Some help here?... Salvation issues.

ProxDee222

Dunno if this is the right place but, I decided to ask my aunt about this topic and this is what she said:

"Salvation is when the part of our spirit is mostly good because that's where the Kingdom of God is, Jesus said the Kingdom of God was inside us.

Actions define us as sons of God (good) or the devil (evil)

The most big proof of faith is believing even if we can't see."

I then asked her about the ABC of Salvation:

A: "Yes, I acknowledge I am a sinner but I don't know if my actions are enough for me to be in the Kingdom, faith is faith if your actions are appropiate in the eyes of God and believe with your spirit on Him."

B: "I do believe Jesus died for me to pay for my sins."

C: "How is God going to take over your life? When you act as He wants you to by His word. When Jesus said take your cross He meant to take your sorrows and suffering alongside Him. When we pray we always call for the name of the Lord."

That's all I could get, she's lukewarm, though, that is my worry, what do you guys think?

Lynn

Longing for Home
Dunno if this is the right place but, I decided to ask my aunt about this topic and this is what she said:

"Salvation is when the part of our spirit is mostly good because that's where the Kingdom of God is, Jesus said the Kingdom of God was inside us.

Actions define us as sons of God or the devil

A: "Yes, I acknowledge I am a sinner but I don't know if my actions are enough for me to be in the Kingdom, faith is faith if your actions are appropiate in the eyes of God and believe with your spirit on Him."

C: "How is God going to take over your life? When you act as He wants you to by His word. When Jesus said take your cross He meant to take your sorrows and suffering alongside Him. When we pray we always call for the name of the Lord."

That's all I could get, she's lukewarm, though, that is my worry, what do you guys think?
What is her means of having eternal life?

Lynn

Longing for Home
I just asked, she said "God, who is also Jesus."
I wonder if she's done a study of the gospel of John? The answer you quote above, though it has the right name, does not have the gospel in it. She apparently has heard some truth or read the Bible, but she could benefit from having an older woman who has been a Christian awhile to come alongside her and provide some discipleship. That's good for everyone actually.

ProxDee222

I wonder if she's done a study of the gospel of John? The answer you quote above, though it has the right name, does not have the gospel in it. She apparently has heard some truth or read the Bible, but she could benefit from having an older woman who has been a Christian awhile to come alongside her and provide some discipleship. That's good for everyone actually.
That's the problem, she is deaf to any explanation anyone gives her, she just takes her own conclusions when there's clearly a verse against it. :sad
Dunno if my Church actually haves an older woman who has been a Christian...

Lynn

Longing for Home
I attend by myself, my mom is lukewarm as well and prays to Mary even though she calls herself Christian
I see. Praying to Mary means that she thinks Mary has God-like power to help her. Not a good sign. Your mom needs an older Christian woman to help her, as I said before. Family members aren't the ones who usually bring someone to Christ in faith.
www.slbc.org Dr. Andy Woods, soteriology (how to be saved). If she will listen, this is a true man of God. You go down the page, past Covid information and find sermon archives. Click on that, do a search for Soteruology, Dr. Andy Woods and you'll find it. :hug

ProxDee222

I see. Praying to Mary means that she thinks Mary has God-like power to help her. Not a good sign. Your mom needs an older Christian woman to help her, as I said before. Family members aren't the ones who usually bring someone to Christ in faith.
www.slbc.org Dr. Andy Woods, soteriology (how to be saved). If she will listen, this is a true man of God. You go down the page, past Covid information and find sermon archives. Click on that, do a search for Soteruology, Dr. Andy Woods and you'll find it. :hug
Oh wait, that's my mom, I was talking about my aunt all of this time, no, my aunt doesn't go to any church and I need a Spanish helper since she doesn't speak English at all. :sad
Thanks for the help provided, though.

RonJohnSilver

Item A is clearly wrong. No one's action are enough for salvation. Acknowledging being a sinner is a start,
but after that is nonsense.
Item B is problematic. Believing, as in factual knowledge, is not enough. There must be an acceptance as well.
People will say, I believe in God, but so do demons. It's hard to know exactly what she means.
Item C doesn't seem to mean anything particular.

Since she prays to Mary, I'm guessing that she's Roman Catholic. As such, I would treat her as an unbeliever. That is, explain to her the plan of salvation. Roman Catholics, as you probably know, are heavily into works, so explain to her that human works are of no value in terms of salvation. From her statements, it doesn't seem that she has a clear idea of any of the basic Christian, not Catholic, doctrines. So, the gospel of John. And Andy Woods Soteriology series is good also, it is lengthy. She needs to be saved, now, today. Look on this site for the section on Roman Catholicism. Many good comments and articles. If she's open, maybe just confront her directly ... "Auntie, because I love you I have to tell you that I don't think you are truly saved. The Catholic church has misled you. Let me show you how you can know today that you will go to Heaven when you die." Praying for you and her.

ProxDee222

Item A is clearly wrong. No one's action are enough for salvation. Acknowledging being a sinner is a start,
but after that is nonsense.
Item B is problematic. Believing, as in factual knowledge, is not enough. There must be an acceptance as well.
People will say, I believe in God, but so do demons. It's hard to know exactly what she means.
Item C doesn't seem to mean anything particular.

Since she prays to Mary, I'm guessing that she's Roman Catholic. As such, I would treat her as an unbeliever. That is, explain to her the plan of salvation. Roman Catholics, as you probably know, are heavily into works, so explain to her that human works are of no value in terms of salvation. From her statements, it doesn't seem that she has a clear idea of any of the basic Christian, not Catholic, doctrines. So, the gospel of John. And Andy Woods Soteriology series is good also, it is lengthy. She needs to be saved, now, today. Look on this site for the section on Roman Catholicism. Many good comments and articles. If she's open, maybe just confront her directly ... "Auntie, because I love you I have to tell you that I don't think you are truly saved. The Catholic church has misled you. Let me show you how you can know today that you will go to Heaven when you die." Praying for you and her.
Sorry, yeah, about B she accepts she is a sinner.
And when I talked about Mary I meant my mom who says so much to be Christian, not my aunt, my aunt barely prays or reads the Word, she prays only when there's an emergency but always thanks God she told me, but she refuses to hear anything about it, she puts the verses with her own understanding, I've tried a lot and she stands firmly on this "if your actions are good you belong to God" mindset. :sad

She won't want to read because she thinks she understands fully the Bible and I doubt she will hear Andy Woods' series since she doesn't understand English enough.

Last edited:

BaptistJohn

Actions define us as sons of God (good) or the devil (evil)

Let me help you point by point First of all We are all sinners Romans 3:23
23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
The fact that we are sinners there is no amount of Good that we could do to earn Heaven. We all miss the mark we all fall short of perfection. Ephessian 2:8,9
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
No one will enter Heaven and be able to brag on what they did to earn Salvation
If we could do anything to save our selves Jesus would not have had to die.
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
To your point B God doesn't take over your Life When a person becomes a child of God they receive Jesus as their personal Savior it's a choice you make it's not forced upon you.
John 1:12 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Romans 10:9-13
9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
If a person puts their full trust in Jesus Christ ( 100% )
And Jesus alone not Jesus and a church, not Jesus and good works And Not Jesus plus ANY thing else. And if that person calls on Jesus believing that He was born , died on the cross for his/her sins was buried and the raised from the dead on the third day and then ascended back to Heaven and if that person puts their trust in Him then that person becomes a child of God.
Galatians 4:4-6
4But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6¶And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

ProxDee222

I just watched Andy Woods' video and it seems that only faith thru Jesus is the only way to salvation... but what makes it to not be lost at all? How people can not lose faith at all? I'm just wondering...

I've seen on Rapture Ready that you must make your relationship with Christ right by having a good relationship so it's also necessary to study the Bible, go to a church sundays and pray everyday to be saved? I'm confused but I feel like that's what comes in the daily life of a Christian, I'm fully sure... :thinking

I've been literally lead to the Lordship Salvation doctrine which Andy Woods declares fake but to be honest, I'm willing to dedicate my life to Christ, I do believe in Him with my heart and I'm willing to surrender most of my life for him.

All I just want is for my family to be saved...

Lynn

Longing for Home
I'm willing to dedicate my life to Christ, I do believe in Him with my heart and I'm willing to surrender most of my life for him.
Yes, all true born again believers in Christ would say this. But, this is not Lordship salvation. Look at Chris' thread on Lordship salvation and you will understand the difference. 'After' salvation, we all want to allow Him to take full control of our lives, but that's in the discipleship phase, not the justification phase.

Lynn

Longing for Home
Also, Thru the Bible with J Vernon McGee is available in many translations, I’m sure spanish is one of them. ttb.org
Yes, great suggestion! Through the Bible is broadcast by satellite in many countries all over the world, and people are being saved by hearing the late Dr. McGee's sermons preached in their own language.
Love this worldwide ministry!