Spelling

Andy C

Does anyone else have to change a word when they write because even spell check is at a lost to help them. I hate that. Spelling has always been bad but since I got over 60, it is even worse.
Grrrrrrr
Betty
Yes. Usually, Im close to the correct spelling, but sometimes I can tell spellchecker wishes someone else was typing.:D Also, when my fingers are moving fast, and Im a full paragraph in, I will pause and see all my highlighted areas for corrections, and realize Im missing words, and occasionally I have no idea what word I meant to use. :dilbert

Simon

Pour ewe, you're tie pin lukes grate tomb E.

Eye yam may grates pell Urdu. Ice pellet write butt sum thymes my Grandma causest rubble. Sew eye wood knot bee en knee ewes too yew.

This right inn has bin parsed bye mice belch heck uh!

Simon

Good grief! I could only figure out some of that. You kind of sound like someone I know on fb who shall not be named. lol
Owed ear! Owed ear! How oar full. Aye yam sew ash aimed.

Trans lay shun:
Poor you, your typing looks great to me.

I am a great speller too. I spell it right but sometimes my grammar causes trouble. So I would not be any use to you.

This wrting has been passed by my spell checker!

Lily

Looking Up
My age must be showing. I keep a hard copy dictionary next to me.

Sometimes a misspelled word gets by, and I have a hard time letting it go, especially if the post has been there for awhile.

I'm not sure where this strive for correctness comes from, probably because I was in journalism for three years in high school, misspelled words was frowned upon in the school newspaper or yearbook. :nod

Another trick I have, is to go to my search engine (Bing) and spell something nearly right, most of the time the correct spelling appears along with the definition. I almost never rely on spell check.

Last edited:

athenasius

Does anyone else have to change a word when they write because even spell check is at a lost to help them. I hate that. Spelling has always been bad but since I got over 60, it is even worse.
Grrrrrrr
Betty

Betty, if I paused to worry about whether my sentences are constructed properly I'd never write anything. You go girl. I don't give a flying fig if it's spelt right or not. And my spell checker doesn't always understand English English which as a Canuck, I use in favour of Americans who favor the word favor, while I savour the flavour of flavour!!!! :p

Basically I like what you got to say girl!!!! And I want to hear it the way it comes out of your mouth and off your keyboard, still hot and sizzling! like fresh yummy strips of bacon.......mmmmmmbacon........ um as I said before I got distracted by bacon fantasies, I like what you say, and if anything got in the way of you saying it, and hitting the reply key, I'd say go for the gusto hon, hit that reply key and let the grammarians and the spelling mavens have their moment of joy. And let the rest of us in on your thoughts.

They are good!

LOVE and a BIG fat squishy hug!
Margery

SonSeeker

Warning:threadjack
Won't get into spelling, or the correct usage of to, too, or two. Or any of that stuff.

In our monthly Saturday morning men's breakfast we take turns doing the cooking.
One Saturday this guy took sweet rolls and wrapped them in uncooked bacon and tossed them in the oven!
Let's just say his heart was in the right place, but his culinary skills need a little work.
Surprisingly, they weren't too bad, read 'almost edible'.
If he had maybe half-cooked the bacon first, he might have had a winner, but as it is,,,,,well, let's just say that was a couple of years ago and no one has forgotten about it.:lol