this time I was laughing too hard and woke myself up.

In this one, Star Trek's Q challenges the Star Trek crews of different series to a baseball season. Yes, season, the challenge was about games, but since Q is so powerful he can cause them to play whole seasons in a few seconds, or at least he could in my dream. There are a number of things I forget - trades with different sci-fi series, etc. for one thing. But, the funniest part was the end - I guess my dreams like to have a punch line sometimes.

Captain Kirk, who you'd expect to be most annoyed and even ready to punch Q's lights out, is talking to Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy after their season. He says that he was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed his time as a baseball player, because he got all the girls, but the only problem was that Q made the season go so fast that, at the risk of sounding like Mr. Spock, he had only 19/100ths of a second, on average, with each one.

The part of my brain that started laughing at that was apparently occupied by the image of Mr. Spock - but, Vulcans caren't supposed to have emotions so he was clearly stifling a loud laugh, so much so that a tear or two were trickling down his face. Dr. McCoy says, "Admit it, Spock, what Jim said was hilarious to you." Mr. Spock then replies, "Actually, Doctor, these could be tears of grief, too. For isntance, my brother's friend's gerbil died when it was 19 degrees out, so the number may remind me of that."

Then, I woke up laughing. I don't know if it was more at Kirk or Spock's attempt to explain his tears when he was obviously trying not to laugh.

In another, my friend Sander from college and I stop by this place a block away or so from my Uncle Tim's house (which is on 15 acres - he's a retired bone doctor)where for some reason we're chopping firewood for whatever party we're having. We've never chopped wood before, though he has sometimes, I imagine.

I comment that we need to be careful and Sander says that's okay becasue he injured his wrist trying to throw a curveball recently. (Why, I don't know - it's a shame we don't think to ask questions in dreams often enough, but this just seemed real enough I didn't think to ask. Sander is in his early 50s now, and football is his favorite sport though baseball is okay to him, but he's never been an athlete..)

So, I made a comment that it was okay becasue what might happen is "something I'm sure you remember seeing in cartoons a lot growing up - you raise the axe above your head, the axe gets stuck, and then you bring the handle down and the head comes down on your head." Now, I don't recall a cartoon where that exact thing happens (what would the axe head get stuck on?), but it was certainly Loony Tunes-ish enough it made sense.

I was half-asleep but woke up and tried hard to remember this dream so I could write it down this morning. So, I recall that more than the 2nd part, which occurred after I fell back asleep - I almost never have 2-part dreams, if I do it's becasue I focused so much on the first part and it was like in my brain it kept going. This was one of those times.

We get there and my cousins' kids all come and give me a hug, and one remarks that she has just gotten a part in a play (though she is 7, isn't into acting, and I forget what it was but it was like "1776" or something where there would be no spot for a 7YO girl to try out.) I think my brain was on random at this point because a few other funny things were said; I don't recall them but I do recall the 7YO appearing in "1776."

But, really, the whole dream was like one of those Mad Libs where my brain was like "I need a place," and the another part filled in "Uncle Tim's house," and then it was like, "Give me an activity" and it was "chopping wood," etc.
--------------------------------------

Sometimes it's just people saying weird stuff - one I remember had a professor recently teaching a class and talking about these really dumb, stubborn soldiers who used "guns from the Middle Ages" (obviously an anachronism) in the 1800s even though they were far too slow and everyone who volutneered for this unit kept getting killed.
------------------------------

In one from when I was a teen, I walked out of my backdoor and instead of tmy backyard, I was in Wrigley Field stepping onto the mound. I was pitching against the Cubs - dn't recall who I played for. I gave up a bunch of hard hits. Hey, at least I was playing.
--------------------------

In another from my high school years, I was a Secret Service agent protecting President PIerce, and discovered a bomb planted by Southerners to kill him and put the Southern President Pro Tem in the White House. The airplane looked like one of those little PLayskool ones I used to play with as a kid.

I woke up actually thinking, "That was cool, realistic, etc.. Then, of course, as I'm walking to the bathroom, I vividly recall turnign to my dog and saying, "Hey, wait a minuters! President Pierce served half a century before the airplane was invented!"
--------------------

But, one of my favorite was in my first weeks of college. I'd heard a lot of talk about how much more we would be studying, and needing to take breaks, etc.. So, being told we'd probably have dreams about the stress, I had one. :)

I dreamed I was walking through our campus bookstore, and next to each of the class' required books were snack foods that each professor had sponsoring the class or something. I'm not sure exacty how the connection went, but I do remember the next and final scene. One of my professors was in the middle of a lecture... and he pulls out a bag of chips or cookies or something and starts doing a commercial for it like in the old days of radio or early TV. :)

Dave

Lol, that does sound crazy. I have some pretty strange weird ones as well. I used to have a stray white rabbit that used to like to hang around as my avatar here on this site and I had a dream one time and he could talk and he was living in the house with me. That was shortly after he disappeared for good.

I wrote this while half asleep, I meant to say I used to have a stray white rabbit that liked to hang around. I used some photos of him here as my avatar for awhile. After he disappeared for good I had a dream of him living in the house with me and he could talk. I miss the little fur ball.

Kerbluey

I wrote this while half asleep, I meant to say I used to have a stray white rabbit that liked to hang around. I used some photos of him here as my avatar for awhile. After he disappeared for good I had a dream of him living in the house with me and he could talk. I miss the little fur ball.

I was trying to figure out what on earth you meant in your original comment, lol!

ChildofLight

For years I had bad dreams about bridges. I always blamed them on this old iron bridge that went across the creek near my house. We went across it to go to my Grandma’s house or aunt’s house. It would rattle and those boards would make loud popping sounds. Several times we walked across it looking down at the creek and it was scary, as there were big spaces between the planks and some looked rotten. To a little kid it looked a long ways down to the creek. I would dream these bridges would just end as I was going across. Sometimes I would fall off the end of the bridge and I would wake up. Some of these bridges were nothing but low water crossings of which there was quite a bit of water and I could never make it across. (Maybe because we would go across these types out in west Texas when visiting my Oma and Opa.) These dreams went on for a long time. Then a strange thing happened. I dreamed I was on one of the huge elevated bridges in a large city and I could see it just ended and I had this terrified feeling. Suddenly I heard my dad’s voice and he said “It’s okay. You’ll make it across.” Suddenly the bridge was whole and I made it across. Never had another bridge dream after that.

I also had bad dreams about the lights in the house. The old house lived in- windows did not lock and doors did not lock. No air conditioning so in summer windows and doors always open. The house was built during the 40’s in a recession. Wiring old. I had started dreaming the lights would go off and on in the house and that somebody was in the house. Now the really scary part is I would wake up and have to go to the bathroom, so I would walk in the dark to the kitchen and turn the light on to get some water and go to the bathroom. There were several times after one of those dreams the light in the kitchen or bathroom would make a loud pop the light bulb blew and I would be in the dark. I know my eyes were big as saucers and my heart was pounding. Those times were so scary. One time I got up and turned on the kitchen light turned around and there was my dad. He had gotten up no lights on and scared me half to death. Another time after I had one of those dreams I turned the light on in my bedroom to go the the bathroom and then the light wouldn’t turn out. I fell asleep and later tried to turn it off it went off. I was so glad when I got my new house built. Doors lock. Windows lock. Can’t hear outside noises.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Nightmares (daymares) are no fun :mad
Whether medication, stress, or something else-induced, they'e frightening and even if you don't remember them, the fright/stress stays with you the rest of the night/day.

I won't share the ones I remember, lest anyone else dream something similar.

A lot of times, nightmares and weird dreams I've dreamed have come true :eek Sometimes same day, sometimes weeks/months later, and sometimes years later. The more often I have the same nightmare (daymare) the more likely this is to happen. There's a couple I'm still waiting on :fear :hide :peek

kathymendel

For years I had such crazy dreams that my late husband told me to write them down when I awoke from them. He said I could have several best selling books - and maybe some movies - using my dreams for inspiration!! Of course, I didn't do that........... haha. I still dream some doozies, but I can hardly ever remember anything about them afterwards..........just that I had them.

Channah

I used to always dream jumping from one planet to another and that I could jump so high in the air and fly. These dreams went on for a long time.

Cloud Watcher

I like flying dreams except for the beginnings. It always starts out where I'm trying to escape someone. Then I leap into the air and enjoy soaring high above, safe and sound. Wheee!

ANewCreature

I like flying dreams except for the beginnings. It always starts out where I'm trying to escape someone. Then I leap into the air and enjoy soaring high above, safe and sound. Wheee!

My grandpa was a pilot in World War II, thankfully never got sent overseas after Contracting pleurisy. However, he would have dreams like that just because he was thinking about his days as a pilot, but he would be flying just without a plane.

I often wished I could have one like that and finally did, and it was weird. Because I do know that I'm in dreams sometimes, because of certain cues I pick up like the tens digit on a clock being 6 7 8 or 9 which is impossible, I think this was one of those where I was doing that and I just happened to be able to control what happened. But the weird part is I saying I can fly I can fly I can fly like Peter Pan and then just kept saying things that rhymes with fly, like way up high, then finally I said I like pie 3 times, and then I said but not as much as cake as cake as cake.

yrrek

I just woke up from another creepy dream. It must be the pain medication. This time it was vampire cows. It actually sounds hilarious, but they were pretty scary cows. I may lay off hamburger for a while.

Dan, you must be reading too many comic books. Hell cow is a Marvel character a vampire cow who was bitten by Dracula. It’s a real thing... look up Hell cow. My hubby is a big nerd.

Eric Nicholas

I had one today that made me physically sick.

It was day and snowy, slight fog, dying light and mist prevailed on the earth; you could almost taste it. Senses were heightened in a world where you couldn't feel anything, a contradiction, chaos. There were absolutely no humans about. There was no noise from the current world. The world did still exist in its current form, though. Streets, buildings, parks, etc., all had a place, but nothing had power.

I entered a very large building. It was deep, like the ocean, no echoes. The aforementioned light illuminated it enough to where I could negotiate the building. I went into this room and the structure got even deeper, higher, more voluminous. The darkness was absolutely thick, it had weight. I kept walking into the single room and I saw a large hole in the ceiling. Through the hole you could make out the gray, cold void that loosed the snow and cast itself upon the world.

I saw shapes that started moving near the breach. I slowly made out the creature that dictated there. It was pitch black in color, that could be because it was hard to see exact details. It's body was a giant sphere with what looked like twenty spider-like legs. It had wings like a moth and the wingspan was sickening. It had two giant, white eyeballs on the side of it that had a sickly yellow film across them. Eyeballs spanned the entire length of all of its legs. On the spherical, body portion of this thing were faces of other creatures that I'm not sure what to call them.

It spoke in a slow, deep voice. It sounded like an awful instrument. It said " I have the extinction event ". I looked and above its abdomen was a cup that was brilliant gold and tears were coming out of it, as the terror hung below the breach. There was this awful deep sound that come from under me, I cannot describe it. It felt like my cells were vibrating to the point of my destruction. I looked down and there was no floor where I was standing, it was just blackness. I realized that I was suspended in a black depth. I started sinking endlessly and I could hear its wings flutter as I was enveloped in the depths. As I was sinking I could hear it singing such an awful noise. There were no describable lyrics, just some dreadful otherworldly hymn, as it sang unto its dominion.

Last edited: