Sodomites & Gospel

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
There should be a lifestyle change over time. Of course not immediately, but over the months and years.

I agree that a person should change after they get saved. Some change rapidly. Others might take their entire lives to change a little. We're all so different. But, if a person has in fact chosen Christ (are saved), they will not lose their salvation. No matter what happens their names will not be stricken from the Lambs Book of Life, so the sinningest among we saved Children of God will merit the Rapture as much as the saintliest among us. The fact is, none of us deserve life in Christ... justification comes from Christ's sacrifice on the cross for each of us, not anything that any of us can possible do beyond acknowledging/accepting/embracing the free gift of life that God offers us.

For sure and for certain I might look at a person who claims to be saved and I might doubt that to be true based on what I see in their life. Thankfully for them, I'm not their judge. God knows their hearts.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Tell him it is because they don't search the scriptures on one topic to get the proper view. Ask him if he ever put a flashlight under his chin when he was a kid to make his face look scary. That happened because light shone at a sharp angle distorts what it is shining on. But add more light from other angles and the object being illuminated becomes clear. That is why we must compare Scripture with Scripture. One Scripture is a light from one angle; so we need lots of lights (scriptures) from different angles to accurately see what God is showing us.

I love this analogy.

Jojo4124

They don't believe we should share the Gospel with Homosexuals because they are unredeemable.

They also believe they shouldn't be welcome in the church as they see them as predators.
God can knock ANYONE off their horse so to speak...God is able!!! Our job, imho, isnt to not throw gospel seed to select groups...throw it, sow it...its up to individuals if they accept it or not. Love is key

Back