So much sadness these days

OnlyHim

I hate to focus on the negative these days because there is so much of it in this world. But I just have to share how sad I am about the news today that the Collings Foundation’s B17 had crashed. There were 13 people on board. 5 fatalities so far and there will probably be more. I hope not but it was bad. It hurts because less than two months ago I walked through that beautiful old aircraft. Running my hands across the face of history. Reading the hundreds of names painted on her of those who flew her and restored her to active duty once more coupled with the thought of those folks onboard really hurts deep. I was fortunate to fly in the B24 in their fleet of vintage warbirds 10 years ago. A plane similar to the one my grandfather captained in WW2. In the background of my pictures that day you can see the 17 that crashed today. I felt I knew those planes for some odd reason.

I’m kind of a sentimental guy. The day we saw her a few weeks ago she looked tired. I felt something as I strolled around this relic of mighty days of faith and sacrifice. I couldn’t quite place why I felt sad walking around her and through her. Maybe it was my frustrated view of how awful this world has become since those days. I don’t know I was just concerned. Concern for a hunk of metal? Strange I know but there was a spirit in her and I connected. No I’m not a mystic just nostalgic. Nevertheless it’s just so sad. My heart goes out to the families for sure. That’s the most important thing. It was just a hunk of metal. And I know this world is quickly passing away. Soon all our hunks of metal and wood will be gone. I say go ahead bring it on. Better days lie ahead. Just feeling sad till we get there.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I couldn’t quite place why I felt sad walking around her and through her.
As I was reading your post I was thinking of how she may of many things, represent times of respect, people following God, honor, doing the right thing, values that were generally upheld in society. As you said:

this relic of mighty days of faith and sacrifice.
It's ok to grieve......

:hug