Sometimes feeling discouraged and weary.

pixelpusher

FYI, my "Rapture fatigue" doesn't come from this site. In fact, many times when I'm feeling fatigued I come here to get my spirits lifted. My fatigue comes from what's going on in the world
That's not rapture fatigue but world fatigue which I reckon we all have a touch of.

I think sometimes we think the timing depends on how dark we perceive it to be getting in the world, but I don't think that's how God looks at it. The rapture will bring relief of our earthly problems, but that's not the main purpose of it as far as I can tell. God's patient, could be wrong, but I reckon He will wait until the very last second. What will be heaven for the Church, is going to be a catastrophe for the world, and any of our families who are not on board yet.

Think it's important to have that sense of imminency but not to let "feelings", speculations and whatnot take hold. Instead count the facts. God's kept all His promises to Israel, He'll keep them to the Church also. So take note of the stage setting ongoing, and trust that when the time is right, it'll happen. Don't count on it to be "soon" by our view of time or troubles, just know it could be any day.

Look how long Abraham had to wait for Issac to come along... but at the right time, there he was, as promised. And so on...

It is awful watching what is going on in the world, in this country, where we've fallen from, but, we are here in this most exciting time. We've got a job to do. We're already seated in the heavenlies with Him, it's as good as done already. He's given us His Spirit to be with us here in the meantime.

We are literally watching the world stage shape up for the Tribulation before our eyes! Be encouraged. God's not early or late.

I still wouldn't buy any green 'nanners tho... ;)

penbrat

Obviously from these posts most have felt this one way or another. I know for me the best thing I can do is take a break from all distractions and focus on Him through His Word and listening to praise music. I also start praying for others and asking God for the courage and conviction to witness to those who are lost. It gets my mind off of myself and back on Him.

Kelpe

RobinMc

I also suffer from "Rapture fatigue," in fact, I'm having a bout of it right now. I read God's word, pray to Him, try as much as possible to obey His word, and repent when I don't, but I gotta say I'm just plain tired. I want to go home to heaven so much, this world holds absolutely nothing for me. Personally, I don't understand believers who hope that the Rapture isn't going to happen soon ~ not because of unsaved loved ones, but because of plans they have to do things like buy a house or this, that, and the other. Every time I hear someone talk about or read something to the effect of "how soon will the Rapture happen," my first thought is always that if it's not happening in the next second, it's not happening soon enough for me.
It always surprises me when people say- I want to have children (or grand-children). For me personally, if I were in the childbearing years in this day, I don't believe I would want to bring a child into it. I would truly fear for the child.

Hidden

I've never felt rapture fatigue, it's more like being weary of all the awful things that have been happening in the world in recent years. If anything, I get more and more excited each year, knowing that we are in the window of the rapture which I believe is the pistol will be fired to start the race.

The last 500 years since the Renaissance was setting the stage for end-time humanism, which is key to the rise of Babylon. The last 150 years when Jews started pouring into the Promised Land and the rise of the Zionist movement was setting the stage for the end-time revival of Israel. In the last 100 years or so we've seen the end-time world order starting to form. And in the last 50 years, we've seen the Judeo-Christian morality being replaced by godlessness and the normalizing of all sorts of perverse behavior. And in the last 5 years or so, especially in the last 2 years, we have witnessed the unmasking of the New World Order, and that it is so pervasive and deeply ingrained in society that anyone who challenges it are bound to be ridiculed, ruined, cancelled.

I believe the stage has been set, the players are in place, and the rapture is the curtain that goes up to start the show.

Hidden

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/us/rapture-anxiety-evangelical-exvangelical-christianity-cec/

Interesting article about rapture anxiety by CNN no less. They try to make people with beliefs look like freako's.
I hope we aren't here much longer.
I don't see how it can continue with everything going on like it is a whole lot longer.
Every day, I say I'm one day closer to getting to see my husband again and Jesus and I pray daily for Him to come quickly.

I was upset when I saw that article yesterday. But it's things like this that will be a witness to the left behind crowd that our Blessed Hope is real. When the rapture finally happens, it will be rude awakening for many trib saints because they will realize the rapture is true all along. What CNN meant for evil, God can use to plant seeds for the post-rapture harvest.

soundingthealarm

“At an hour you think not”

John the Baptist lept in his mother's womb, He baptized Jesus in the Wilderness, HEARD a sound from heaven, heard God's voice saying "this is my beloved Son in whom I'm well pleased." YET once arrested John sent word asking of Jesus "are you the one or should I look for another?"

As things are becoming more n more volatile, violent and chaotic, it is easy for my flesh to begin to "think not" but so thankful that we have God's Word to anchor to and trust All His Promises are yes and amen!

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

God is not a man that He should lie and all those prayers we are praying and our hearts aligning with the Holy Spirit crying "Jesus come quickly" are God initiated ..working in us and through us and He will answer those cries with the Blessed Hope!!! \O/ LOOKING UP!!!!!

usoutpost31

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/us/rapture-anxiety-evangelical-exvangelical-christianity-cec/

Interesting article about rapture anxiety by CNN no less. They try to make people with beliefs look like freako's.
That's not how I read it. Felt more like they were giving a voice to a group to people that the Church should be ministering to.

When Paul wrote his letters about the Rapture he was trying to comfort those who were mourning their deceased relatives, that they would not see them again. Paul corrected this belief, and said it was something to look forward to. Not only will we see Christ, we will be reunited with all the saints. The Resurrection is something we will all take part in.

When people teach their "first fruits" or partial Rapture theology...what you read in that CNN article is what you get. Other believers, even pastors and leaders, telling other Christians, even children, they could be left behind. A lot of people are left with anxiety, insecurity about their faith, even resentment towards how they were brought up and ultimately leaving the church or their faith altogether.

I do identify with those people because I have shared life experiences with them, some of which I have posted on this forum before. There's just two main differences between me and them. I don't resent anyone for teaching about the Rapture; I just think they didn't foresee some of the consequences of what they were saying, how others might receive it. And I still believe in the Rapture, I just believe we need to stay true to how it is presented in the Bible. We add too many of our own ideas, we could find ourselves going down the wrong track. We could teach the Rapture as evidence of God's great love for his children. As opposed to something terrible, something fearsome, as it is sometimes portrayed in Christian fiction, media. Where Christians have vanished, but there is no evidence they've entered into the joy of their Lord. Rarely any discussion about where they are, what they might be doing in Heaven.
Just people mourning their absence, and living in fear of what's coming next.

And maybe that's the reason people haven't recognized the comfort and Hope that the Rapture is supposed to be.

SarahRose

That's not how I read it. Felt more like they were giving a voice to a group to people that the Church should be ministering to.
Maybe the author wrote it to make Christians look bad, but God can use it to reach those who have been hurt by people who’ve taught about the rapture incorrectly.

I’m sorry you’ve been through that, and I’m glad you were able to come out of it still believing.

StormsMom

I also sometimes feel confused as it is said that Christ will come to take his faithful home "as a thief in the night" while times are relatively normal. what with people "eating and drinking and marrying..." It doesn't feel like life has been what we in the West would consider "normal" since 2020 and things only seem poised to escalate further, not settle down.
Jesus was talking about the days of Noah where people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage. Those people were the evil ones, the whole world was evil then except Noah and his family (Matthew 24:38). Who are the evil ones today? The global elite. Their lives are normal. I believe they are the "they" of today. In their arrogance they believe that their actions (the planned destruction of our society as we know it) will lead to "peace and safety" (1 Thessalonians 5:3) but sudden destruction will come upon them. I believe that this destruction will be the Rapture.

Hallelujah

I believe it really important for all of us to remember a couple of things. First, The rapture will occur when God decides that it is time for non-believers and those who reject Christ to be punished. God is working in miraculous ways right now. Recently, we had a pastor visit our church from India. In India, you can be sentenced to over 10 years in prison for baptizing people. This particular paster currently had hundreds of churches under construction and has hundreds more that his foundation has already built. People are literally flocking to these churches.

He shared the following story of his ministry...

The pastor and a group of armed gun men brought supplies through the jungle to a village that was essentially cut off from all civilization. There they gave them water, food, and preached the gospel. There was an older woman that was sitting outside of one of the tents that the village said "was deaf." So this man of God started preaching the gospel to her. The villagers insisted that she could not hear. So he started shouting! And continued to witness to this woman for some time. After about 20 minutes, tears started rolling down her face and she said..."I believe in this Jesus." She was 119 years old. After their work was done they proceeded out of the jungle. They thought, lets go back and deliver blankets, but it was getting dark soon. So, they decided to go the next morning. When they arrived at the village the next morning, the woman was nowhere to be found. They asked about her whereabouts, but the villagers informed the men that she died in her sleep last night.

Secondly, prayer always works. God always hears. Sometimes he doesn't give us what we ask for right away. It may be, a week later, maybe 10 years later. If you are praying for something and asking for something that is not his will. It will not happen.

The Bible tells us in Matthew chapter 7:7 These are the words of Jesus in red - "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened."

Do we not believe what Jesus says in the Bible? Seems difficult to comprehend. Ask and it will be given...The truth is, if you have removed sin from your life, you come to God in prayer, worship, and through reading the Bible. Diligently seeking God. You will find him. We know that he will give peace and joy beyond all understanding. With this in mind, you may find it difficult to ask for anything. Whatever you ask for, what's most important is that his will be done. I believe that this will be the most important thing in your life as you grow closer to him.

I do believe that we are very close to the rapture. There are signs all around us. The rapture is the next major event that is to happen before the tribulation. God delivered his people from punishment before it happed in generations past. Why would he change his ways now? Remember Noah, Moses, and Sodom and Gomorrah.

1 Thessalonians 5:6-8

Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.

Last edited:

RobinMc

I also sometimes feel confused as it is said that Christ will come to take his faithful home "as a thief in the night" while times are relatively normal. what with people "eating and drinking and marrying..." It doesn't feel like life has been what we in the West would consider "normal" since 2020 and things only seem poised to escalate further, not settle down.
I understand how you feel. I see the world going crazy all around me, but here in my small town SC, I live a relatively normal life. We are eating, drinking, having weddings, building and planting, to the same degree as always. In fact, the building is surpassing anything I've ever seen in my 61 years. We go out for breakfast everyday and wait in line for a table. We go on vacations to the mountains and beach. Both are close to me, I do feel a little weird about going far from home. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, life in my house is normal. I guess Noah and Lot and their families were living some degree of normal in spite of the people around them. I think about this a lot, because Jesus gives that list in Matthew that I can see happening at the moment, just not in my neighborhood yet, and the bible also says, the days of Noah and Lot.
I keep thinking we're going to hear that trumpet and shout soon, I pray for it. I try to share that with others, but it's a hard thing to do. I had dinner with 3 of my former co-workers, (we're all retired now). One catholic, one methodist, one baptist. The first two wanted to argue that the rapture and end times prophesy were either not true or was just something the Baptists made up to exclude them. The Baptist didn't want to talk about it. I'm a Baptist, but most of all, I'm a child of God. I tried to explain to them that the only requirement was to have a relationship with Jesus. These denominations don't mean anything. I left that dinner exhausted.

lismore

Does anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it. Prayer often doesn't work. Thanks!
Hello Mlmiller. For me, I remember anytime I've been out on a long hike, in the Highlands of Scotland for example, especially in unfamiliar Glens. The last mile always seems the longest, the weariest. But it's also the mile when you're nearest to your destination. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay (Hab 2:3). It's certainly coming. God Bless :)

seated with Christ

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
In the last days the powers of darkness is going to turn up the pressure, Satan has so much to lose if he can’t make us defeated (not actually, but in the flesh) and get us out of God’s word. That is where our Brothers and Sisters in the Lord is so important to us and we to them, that is in way of encouragement and prayer for one another. I hope that your Brothers and Sisters here has held your hands up as Moses hands were held up for only then the army of Israel was victorious, you too will be victorious together with us and we shall be crowned with the crown of life.

John 14:19-21 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

The Savior will manifest hisself in all his glory in, we feel will be, yet a little while. Compared to eternity what is that waiting period.

daygo

Hello Mlmiller. For me, I remember anytime I've been out on a long hike, in the Highlands of Scotland for example, especially in unfamiliar Glens. The last mile always seems the longest, the weariest. But it's also the mile when you're nearest to your destination. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay (Hab 2:3). It's certainly coming. God Bless:)
Nice one.

Reason & Hope

Hello Mlmiller. For me, I remember anytime I've been out on a long hike, in the Highlands of Scotland for example, especially in unfamiliar Glens. The last mile always seems the longest, the weariest. But it's also the mile when you're nearest to your destination. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay (Hab 2:3). It's certainly coming. God Bless:)
I like your post because the thought of hiking in the Highlands of Scotland sounds wonderful. I don't know if I'll get to Scotland this side of the Rapture, but perhaps in the Millennium.

Bethlehem57

I hope we aren't here much longer.
I don't see how it can continue with everything going on like it is a whole lot longer.
Every day, I say I'm one day closer to getting to see my husband again and Jesus and I pray daily for Him to come quickly.
Yes they do! My own family thinks I am crazy because of my Pre-Mill viewpoint.

With lots that going on and from what the Bible tells us, I don’t believe that things will help deteriorating much longer until the Church is removed, and the Restrainer. I pray daily as well, that it be today, but also that all who are going with us be saved quickly!

Back