Something people don't like to talk about.. Mice

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by Cindy S., Nov 1, 2018.

1. Cindy S.

Cindy S. Well-Known Member

We live in an old house with a stone basement.
    Getting a high number of mice coming in for the winter...4 this week.
    I have a feeling it's going to be a tough winter.
    Anyone else dealing with this?

mattfivefour likes this.
  2. Kem

Kem Citizen

No, not since we moved here but we had some in Hamburg when I used to feed the birds. The seed on the ground in the yard attracted them. When I stopped feeding the birds, the mice were gone. I do know they HATE strong peppermint oil and used liberally where they come in will help repel them.

mattfivefour likes this.
  3. Cindy S.

I think it might have something to do with the abandoned house behind us being torn down.
    I have a clean house honest I do. Haha

Kem and mattfivefour like this.
  4. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

We once lived on the edge of the Canadian prairie. Lots of mice everywhere. Got ourselves a good mouser cat. No more mice in the house. Our neighbor had a similar problem. She "borrowed" our cat. Problem gone. My son had a large problem in his farm workshop east of Dallas. He adopted some cats. Problem under control. You might consider that solution, Cindy. It works. And it's safe on your health and the environment ... unless you're allergic to them.

Patiently..., Kem and Cindy S. like this.
  5. Cindy S.

My husband hates cats.

6. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

So did our next door neighbor! Gloria could not stand them. She hated ours in particular. Complained about it constantly. Until her mouse infestation. After our cat took care of that for her and Bill, our cat became HER favorite visitor! She almost adopted it!!! :lol

Salluz, Patiently... and Kem like this.