So, we are now Officially a doomed nation before God.

NCannie

Thank you Walter!

I am getting hammered on another forum over this topic. We are not allowed to talk religion over there but we are all tip toeing around it. When I mentioned my belief based on faith the wolves came out. The rationalization over there is that why is this topic so important when there are other pressing issues in the world. Also, the bible allows Christians to justify hate. Why aren't Christians up in arms about the divorce rate?

My hands are tied because I can't go to scripture or I will be banned. At what point do you step away from that discussion? Where is the scripture that says..."don't throw pearls to swine." ? This is how I'm feeling because it is me against a whole thread of people. I have been very respectful and yet they are beginning to personally attack me.

pixelpusher

My hands are tied because I can't go to scripture or I will be banned. At what point do you step away from that discussion? Where is the scripture that says..."don't throw pearls to swine." ? This is how I'm feeling because it is me against a whole thread of people. I have been very respectful and yet they are beginning to personally attack me.
Matthew 7:6, and here is a good discussion of it. http://www.gotquestions.org/pearls-before-swine.html

athenasius

When scripture is banned God is banned, & you as a faithful Holy Spirit filled & sealed Bible quoting Jesus following, God the Father honouring believer are banned. Not your fault. They are the ones turning their backs on God. When others fall away, and you remain in the vine faithful to Christ, faithful to the Word, you areNOT the one splitting off in division. They already left.

NCannie

When scripture is banned God is banned, & you as a faithful Holy Spirit filled & sealed Bible quoting Jesus following, God the Father honouring believer are banned. Not your fault. They are the ones turning their backs on God. When others fall away, and you remain in the vine faithful to Christ, faithful to the Word, you areNOT the one splitting off in division. They already left.
Good point!

Círeth

This is ruling is not only going to divide Chrisitans from non-Chrisitians but Christians from Christians. My daughter who is a Christian is not speaking to me at the moment because I said that Christians should have a say in marriage. She believe marriage should be a civil issue and not about th Bible. My heart is broken. Today is her Birthday and not only had something nice sent to her but have sent her Birthday wishes and she refuses to talk to me.
:hug

Pebbles

Yay!!!! I have found "my people!" I have spent the day looking up scripture to speak to our present situation and happened upon this site. Thank you sir so much for the encouraging words! I saw a statistic that said something about the trend of support has gone up by 10 percent in only a few years supporting gay marriage and many supporters are Christians. I was beginning to think I was alone.
:welcome2 NCannie! This forum is a blessing for those who stick to God's Word- especially for those feeling alone (edit: I should have said, anyone at all). It's a biblically sound oasis in a desert of worldly insanity. :)

Oh, and here's a complimentary :tin. :D

Walter Kerr

I am getting hammered on another forum over this topic. We are not allowed to talk religion over there but we are all tip toeing around it. When I mentioned my belief based on faith the wolves came out. ... My hands are tied because I can't go to scripture or I will be banned. At what point do you step away from that discussion?
This also happened to me on another Forum. Finally I wrote a piece stating my position and said that it was all I was going to say. One of the main protaganists did then thank me for not attacking him personally, another subscriber supported me, and I just left that Forum.

With some people you just cannot win. They are willingly ignorant, will not seriously consider anything that you may say and, in the end, all you can do is "shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them." and leave.

I was just reading this an hour or so ago and it seems appropriate.
" And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth."

Rez63

Yay!!!! I have found "my people!" I have spent the day looking up scripture to speak to our present situation and happened upon this site. Thank you sir so much for the encouraging words! I saw a statistic that said something about the trend of support has gone up by 10 percent in only a few years supporting gay marriage and many supporters are Christians. I was beginning to think I was alone.
I just wanted to say a big "Welcome" to you NCannie!!
Im so glad your here and have found " Your people"!!
I feel the same...I was welcomed with loving arms here and have found myself a " Home"!

NCannie

Thank you for the warm welcome from everyone!
Our pastor was out of town today so the fill in was the children's pastor. I was glad to hear him brooch the subject today. He spoke about the third generation of Isrealites not knowing God because they were not taught about the good He did delivering their ancestors from Egypt. He spoke of the importance of passing down the biblical teachings and our personal relationship experiences with God to our children.

RonJohnSilver

I have a facebook friend, a woman I used to know, who is now a minister in some liberal denomination. Occasionally she posts things positive about the president and today, about the gay rights decision. I checked some of her 'links' that she supports and most of them are left-leaning Christian sites.....I didn't know there were such things as left-leaning Christians, I suppose they're believers who've either discounted or re-interpreted what seems to me to be the clear teachings of the Bible. But she claims to believe the Bible but says she has just come to a different conclusion regarding this issue (gay, etc.) She even posted about marching in a rainbow parade. So I don't know if she is a believer or not, but she is leading many people astray and that saddens me, for her and them. I was struck by a comment on another site....this is it....

The profane world does not want you to live your life in peace and godliness; it demands that you become as they are. To them nothing short of your complete capitulation to their godless ideals is enough. Appeasement never insures a stable, peaceful future.

I also read where Franklin Graham is warning Christians that persecution is coming. Whether before the rapture he doesn't know...certainly after. But it seems likely. I also read a short article on various companies responses to the gay ruling. So many major companies celebrating it, most because of profits, I know, but still. And since I'm looking for a job, I wonder if I should even bother with those companies who support such things, helping in their profits and all. So hard to live in this world and remain untouched, even inadvertently. But, as Adrian says, God is still in control. So we look to our future rather than our past. I used to be a patriot. Not so much anymore, I still support the troops, but no longer am I the 'America, love it or leave it' person I used to be. What to do? As it says in Ephsians,...put on the full armor of God. And in I Samuel...."far be it from me that I should cease to pray for you." So, since I have no job to go to (for now), it's time to study and pray. Later, RJS