Someplace Like America...

Obie

Read the comments section to the article. I liked them. I do have a question to all of you. Does anyone, besides me, miss living in America?

We read the bible at school. We pledged our alligence to the U.S. flag. We asked God's blessings on our meals. We dressed appropriately for all occasions. We honored our parents and our teachers. We respected our leaders. We didn't always have all we wanted, but we wanted what we had and were thankful. I miss all of that but I know it'll never return.

SteveJM

Read the comments section to the article. I liked them. I do have a question to all of you. Does anyone, besides me, miss living in America?

We read the bible at school. We pledged our alligence to the U.S. flag. We aked God's blessings on our meals. We dressed appropriately for all occasions. We honored our parents and our teachers. We respected our leaders. We didn't always have all we wanted, but we wanted what we had and were thankful. I miss all of that but I know it'll never return.

Better days are ahead, far better days. Even during the best of times there has been turmoil and heartache, and we've had a lot of bad times in the past. I'm reminded of our American history where we've had many wars and conflicts, injustice and stresses. I'm thankful that I wasn't a Native American at the start of this country, didn't have to go through the period of slavery, the Civil War, the Great Depression, the World Wars, or fight in Vietnam. There have been windows of peace, and I do agree that we've had better days in the past. We have now become much like Sodom and Gomorrah, and Babylon. One day, and I believe it will be soon, we'll know for the first time what God has intended for us, and it will be great!

Meg

We read the bible at school. We pledged our alligence to the U.S. flag. We asked God's blessings on our meals. We dressed appropriately for all occasions. We honored our parents and our teachers. We respected our leaders. We didn't always have all we wanted, but we wanted what we had and were thankful. I miss all of that but I know it'll never return.

I do. Kids used to play in the streets. We used to be able to (mostly) respect our government. Marriage was between a man and a woman and most kids had 2 parents. TV was innocent. :doh: Yea, I miss those days terribly... And I do my best to uphold those old fashioned standards, rejoicing in Jesus Christ who said we should do exactly that sort of thing!!

nillapoet

I'm only 28 and I miss when we had all that.

Praying for Jesus to come take us soon.

SteveJM

My wife was home sick today, so we spent a couple hours back in time. We watched an old Gomer Pyle episode, a couple of Leave it to Beaver shows, and one of Dennis the Menace. We enjoyed them all, but the show that really was refreshing was Leave it to Beaver. The parents were portrayed as moral and wise, the kids looked up to their parents, the brothers loved their parents and looked out for each other. Times have certainly changed in "entertainment," as they have in many families, and other areas.

Times were much better when I was young and I have a lot of fond memories. Times were much simpler back then, and when we were bored, we played or made up games, went out side to play or just joked around. On the other hand, when I was a kid I also remember when JFK was killed, sitting frightened in the hallway of my home with my mother, as my father and older brothers had their rifles locked and loaded during the Detroit riots, which was very close to home. I remember when my oldest brother joined the army and was stationed in South Vietnam. There are parts of the past that I miss, but not all of it. I feel for the parents who are bringing up children today. The parents that were from my parents generation had their challenges with the sexual revolution, hippie movement, drugs, etc. My generation had new challenges, but it's much harder now. Now there is an acceptance as normal of many things that not too long ago were seen by most as wrong. TV, music, and Hollywood have become an absolute cesspool, schools that are for the most part in opposition to the parents role and to Christian values, are indoctrinating our children with relativism, evolution, and more.

I will finish by saying that even though I do miss some of the past, and I'm not happy about the state of our world today, I still enjoy my life, and I'm still thankful to live in America. We have to make the best of the times we live in and where we are. The past should be remembered so that we learn from it, and for the good memories, but the past is past, we have to live today, for now and for the future. There are a lot of good things about living in these last days. We can fellowship with each other, across the globe, our thoughts, prayer requests, can be instantly known, and we are seeing the stage being set for the return of Jesus Christ before our very eyes.

Meg

My wife was home sick today, so we spent a couple hours back in time. We watched an old Gomer Pyle episode, a couple of Leave it to Beaver shows, and one of Dennis the Menace. We enjoyed them all, but the show that really was refreshing was Leave it to Beaver. The parents were portrayed as moral and wise, the kids looked up to their parents, the brothers loved their parents and looked out for each other. Times have certainly changed in "entertainment," as they have in many families, and other areas.

Times were much better when I was young and I have a lot of fond memories. Times were much simpler back then, and when we were bored, we played or made up games, went out side to play or just joked around. On the other hand, when I was a kid I also remember when JFK was killed, sitting frightened in the hallway of my home with my mother, as my father and older brothers had their rifles locked and loaded during the Detroit riots, which was very close to home. I remember when my oldest brother joined the army and was stationed in South Vietnam. There are parts of the past that I miss, but not all of it. I feel for the parents who are bringing up children today. The parents that were from my parents generation had their challenges with the sexual revolution, hippie movement, drugs, etc. My generation had new challenges, but it's much harder now. Now there is an acceptance as normal of many things that not too long ago were seen by most as wrong. TV, music, and Hollywood have become an absolute cesspool, schools that are for the most part in opposition to the parents role and to Christian values, are indoctrinating our children with relativism, evolution, and more.

I will finish by saying that even though I do miss some of the past, and I'm not happy about the state of our world today, I still enjoy my life, and I'm still thankful to live in America. We have to make the best of the times we live in and where we are. The past should be remembered so that we learn from it, and for the good memories, but the past is past, we have to live today, for now and for the future. There are a lot of good things about living in these last days. We can fellowship with each other, across the globe, our thoughts, prayer requests, can be instantly known, and we are seeing the stage being set for the return of Jesus Christ before our very eyes.

Amen