Speaking of Unplanned

Discussion in 'Christian Chat' started by NCannie, Apr 14, 2019.

1. NCannie

NCannie Well-Known Member

I was going to post something about Unplanned and saw someone else had already done that. However, I did not want to hyjack their thread so I’m starting a new one. I have seen the movie twice now and enjoyed it even more the second time! My daughter (19) asked me to see it both times with her. I have a history of a crisis pregnancy which I followed through with and placed my daughter for adoption. I have worked at a ministry in crisis pregnancy for 10 years off and on. So here’s my question....about 6 months ago I mentioned that I enjoyed Bethel music on a thread here. I am very well aware of the fact that they are a cult and recently listened to a pod cast that convinced me of that even more so. During that discussion I made the comment , “ maybe you shouldn’t throw the baby out with the bath water. “ What I meant was some of the music appears to line up with biblical thinking. “ So I listen to it. Several posters ripped me to shreds, one in particular. Well, Bethel music is played throughout the movie. The scene of the pastor reading scripture in the movie is Kris Vallottan from Bethel. So do we not see the movie because they were involved?

caligal, JSTyler, SonSeeker and 3 others like this.
  2. pixelpusher

pixelpusher Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen it because I don’t want to cry that hard. In public. But I hope a lot of others who *need* to see it, do.

caligal, JSTyler, SonSeeker and 5 others like this.
  3. NCannie

My daughter encouraged her Pro-choice English teacher to see it. She did and said it really hit her hard and changed some of her feelings!!

4. pixelpusher

pixelpusher Well-Known Member

Good! Praise God! Soon the baby murderers will be done. All those victims of abortion are comforted in Heaven now, I believe.

5. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

NCannie, I saw Unplanned and most certainly will watch it again. My view of the movie is that it is well done. I'm not personally familiar with bethel music or with the bethel pastor in question. I'm fairly sure I wouldn't be comfortable with this pastor if I were familiar with him but that doesn't keep me from seeing that this movie is a good thing that is well done. I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. I hope and pray that the truth projected through this movie will both bring people to Christ and save many babies who might have otherwise been murdered with their mother's approval.

caligal, JSTyler, SonSeeker and 7 others like this.
  6. Cindy S.

Cindy S. Well-Known Member

God can and will use anyone to read his scripture. It's not the messenger, it's the message!

7. Tall Timbers

‘Unplanned’ Sparks Thousands to Candlelight Vigils Outside Planned Parenthood Clinics

“This past weekend’s National Pro-Life Candlelight Vigil was an outstanding success,” said Eric Scheidler, Pro-Life Action League executive director, in an email statement to Breitbart News. “In all, 166 vigils were organized at Planned Parenthood facilities in 40 states in six time zones.”

Scheidler, whose group was one of three pro-life organizations directing the event, estimated total turnout to be over 10,000 participants in the vigils, including many first-time activists.

“Many said that they were motivated by seeing the movie Unplanned, which tells the story of Abby Johnson, a Planned Parenthood manager turned pro-life activist,” he added.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ht-vigils-outside-planned-parenthood-clinics/

JSTyler, caligal, NCannie and 4 others like this.
  8. Tall Timbers

I just returned from watching it a 2nd time and also enjoyed it even more the 2nd time around. This time I watched it with my oldest daughter. She thought highly of it too.

caligal, JSTyler, NCannie and 3 others like this.
  9. Cindy S.

Cindy S. Well-Known Member

I went to PP 38 years ago for a "free" pregnancy test. When the results were positive I remember exactly them asking me how did I feel about it?
    I told them it doesn't matter now.

10. JSTyler

JSTyler Well-Known Member

I have some Bethel music too. I won't purchase any more now that I know more about them. I can't find anything wrong in the few songs I have and will continue to enjoy them.

Does Bethel preach Jesus Christ? Do they get the tri-unity of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit right? Repentance and salvation? Do they hold that the Bible, the whole Bible and nothing but the Bible are the inerrant Word of God and our only authority for truth? I'm asking because I don't know and have little time and energy to research.

I've been spending a fair amount of time with Assembly of God folks. My impressions is that all of the different churches are pretty radically dissimilar one from another. The couple I've had the most exposure to are surprisingly close in doctrine and worldview to the same Pre-Trib, Pre- Mill, Dispensational, conservative stances my wife and I hold. I was blown away and was taken aback and had to reconsider my preconceived judgements and notions.

Tall Timbers likes this.
  11. NCannie

I’m sure they have been mentioned here if you look them up on older threads. I am in the middle of listening to a podcast on Apologiastudios.com. They interview a girl who recently left Bethel school of Supernatural Ministry. Yes, even the title of the school speaks volumes. I have not listened to it all as of yet but when I left off they were talking about how when Jesus was crucified at one point he was just a man?? They also believe in grave sucking; I think they have been found to lay on CS Lewis’s grave. Some fairly weird stuff; sad part is I enjoy a lot of their music. So, the question remains, if the music is biblically sound do you still listen to it. If not; then would it be the same thing to not see the movie? All very confusing. I wish Chris or Matt would weigh in on this.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019 at 4:16 PM