Sports In Heaven

Goodboy

On my way up!
OK, so I have started this thread in "Anything Goes", so I know the topic is not relevant, but I am just curious as to what others think.

I was thinking that when I get to Heaven with my new glorified body, I will be able to play basketball like Michael Jordan. So maybe that won't be the case, but the thought came to me if that is true, it will probably be true for everyone. Well the main part of sports is competition, but if everyone's skill set is the same there will be no competition. Another point is if I can shoot and never miss, won't that take the fun out of making a shot?

I know, I know, weird thoughts. I also know, I most likely will not want to play basketball when I get to Heaven as there will be so many better wonderful things to do. I am just curious as to what others think about whether there will be sports in Heaven.

Andy C

Reborn to fly
For many people, competing or simply participating in sports are important parts of their life, so yes, I think much of what we enjoy here will also be there.

Maybe you should set your goals higher and have the talent of Magic Johnson.

Goodboy

On my way up!
For many people, competing or simply participating in sports are important parts of their life, so yes, I think much of what we enjoy here will also be there.

Maybe you should set your goals higher and have the talent of Magic Johnson.
What's that you say! You're lucky that I won't actually meet you in person until we get to heaven or I would give you a good smack! :hulk

Last edited:

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!
I think it will be so mind blowing to be in the heavenly realm that many things of this world will seem pointless or dull, but maybe there will be games or some type of sporting activity , imho we will all find out very soon.

chaser

Come on you guys, Magic was good and Jordan man I liked watching him float through the air like he was defying gravity at times, but my guy is Pistol Pete Maravich, just finished watching some highlight clips of his, man that guy was fascinating on the court to me, and a Christian to boot! No attempt to highjack the thread or try to one up my brothers, just having fun with old memories.

Goodboy

On my way up!
Come on you guys, Magic was good and Jordan man I liked watching him float through the air like he was defying gravity at times, but my guy is Pistol Pete Maravich, just finished watching some highlight clips of his, man that guy was fascinating on the court to me, and a Christian to boot! No attempt to highjack the thread or try to one up my brothers, just having fun with old memories.
I did not know that Pistol Pete was a Christian. That fact puts him higher up on my list, of course still behind Jordan though! LOL! :)

chaser

I did not know that Pistol Pete was a Christian. That fact puts him higher up on my list, of course still behind Jordan though! LOL! :)
:lol
Pete became a Christian around 82 to 1986, around the same time as me, and then a couple years later he was gone. There are some very good youtube clips of him playing and giving his testimony.

JamesSuth

I can't see any reason for their not to be sport in heaven :). I think the idea of us all being equal is not from God, there will likely still be different abilities, and people may still perform better or worse on particular days, none of that, or even the concept of competition (friendly!) is sinful or the result of sin. We will likely have varying skill sets.

I know, I know, weird thoughts. I also know, I most likely will not want to play basketball when I get to Heaven as there will be so many better wonderful things to do. I am just curious as to what others think about whether there will be sports in Heaven.
Yes, I think Heaven will be absolutely amazing, and we will likely loose some of the desires we had on earth because we moved beyond them. Like growing up from a child to an adult in this world, But I think we will also gain something we are not good at in this life, and that is contentment and an enjoyment of simple pleasures as well. We might be in the most amazing ceremony praising our King and Lord at one time, and shortly after playing basketball or going on a hike to see a lake, or some other random thing.

Kerbluey

There’s a story I’ve heard of a man who was close to dying. Jesus came to him and asked him how he’d like to paint a sunset that evening. I don’t know if it’s true, but I’m always complimenting people on their sunset painting skills. “Well done! ILOVE how you so subtly blended the blue with that luscious shade of salmon.“ Yep, I hope there’s art in heaven.