Something behind our main webpage screen ?

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!
I just noticed this morning when I clicked my favorites link for RF , that for a millisecond I saw a gray colored page with some kind of writing or code? It is not viewable for more than a blink because the main RF page is on top of it, that is the only way I can explain it. Every time I come to RF this happens, is it something to worry about, is it my computer, it only happens on RF main page.

I notice it just happened now backing out from RF forums threads to the Main page, this all started this morning.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
We have a new web server (software on the server not hosting provider) and there is an issue I am trying to work out on the main site that deals with FOUC. FOUC is short for "Flash of Unstyled Content" which is what you are seeing. It has to do with the loading of the CSS on the site. There's a setting I am wanting to use that helps the site load faster and they said they are having an issue with one of their CCSS generation nodes.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I have a trouble ticket in with them and I am waiting to get that fixed. I could turn the setting off, but then they won't be able to see it occurring on the site. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Andy C

We have a new web server (software on the server not hosting provider) and there is an issue I am trying to work out on the main site that deals with FOUC. FOUC is short for "Flash of Unstyled Content" which is what you are seeing. It has to do with the loading of the CSS on the site. There's a setting I am wanting to use that helps the site load faster and they said they are having an issue with one of their CCSS generation nodes.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I have a trouble ticket in with them and I am waiting to get that fixed. I could turn the setting off, but then they won't be able to see it occurring on the site. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Can I refer to someone as “FOUC” in response to a post I dont agree with..... :biggrin2

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
No problemo, I just reported it because I thought it could be important.

Well, I'm glad you asked because I can't see everything and rely on people reporting issues. I have just turned off the setting I was talking about as I have not heard back again form them today. Maybe I will hear something tomorrow. The flash should be gone for the time being. It returns it is likely because we are trying to test it, etc.

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
I just noticed this morning when I clicked my favorites link for RF , that for a millisecond I saw a gray colored page with some kind of writing or code? It is not viewable for more than a blink because the main RF page is on top of it, that is the only way I can explain it. Every time I come to RF this happens, is it something to worry about, is it my computer, it only happens on RF main page.

I notice it just happened now backing out from RF forums threads to the Main page, this all started this morning.
It happened to me once the other day. I don’t remember exactly which day it was.