So only 144,000 will be raptured?

Milly_Light

Revelation 14 New International Version (NIV)
The Lamb and the 144,000
14 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

So this verse says the 144 000 are redeemed from the earth and that they are firstfruits. Firstfruits of what? Firstfruits of the rest of mankind who are saved. Meaning that of all the believers who are saved, only 144 000 will be raptured and the rest will go through the tribulation. What do you think?

Anewcreationinjesus

The 144,000 are Jewish, it clearly states in the text....Revelation 7:4

God graciously rescued me out of a "Joel's army" group who taught the 144,000 were the elite end times army Christians... Many many scriptures were twisted to fit their ideas, especially Joel chapter 2!!!!

Of course, what I didn't realise at the time was even that was part of a bigger picture of "Kingdom now dominionism" which has spread everywhere, the idea of bringing the kingdom with the "best church of all generations" taking over the "seven mountains of society" and only then can Jesus return once this "kingdom" has been set up for him apparently...

If you have ever heard phrases preached like "transform society" or "change the world" or "fulfil your destiny" or "God has a dream" or "prophetic activation".... Then you may have heard someone who subscribes to Kingdom Now theology....

If you look at what the Bible says about the end times (which I didn't see when thick in the Gog.... Haha sorry just noticed this typo, erm, fog rather!!! of this Joel's army stuff)... Then what they are teaching is the complete opposite of what the Bible actually says....

They teach an elite end times church...and a "better world"
The Bible warns evil men and impostors would wax worse and worse and that in the last days it would be difficult to be a Christian!!

They teach in some quarters there is no rapture as the church's job is to bring the "kingdom", some teach this is "new revelation" that God has "revealed to them"..
The Bible clearly teaches there will be a rapture!

They teach, the church must "transform society"....
The Bible teaches the church is to preach the Gospel to rescue people out of the world system which is corrupt and passing away, and only Jesus will bring righteousness and truth at his return....

So, yeah, Kingdom Now theology teaches things upside down and back to front.....

Since then, have realised it's so important re context context context, and for the word to be rightly divided or its so easy to cherry pick a verse to make it fit a preconceived idea...

In 1 Thessalonians 4, it says there are two groups to be raptured, the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain".... This then means the entire church of born again believers, those who are currently living, caught up with believers already gone to Jesus.... So as I understand it, the whole church is raptured....and may that day be very very very soon!!!!

Milly Light, do they teach that about the 144,000 at your church?? I recommend you listen to Andy Woods 60 (!!!!) sermons on the book of Revelation, he's currently working through verse by verse.... His teaching is very sound :)

And here's the website to avoid that I fell into.... If anyone knows anyone following this website then they teach "Joel's army" as well as "planet x" and "translation" the idea of Christians being "transformed" into immortal bodies.... Yup, I fell for all of that and praise God he rescued me!!!!!! Anyone on this website should :runforhills

They call it the call of the bride.
(Mattfivefour has removed the actual link. Let's not help people find them. I think the name is enough to serve as warning should someone stumble across it.)

Hmmmm yeah they still haven't changed I see "The end of the church will be better than the beginning" apparently and the false almost gnostic teaching of Sonship (ie some Christians have a "deeper revelation" ie the ones who "visit heaven", with the "sons" being the elite top of the pile.....) :puke

And oh my gosh just noticed the key phrase on there, "we aren't looking for the rapture but for transformation" (!!!) by transformation, they reckon God has "told" them they will have immortal bodies now to go about doing miracles like in the book of Acts.... I can see now what twisted false teaching it is, they twist Romans 8 re "manifest sons of God"....

Last edited by a moderator:

Released

There has been tons of confusion about the 144,000- who they are, what they do, and what happens to them. When the Antichrist signs his treaty with Israel, God will send two men (probably Moses and Elijah- the Two Witnesses) to the temple site in Jerusalem to preach for three and a half years. As a result, 144,000 Jewish men will be saved and sealed to preach to a progressively hostile world. When the Great Tribulation has begun, the two witnesses are killed, and the same can be said of the 144,000- for they are later seen in heaven. At this time, God has turned over the 'Everlasting Gospel' to three angels in Revelation chapter 14. This is how bad things will be at that time.