Starting New Threads

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Folks,
I'd like to ask that everyone who starts threads to do so with a link and some portion of the article linked to. I'm seeing a lot of threads with simply a link and nothing else. This is not a good way to start threads as it confuses people about your points on a topic, leads people to guess what you are wanting to talk about, and if the links become inactive down the road on a site will mean we have a bunch of threads with dead links on them. This degrades the forum experience for users.

So, please try to follow my lead and post the first couple of paragraphs of an article and then a link to the rest of the article. This will at least make the discussion more fruitful. Also, please do not start threads with just a Youtube embed. That also leads people to wonder why you posted a video.

Thank you.

Andrew

Well known member
:bump
Hi Folks,
I'd like to ask that everyone who starts threads to do so with a link and some portion of the article linked to. I'm seeing a lot of threads with simply a link and nothing else. This is not a good way to start threads as it confuses people about your points on a topic, leads people to guess what you are wanting to talk about, and if the links become inactive down the road on a site will mean we have a bunch of threads with dead links on them. This degrades the forum experience for users.

So, please try to follow my lead and post the first couple of paragraphs of an article and then a link to the rest of the article. This will at least make the discussion more fruitful. Also, please do not start threads with just a Youtube embed. That also leads people to wonder why you posted a video.

Thank you.
We seem to be getting a lot of this recently. Many readers won't follow the link or watch the video without a bit more information up front. Apart from that, it is more considerate to forum members to provide some text.

Back