Staying positive

JamesSuth

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how much time I spend dwelling on the negative things. There is good reason for that. We live in the world, we want to reach the lost, and we want to be wise to all the evil around us. But I think we are also, for our own good, called to think about good things to. The world is much worse than most people imagine, but for us believers there is a happy ending!

Philippians 4:8 comes to mind: “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things”.

Lets see how many good, nice and positive things we can encourage each other like. So to get things started: It is winter here, but I am glad to have central heating! It is honestly quite wonderful to have a warm house!! :campfire:sleepchair

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I am glad (which is surely another way of saying I am thankful) that in this world of increasing numbers of corrupted church assemblies we have a forum and a fellowship like Rapture Forums ... where God's truth is proclaimed and God's love is demonstrated.

Kerbluey

I live in a free country, my loving supportive family, a warm home, a soft bed, my vision, and because it’s been a cold wintry day I was thanking the Lord for my wonderful shower as I stood under it letting the hot water scald, boil, and relax me. I love me a hot shower on a cold evening!

ItIsFinished!

I am glad (which is surely another way of saying I am thankful) that in this world of increasing numbers of corrupted church assemblies we have a forum and a fellowship like Rapture Forums ... where God's truth is proclaimed and God's love is demonstrated.
I absolutely agree.
I said it before and I'll say it again , it Is of no coincidence that we all are here .

Good thread :thumbup

JamesSuth

I'm thankful that God allowed me to procure a home loan so that my daughter and grandchildren can move out of their broken down trailer and into a nice warm home they can call their own.
Really pleased to hear that God has blessed your family in this way :).

So many wonderful posts on here, and I am taken by how may of us are thankful for the things that many would regard as 'small'.

I absolutely agree.
I said it before and I'll say it again , it Is of no coincidence that we all are here .

Good thread :thumbup
Amen! He has taken us here for a reason.

I live in a free country, my loving supportive family, a warm home, a soft bed, my vision, and because it’s been a cold wintry day I was thanking the Lord for my wonderful shower as I stood under it letting the hot water scald, boil, and relax me. I love me a hot shower on a cold evening!
I laughed out loud at your shower comments, on a cold day there is nothing better than a self - boil in the shower :laugh. And I agree with vision, I was feeling very thankful for that over the weekend. There was no particular prompt, it was just something that I felt very grateful for.

Kerbluey

Really pleased to hear that God has blessed your family in this way :).

So many wonderful posts on here, and I am taken by how may of us are thankful for the things that many would regard as 'small'.

Amen! He has taken us here for a reason.

I laughed out loud at your shower comments, on a cold day there is nothing better than a self - boil in the shower :laugh. And I agree with vision, I was feeling very thankful for that over the weekend. There was no particular prompt, it was just something that I felt very grateful for.
I lost some of my vision overnight twenty years ago. It was so traumatic to this day I regularly thank God I can still see! I love the term self boil, lol. Exactly!

Cindy S.

I'm thankful that God allowed me to procure a home loan so that my daughter and grandchildren can move out of their broken down trailer and into a nice warm home they can call their own.
Mary, My daughter is homeless and living with us. Did you put the loan in your name, or cosign for your daughter?
I'm SO on the fence about helping and sticking my neck out.

Mary Cole

Mary, My daughter is homeless and living with us. Did you put the loan in your name, or cosign for your daughter?
I'm SO on the fence about helping and sticking my neck out.
It's in my name, since I'm the only veteran in the family. It's a VA home loan. My daughter knows she will be making all payments, between her and her fiance. She wanted a loan no more than $1200 per month. This house is only $900 per month, including taxes and insurance. In 2 years, after building up her credit, she will buy the house from me.

They can more than afford to make the payments, because both are working at good paying jobs.

moosejive

I’m thankful to live in a country where we are free to worship, even though it maybe difficult at times. Thankful for shelter, enough food and clean water because so many in the world don’t have even that. Thankful we can have and use the internet freely to help spread the Good News. :heythere:meet

InsuranceGuy

I'm thankful for my new weighted blanket. I've never had one, but I can see what all the fuss is about. They are heavy. Mine is only the 18lb variety, and it does give you a bit of anxiety at first, but it feels like someone is hugging you all night. These things are pretty neat.

On a bigger subject, I'm thankful to have been born in a country where we have freedoms. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to be a Christian in the Middle East or China. We're so fortunate so being here.

JamesSuth

I’m thankful to live in a country where we are free to worship, even though it maybe difficult at times. Thankful for shelter, enough food and clean water because so many in the world don’t have even that. Thankful we can have and use the internet freely to help spread the Good News. :heythere:meet
Yes, the internet is spreading the Gospel to the ends of the earth! Clean water is wonderful to have, for most people throughout history the thought of being able to drink water at any time with almost no risk would have been almost unbelievable.