State That Never Had Slaves Wants $569B in Slavery Reparations

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Asians, who were the most discriminated against, will foot the bill
By Daniel Greenfield

Why not just call it a $569 billion payoff to the Democrat voting base? From “student loan forgiveness” to San Francisco’s “guaranteed income” for the 72 genders to all the environmental consulting gigs, isn’t that what 90% of the political program of Democrat officials now comes down to?

A California task force studying the long-term effects of slavery and systemic racism on black residents in the state has estimated a whopping $569 billion in reparations is owed to the descendants of enslaved people, according to a report.

California never had slavery. So they’re defaulting to…

The nine-member panel concluded that black Californians whose ancestors were in the US in the 19th century are due $223,200 each due to housing discrimination practices utilized from 1933 to 1977, the New York Times reported.

Somehow we’ve gone from slavery to housing discrimination during the 1930s. Historically, California discriminated against Asians more than anyone else. And yet as a high-income group, they’re going to be stuck with much of the bill. As will Latinos. For that matter the majority of California residents were never even here back then, either they or their ancestors, yet they’re stuck with a $569 billion bill.

“We are looking at reparations on a scale that is the largest since Reconstruction,” Jovan Scott Lewis, a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, who is one of the nine members, told the Times.

Is Jovan expecting to get $223,200? Isn’t that a conflict of interest?

Meanwhile, this is going on.

The infant son of a California tech honcho overdosed on fentanyl he found while crawling around a playground in an upscale San Francisco neighborhood, according to his frightened father and nanny.

The 10-month-old twin, Sena, was playing with his brother at George Moscone Park in the Marina District on Tuesday afternoon when he began struggling to breathe and turned blue, his nanny Wendy Marroqui said.

Who’s going to be paying reparations for that one?

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...had-slaves-wants-569b-in-slavery-reparations/

Bethlehem57

By Daniel Greenfield

Why not just call it a $569 billion payoff to the Democrat voting base? From “student loan forgiveness” to San Francisco’s “guaranteed income” for the 72 genders to all the environmental consulting gigs, isn’t that what 90% of the political program of Democrat officials now comes down to?

A California task force studying the long-term effects of slavery and systemic racism on black residents in the state has estimated a whopping $569 billion in reparations is owed to the descendants of enslaved people, according to a report.

The nine-member panel concluded that black Californians whose ancestors were in the US in the 19th century are due $223,200 each due to housing discrimination practices utilized from 1933 to 1977, the New York Times reported.

Somehow we’ve gone from slavery to housing discrimination during the 1930s. Historically, California discriminated against Asians more than anyone else. And yet as a high-income group, they’re going to be stuck with much of the bill. As will Latinos. For that matter the majority of California residents were never even here back then, either they or their ancestors, yet they’re stuck with a $569 billion bill.

“We are looking at reparations on a scale that is the largest since Reconstruction,” Jovan Scott Lewis, a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, who is one of the nine members, told the Times.

The infant son of a California tech honcho overdosed on fentanyl he found while crawling around a playground in an upscale San Francisco neighborhood, according to his frightened father and nanny.

The 10-month-old twin, Sena, was playing with his brother at George Moscone Park in the Marina District on Tuesday afternoon when he began struggling to breathe and turned blue, his nanny Wendy Marroqui said.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...had-slaves-wants-569b-in-slavery-reparations/
Only in CA with idjit boy Newsom!

Sandra Lee

All the "woke" agenda has done nothing to help our nation as a whole. It has only served to further divide the American people, and cause more resentment. It is a true travesty for our nation. The rule of law is now completely overlooked on purpose. Our leaders break our Constitutional rights on a daily basis. It would make me cry on a daily basis, if my heart and mind were not rooted in Jesus and his promises to me. We have to keep encouraged, knowing this was all prophesied to happen, in end of days. Younger people, do not remember how the U.S.A. was in the 50's and 60's. They do not see the fall of America, the way older generations do. It is a sad thing, truly.

wanderingfreeman

I grew up mainly in the 70 being born in the late 60s. Even to my age group, the decline is obvious. If they want to talk "reparations" let's talk about the members of my family who died to free those slaves. Several branches of my family tree were pruned in order that they might be freed from bondage. I believe we paid enough. My family is rooted in upstate New York and never owned slaves
I am willing to bet that thousands of other families made similar sacrifices. It is time, past time, to move on. Jmo ymmv

NewWine2020

By Daniel Greenfield

I knew it was Cali before I even clicked on the link.

Ca is becoming the test run for the dark, dystopian nightmare nation that progressives want to twist and pervert the whole USA into.

Endangered

Where would the money come from. The national debt is already thru the roof. Do they want to raise taxes on only Whites? After the Rapture things like this will happen more often.

Back