Spam on my Android phone

heisable2

I have a Gmail account on my laptop and my Android. It has the same email address.

I haven't been getting any spam on my laptop email. However on my phone I've been getting a lot like 100 emails. I must have identified them somewhere that they were spam because now they're in my spam folder.

My question is if I delete my Gmail account on my Android will the Gmail account on my laptop still be working?

Figured if I could get the Gmail off my Android that I could reinstall it and I wouldn't have any spam.

It's a real conundrum for me and I look online and I get very frustrated with all of the different ways to get rid of spam. I just don't want to get spam on my Android phone because my laptop doesn't get the Spam. Any ideas?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
If it is the same account, it should get the same e-mails. Are they different e-mail addresses? If so you have two accounts and you could put either on whatever devices you want to.

GEOINTAnalyst

That is because your Android email is getting routed through Google Drive and the spam is on Google Drive - so the spam is coming from there - you regular Gmail account through your computer does not hence you do not see it there.
In the Google Drive mobile APP there is a Notification Settings which you may use to protect yourself from receiving further SPAM:
Tap Settings (3 horizontal bars)
Select Settings
Tap Notifications
Select Toggle Off All Notifications