Someone in my neighborhood has a shofar!!!

caligal

I was sitting on my back porch this evening wondering if I would be able to see the comet tonight when suddenly there was a very loud and long blast of a horn! I realized immediately that it was a shofar and I almost fell out of my chair thinking THIS IS IT! Then there was a pause of about a half minute and then there was four short blasts. By now I knew it wasn't the rapture and I could just imagine the grin on the face of who ever blew it.:hehheh I hope who ever it was doesn't do that too often as my poor heart couldn't stand it.:willy: It was very cool though........

araj54

Oh my!! :hug I can imagine your excitement meter pegging out. I know mine would too.:hyper:

So, did you see the comet?

caligal

Nope. I went out and looked right where they said to at just the right time, but I couldn't see it.:tsk:

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Let me give some advice: when you hear the shofar and you find yourself still on the ground, its your neighbor. :lol:

However ...

... if you hear a shofar and in that split second find yourself in the sky with Jesus ... well you know. :nod It won't be like the movies where we all go up slowly into the sky. Or even quickly. We will go instantly! One nano-second on earth, the next in glory. One in this old flesh; the next in our glorified immortal bodies! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Meg

:lol: Cool about the Shofar, even so... Adrian's right though, I don't think we'll have time to realize we heard a trumpet when the Rapture comes. Thanks for the report on the MIA comet, we had clouds on the horizon, and I couldn't help but wonder had we missed it. I think they said tomorrow would be the first night, and that the comet will get a little brighter over the next week or 2. I'm hoping to see it too.

I was sitting on my back porch this evening wondering if I would be able to see the comet tonight when suddenly there was a very loud and long blast of a horn! I realized immediately that it was a shofar and I almost fell out of my chair thinking THIS IS IT! Then there was a pause of about a half minute and then there was four short blasts. By now I knew it wasn't the rapture and I could just imagine the grin on the face of who ever blew it.:hehheh I hope who ever it was doesn't do that too often as my poor heart couldn't stand it.:willy: It was very cool though........
:hug :lol: I have a horn made from a cows horn, and it does sound like a shofar. I got it decades ago at a renaissance fair. Now you've given me ideas..........:hehheh

Noah Cotterill

1 Corinthians 15:52

It says we'll be changed in the twinkling of an eye. Maybe we'll slowly float up in our glorified bodies? :p

I'd like that. It's more dramatic.

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
Oh wow, how cool is that? But I would have a little miffed. I would have gotten happy...
then wondered why I was still here. :shocked :lol: