SpaceX gets US approval to deploy up to 7,500 satellites

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
SpaceX gets US approval to deploy up to 7,500 satellites
SpaceX has sought approval to operate a network of 29,988 satellites, to be known as its “second-generation” or Gen2 Starlink constellation to beam internet to areas with little or no access.
By REUTERS
Published: DECEMBER 2, 2022

The US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) said on Thursday it approved SpaceX's bid to deploy up to 7,500 satellites, but put on hold some other decisions. SpaceX's Starlink, a fast-growing network of more than 3,500 satellites in low-Earth orbit, has tens of thousands of users in the United States so far, with consumers paying at least $599 for a user terminal and $110 a month for service. The FCC in 2018 approved SpaceX plans to deploy up to 4,425 first-generation satellites. SpaceX has sought approval to operate a network of 29,988 satellites, to be known as its “second-generation” or Gen2 Starlink constellation to beam internet to areas with little or no internet access.

more............... https://www.jpost.com/science/article-723910

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
If the earth terminal can fit into a phone then a satellite system for communications probably has a better chance of providing uninterrupted service during the Tribulation years, especially if there is built in redundancy. If separate dishes on earth are required they'll be a bit vulnerable.

Aiyanna

It'll be interesting to see how the great tribulation will impact the satellites. Revelation mentions stars falling. Aside from the obvious asteroids, there will probably be some satellites in there too.... And maybe the space station.
Listen to me hypothesizing on death and destruction. (I guess we do that here)

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
It'll be interesting to see how the great tribulation will impact the satellites. Revelation mentions stars falling. Aside from the obvious asteroids, there will probably be some satellites in there too.... And maybe the space station.
Listen to me hypothesizing on death and destruction. (I guess we do that here)

Yeah surely some satellites and other stuff will get knocked out. Given all the judgments I doubt that any system will be trouble free.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The net is getting a LOT more three-dimensional, comprehensive, tightly woven, and redundant, so truly a snare from which people can't escape.

B'zillions of satellites, b'zillions of miles of cable and optical cable, b'zillions of cell towers, b'zillions of hot points, geo-location software and 5G, unique/positive IDs, b'zillions of data storage farms and companies harvesting information, the "underground" (aka dark) web, etc., etc., etc.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
The net is getting a LOT more three-dimensional, comprehensive, tightly woven, and redundant, so truly a snare from which people can't escape.

B'zillions of satellites, b'zillions of miles of cable and optical cable, b'zillions of cell towers, b'zillions of hot points, geo-location software and 5G, unique/positive IDs, b'zillions of data storage farms and companies harvesting information, the "underground" (aka dark) web, etc., etc., etc.
So I fully understand, could you post the numerical equation for b'zillions ?
:)

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Last edited:
Back