Snowing!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by lightofmylife, Jan 12, 2019.

1. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

We started with sleet yesterday, and started snowing and is snowing now. Jeff measured the top rail to our deck. We have 6" of snow. Anyone else getting the white stuff?

caligal, Mary Cole, Andy C and 6 others like this.
  2. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

I'm surrounded by a sea of white (well, dirty white now) here in Ottawa, Ontario. Please Lord, may we have Spring?

Patiently..., caligal, Andy C and 7 others like this.
  3. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

We had a white Christmas... again! I'm thankful that this winter the snowfall has been light, at least so far. The last couple of winters we've seen about twice the amount of snow that we usually get, and it is a lot of work for me clearing the snow from around our home and plowing the road and driveway. So far I've had it pretty easy. We gotten about 3 feet of the white stuff so far this winter.

Patiently..., caligal, Andy C and 7 others like this.
  4. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

Snowing here in eastern Nebraska since 8pm, wet heavy snow and a few hours ago has changed to very light snow, and still snowing maybe 4" so far, and very slick to drive on with that packed slush base.

5. lightofmylife

Today is my granddaughter Raven's 12th birthday. Unfortunately, due to the weather her party was cancelled until further notice. I am sure a lot of people will be watching the Chiefs game today which starts at 3:35.

caligal, SonSeeker, Andy C and 4 others like this.
  6. Anewcreationinjesus

Anewcreationinjesus Well-Known Member

Well, no snow yet here in the centre of England :) when it does come, the kids can throw snowballs at each other while I make them hot chocolate! :)

caligal, SonSeeker, Andy C and 5 others like this.
  7. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

Snow plow just went by,:gaah3' snow berm in back of my truck, oh well thanks for the extra cardio today:biggrin

8. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

Just drove home in it. Snow started here around 11am was bad enough to close the office and all the branches and have everyone go home at 3pm. I had to stop at the bottom of the hill and switch to 4 wheel drive to get up the hill and into the driveway.

9. lightofmylife

Around 1:30 we lost our power, and it just came back on at 3:33. I :pray there is no more problems the rest of the day. Now I can fix my meatloaf dinner. :amen

10. Forgiven1

Forgiven1 Well-Known Member

Still only a dusting of snow on the ground here in Southern Ontario. It's highly unusual for this time of year. I wish we would have some snow so we could go cross country skiing...

11. lightofmylife

Update: We had 6", and now 8". We did have some nice sunny days even low 50's, but Old Man Winter has reared his ugly :eek: head!

12. Mary Cole

Mary Cole Well-Known Member

We got 10 inches between 2 pm yesterday afternoon and 2 pm today. Then it changed to sleet and then light rain.

13. lightofmylife

Here is the pic of our snow in the front yard on my avatar!

14. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

It never snows here. I'm missing all the fun! :( :hehee

15. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

Here too, it (almost) never snows.:( I'm waiting for some of that global wa....er climate cha...or whatever they're calling it now to happen, so maybe we can get more of that strange white stuff then.;)

16. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

We are having it all today. We have ice, snow and rain predicted for today!

17. lightofmylife

We cleaned the snow off of the driveway, and all the rails you see. It looks much better, and went to pick up a few things at the store. The streets are in good shape which is great! Enjoy your Sunday, and week ahead.

18. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I'm leaving the latest snowfall on my deck for a while. If I clear it off it'll immediately snow again...

19. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Here in Michigan we are getting well below average because of el Nino. The precipitation goes along the southern tier of states. We have not gotten less than 1" in the last two storms that buzzed by us in the Ohio valley.

20. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

:ahaha