Stepdaughter Boundaries

cheeky200386

I not sure what part you live in, but in Tampa, the dew point is right now 68. For those who dont know, Dew point measures the “stickiness” in the air, and once its above 60, you can feel it. Summers there is well over 75 all day and night. 75 is a level the tropics reach, and Im sure parts of Florida reach 79-80 at times. Here in Oregon, its rare to get a dew point above 58, and is usually in the mid 50s all summer.

Cheeky, Im not sure of you have ever lived in the south, and if not, get use to sweating by just thinking about going outside. Also, flash your lights on and off all night so you are use to the daily lightning storms.

I still like Florida as the people I met there were very nice.

I don't actually want to move to Florida, I hate the humidity. Unfortunately that's where Mike has focused on for us to possibly move to. I was trying to convince him to look at other conservative states that are dryer. Lol

The people were nice when I visited.

cheeky200386

BTW Cheeky, the temp was upper 70's and sunny today here in Florida. We are running the A/C. :sunny

I love the warmth but hate the humidity. I'll also miss the mountains, forests, and Fall season. I was hoping Mike would consider another red state for us but he's stuck on FL. God must have a reason for that. Who knows, we may not end up moving.

I hate MA but I love my church and don't want to leave it.

cheeky200386

At least Florida is nice in the winter, so you’ll get several months of beautiful weather even if summer is horrible. And there’s also the beach!!
That's true! I do hate the winter. I am most looking forward to the people. Everyone seems so friendly and I love knowing there will be more like minded folks. It feels extremely isolating up here in MA. It seems the majority are pro LGBT and anti-God.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
At least Florida is nice in the winter, so you’ll get several months of beautiful weather even if summer is horrible. And there’s also the beach

At least Florida is nice in the winter, so you’ll get several months of beautiful weather even if summer is horrible. And there’s also the beach!!
I love Florida, we vacation there every year. I do think Florida is one election away from getting a Whitmer.
I pray we won't be here for another election.

cheeky200386

I wanted to share an update on things with my stepdaughter. Since my original posting, she has not reached out to my husband. Not for Father's Day, his birthday or to just say hi.

Yesterday she calls him from the mental health emergency room letting him know her and her mother got into a physical fight. According to my stepdaughter, Elisia, her mother punched her, called the police, and she was admitted to the Psych emergency room. She turns 18 years old on Aug 7th and her mother told her that she would be getting kicked out.

My husband was stressing about how it would be for her to live with us, how we would have to move out of my mother's place, and find a place in this awful housing climate. Thankfully we talked and came up with a list of expectations for her, rules, and deal breakers last month in the event she would call us in a crisis again. I suggested he get a sense of what she wants and that I would pray.

Well, Elisia called and told him she wants to stay in FL and move in with an adult friend of hers (a previous neighbor who is married with kids and seems to be a positive influence for her).

I do feel some relief and want to keep praying for her and my husband about this situation. He has plans to help her financially until she graduates high school in December. Then he is going to make it clear that after that, she will be on her own financially if she refuses to live with us where he can guide her. He doesn't trust her to to be upfront if she refuses to get a part time job, go to school, and fulfill the counseling we want her to get.

Last edited:

cheeky200386

I want to add that since my first posting, I know God wants me to submit to my husband and so Mike knows I will support whatever he decides, including her living with us. Interestingly enough, the more I submit, the more careful my husband wants to be. I am just praying this will be used to Glorify God and bring my husband and his daughter to Jesus Christ!

Leigh

I want to add that since my first posting, I know God wants me to submit to my husband and so Mike knows I will support whatever he decides, including her living with us. Interestingly enough, the more I submit, the more careful my husband wants to be. I am just praying this will be used to Glorify God and bring my husband and his daughter to Jesus Christ!
:amen

Thank you for the update Cheeky! (And I love your picture, by the way!!)

cheeky200386

My stepdaughter's 18th birthday came and went. Mike and I have not heard from her at all. We did find out that she never had any intention of living with us. She would just call when she was in a crisis and then disappear for months on end. Mike made it clear to her he would not help her financially if she stays in Florida to do whatever she wants.

I am praying for her salvation. I'm curious to see what will happen with her and when we'll hear from her again.

Lynn

Longing for Home
My stepdaughter's 18th birthday came and went. Mike and I have not heard from her at all. We did find out that she never had any intention of living with us. She would just call when she was in a crisis and then disappear for months on end. Mike made it clear to her he would not help her financially if she stays in Florida to do whatever she wants.

I am praying for her salvation. I'm curious to see what will happen with her and when we'll hear from her again.
Did Mike contact her to wish her happy birthday? This is a significant year for her, as she's now an adult, as you know.
She was probably pretty excited about it for that reason, like my granddaughter was.

cheeky200386

Did Mike contact her to wish her happy birthday? This is a significant year for her, as she's now an adult, as you know.
She was probably pretty excited about it for that reason, like my granddaughter was.
He has no way to contact her. He sends her emails but hears nothing. She doesn't have a phone so he messaged her mother, but that is a dead end.

Lynn

Longing for Home
He has no way to contact her. He sends her emails but hears nothing. She doesn't have a phone so he messaged her mother, but that is a dead end.
Very sad situation. I'm sure that you both are greatly disappointed that Mike is not able to have a normal father/daughter relationship. Have you firmed up your plans for moving to Florida anytime soon? The picture of Mike in uniform holding little Peter is adorable!

cheeky200386

Very sad situation. I'm sure that you both are greatly disappointed that Mike is not able to have a normal father/daughter relationship. Have you firmed up your plans for moving to Florida anytime soon? The picture of Mike in uniform holding little Peter is adorable!
Thank you. Mike was just promoted to inside in the jail cell. He feels less stress now that he's off the streets. He's still going forward with the FL certification in October. We'll see what he decides. I'm trusting God to guide us.