Sri Lanka PM offers resignation after protesters storm, set fire to president's house

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Sri Lanka PM offers resignation after protesters storm, set fire to president's house
Sri Lankan President to step down from the presidency on July 13 * Israel issues travel warning to Sri Lanka
By REUTERS, JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Published: JULY 9, 2022

Sri Lanka Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe is willing to resign to make way for all-party government, his office said in a statement on Saturday, after thousands of protesters stormed the president's official residence in Colombo. Protesters also set fire to Wickremesinghe's residence, the BBC reported. Soldiers and police were unable to hold back the crowd of chanting protesters demanding President Gotabaya Rajapaksa's resignation, as public anger grows over the country's worst economic crisis in seven decades. Protesters also forced their way through heavy metal gates into the Finance Ministry and the president's seafront offices.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-711615

TimeWarpWife

When the perceived "peasants" of a country are starving and the rich elitists running things refuse to do anything about it, this is what happens. As long as the citizens aren't murdering people, but taking action to get the rich elitists' attention, I don't feel any sympathy for the government officials.

Last edited:

MapleLeaf

I honestly don't feel sympathy for the leaders even if they do get murdered. But that's why we don't base our morality on feelings. The mob has a tendency to get out of hand. Anyone who seems to be doing better than oneself becomes a target. "They don't look like a skeleton...they must be stealing from the poor.....kill them!"

NewWine2020

When the perceived "peasants" of a country are starving and the rich elitists running things refuse to do anything about it, this is what happens. As long as the citizens aren't murdering people, but taking action to get the rich elitists' attention, I don't feel any sympathy for the government officials.

This is EXACTLY as it should be. The élite need to know they can only push the people (of any nation) so far.

NewWine2020

I honestly don't feel sympathy for the leaders even if they do get murdered. But that's why we don't base our morality on feelings. The mob has a tendency to get out of hand. Anyone who seems to be doing better than oneself becomes a target. "They don't look like a skeleton...they must be stealing from the poor.....kill them!"

Right there with you MapleLeaf. No sympathy AT ALL for those who enrich themselves at the expense of or force changes that hurt people that the elite perceive as "beneath them."

I do agree that these often get out of hand:

Russian Revolution: Kill everyone that has any private wealth at all...
Cambodia/Kampuchea: "Kill all the educated professionals/anyone who was not a farm worker" prior to the revolution...

This is our sin nature manifest, that even in causes that begin for the right reason, the most selfish, violent and cruel people always seem to rise to the top and hijack the cause for their own gain...and the whole cycle begins again and repeats in perpetuity.

I hope the Siri Lankan people end up in a better place but it's not in the best interests of the power brokers in the world, they don't want people to get the idea that the normal. everyday people can toss the elite out on their rears.

MapleLeaf

Even though he was a religious and ethnic minority in Ukraine, my great=grandfather was still a "kulak". He actually inherited his property by marrying my great-grandmother as it was her father's estate. Even ethical, generous landowners became targets but soon it was anyone who owned any property at all. You have one cow!? You are unfairly having something someone else does not! And the wealth was not shared. Crops were burned and livestock were killed and destroyed so no one could at least eat it.

GHoe

I'm sure many hear may have heard this but on Tucker last night he said Sri Lanka had achieved an ESG score of 98 (very high, nearly double the ESG score the US has) which means that their Government was operating via extreme "woke ideologies" (hence the fertilizer ban mentioned above). I feel Wokeness, ESG scores and the Green new deals of the world are only here to collapse governments and help align end times prophecy.

TimeWarpWife

I agree 100% with you, GHoe. I also watched Tucker last night when he was talking about Sri Lanka's ESG score. The global elites don't care about so-called "climate change," it's only the excuse they're using to convince the majority of sheeple in this world to not fight them, but willingly let them take charge of everything. Sadly, the sheeple are so blind they see the global elites as bringing about some kind of Kumbaya Utopian society where everyone is equal, loves everyone else, and life will be all roses and sunshine as they're driving down the road in their green electric cars. :doh What they're going to get instead of a dream come true is a Communist~Fascist dictatorship that is a nightmare because if you don't do exactly what you're told to do, you're going to end up in some kind of labor camp (gulag) or they'll simply murder you~ after all, that's what all the other Communist~Fascist dictatorships have done. As Christians, we know that the global elites and sheeple are ultlimately going to face God's wrath during the Tribulation, which is going to be worse than anything the global elites could come up with.

ChildofLight

Even though he was a religious and ethnic minority in Ukraine, my great=grandfather was still a "kulak". He actually inherited his property by marrying my great-grandmother as it was her father's estate. Even ethical, generous landowners became targets but soon it was anyone who owned any property at all. You have one cow!? You are unfairly having something someone else does not! And the wealth was not shared. Crops were burned and livestock were killed and destroyed so no one could at least eat it.
Probably be like that in America with all the illegals flooding the country. The you will own nothing because owning anything implies your richer than the other person. Elitist always excluded though.

GHoe

Sadly, the sheeple are so blind they see the global elites as bringing about some kind of Kumbaya Utopian society where everyone is equal, loves everyone else, and life will be all roses and sunshine as they're driving down the road in their green electric cars.
They are truly blind. I believe the Holy Spirit allows us to have wisdom and discernment to bring light to the dark and see truth amongst lies. The "sheeple" deny the power of God and in their hatred for Him, instead uphold their superior "goodness" and higher consciousness because they celebrate themselves (creation) instead of God (the creator).

We are truly blessed to have the Holy Spirit in us.

MapleLeaf

I have seen quite a few "the farmers aren't paying their fair share" or "they are not using their land properly or efficiently" comments from city yuppies all over the west, defending these land grabs that are happening all over. I mean, many of these commentators have to be bot accounts to promote a narrative. I can't believe people honestly think the government taking over everything to run it themselves will turn out well.