So Disappointed and Surprised!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by Carl, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Was watching tv this morning. Not much on so found Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. I occasionally watched this program and thought it was clean. However in this particular program Dr. Quinn was acting as the community school teacher. She was kinda just talking to the students about what was interesting to them. First thing you know she was talking about Darwin and evolution. Later she was talking to someone that knew the bible quite well. He had heard what she said in school that day and was questioning her on it. He mentioned that the bible says that God made the heavens and the earth in 6 days. Dr. Quinn responded that 7 days could mean 7 ages. And that God could have created through evolution too.

Sigh, I thought this was a wholesome program til today.

Everlasting Life likes this.
  2. Everlasting Life

Everlasting Life Through Faith in Jesus

It is disappointing when your enjoying a show that seems good when suddenly some sort of social propaganda is being shoved down your throat. :ohno

Salluz, ShilohRose and Carl like this.
  3. Salluz

Salluz Well-Known Member

Honestly if anyone says this I automatically know they either haven't read genesis or are bold faced lying. The bible says plants were made the day before the sun and birds were made before land animals, and that the earth is older than all of the stars. No evolutionist I know has ever made any of those claims. It is always that the order is sun>earth>plants>ocean animals>land animals> birds

The bible says the order is earth>plants>sun>ocean animals=birds>land animals.

From a standpoint of literal ages it just doesn't make sense, so the next thing is to allegorize it or to say it is picked up from folklore in the area. Of course you don't have to perform the mental gymnastics if you take God's word at face value

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Tall Timbers, Carl and ShilohRose like this.
  4. lenraff

lenraff Well-Known Member

Threw the TV out many years ago, haven't noticed it missing.

Patiently... likes this.