Simeon

lismore

Hello All, today at the old folks lunch there was a short devotion by the new Pastor's wife at the end. I hadn't thought any more about what we shared in this thread but the subject for the devotion left me speechless. It was a Christmas Message on two people waiting for the Messiah- Simeon and Anna. In the same way they were waiting for the Lord we're waiting for the return of the Lord, she read from Romans 8:18-24.

Hearing this subject in the devotion, seemed like far more than a co-incidence to me, it was as if the Lord was answering the question I asked clearly and personally.

So I took this as a final confirmation from the Lord about what we shared on this thread. We are like Simeon And Anna, we are going to be alive to see the Lord. :amen

Andy C

I hope and I pray Im alive at the rapture. I can only imagine the sheer shock, followed by a joy never experienced while in this body, Home.

Interesting personal experiences shared on this forum. I have never had a rapture dream, or anything hinting at the timing of the rapture. However, in His Word, Im daily reminded that the time is near.

daygo

Hello All, today at the old folks lunch there was a short devotion by the new Pastor's wife at the end. I hadn't thought any more about what we shared in this thread but the subject for the devotion left me speechless. It was a Christmas Message on two people waiting for the Messiah- Simeon and Anna. In the same way they were waiting for the Lord we're waiting for the return of the Lord, she read from Romans 8:18-24.

Hearing this subject in the devotion, seemed like far more than a co-incidence to me, it was as if the Lord was answering the question I asked clearly and personally.

So I took this as a final confirmation from the Lord about what we shared on this thread. We are like Simeon And Anna, we are going to be alive to see the Lord. :amen
Interesting thought there.

JamesSuth

I don't think that God has ever told me specifically that it will be within my lifetime, but I do feel He has indicated that it is very close and has told me that through His word and world events. I read a few years ago that Ann Graham Lotz (daughter of Billy Graham) believes that He told her that He will return in her lifetime if she lives to a normal age, she is 70 now. I find some of the general perceptions of people of faith interesting. CH Spurgeon (in the 19th century) expected Christ to return, thought it could be any time, but didn't expect it in his lifetime. Around a hundred years later we had a huge public awareness of the rapture. Billy Graham, Corrie Ten Boom and others preaching repentance while there is time before a rapidly approaching rapture, which they all thought could be any day. And then came the 'left behind' books which led to general culture being aware of it. Was this the Spirit preparing the world? I contrast that with now where there is a remnant of believers looking up and expecting His return. The Bible - believing church (let alone the rest!) I really don't feel is expecting His return or the rapture in our lifetime or many years to come after that! Is that linked to the falling away and it happening at a time we least expect? I think the church has never less expected the rapture, especially interesting after such an interest in it in recent decades.

I am glad you had this encouragement. He has never been closer.

Anastacia

Hi everyone! I've been hesitant to reply to this thread since I'm unknown on RF, even though I've been regularly among you for at least a decade. It's so easy to convince ourselves that our deepest convictions are words/promises/direction from the Lord, and then sometimes we end up wrong, surprising even ourselves. So I take my own "certainty" with a bit of skepticism!
...Im 49 and since I was about 8 years old, I have simply "known" I'm going to see Jesus come back. About ten years ago, I wondered if that was a quiet little promise He whispered into a little girl's ears.
Of course, i could be wrong that i dont actually Know I'll see the rapture, but in my whole life, I've not doubted it! It does feel like a fact to me, and I've been waiting and watching, so I hope I'm not wrong!

Additionally, a few years ago, I met a women who is my same age and she coincidentally mentioned that when she was a little girl, she felt that she was promised she'd see the rapture too. That blew me away! I thought that was so weird that we are the same age and were both little girls when we felt that certainty. ...Could it have been God putting that in our hearts? I've always thought so.

(I'm nervous to post this!!)

Flyfisher

So my story is at an early age 8 or 9 I think I actually ready Revelations. I didn't understand much except things were going to get really really bad. After reading it, in my nightly prayers, I asked him to please not let it be in my lifetime as I didn't want to go through the horrors. That continued until about 15 years ago when I started reading more (this site was one of them) and finally coming to understand the Rapture. Now I feel it will be in my lifetime, but that he has given us and shown us in his word how we will delivered from his judgement on this sinful world.

Jan51

I find this thread interesting, especially after reading earlier this morning about the last full moon of the decade being on 12-12 at 12:12 a.m., not that that means anything but I think the Lord uses many things to get our attention. I too am one that has always felt the Lord put in my heart that I would see the rapture. Every day I pray, “come quickly Lord Jesus!”

I read the earlier post on this thread about “Soon and Very Soon.” Wasn’t planning to post about this til later, but that is his favorite song after “Be Thou My Vision” and he has sung this around the house since our boys were little.

I have been sitting here in the hospital at his bedside for the last seven days as he has been nonresponsive, surprised he is still hanging on, although it is possible he could hang on as much as another week. I sing that to him a lot and play both of those and other gospel music like Alan Jackson and the Isaacs, stuff he loves. Not sure he hears it but hoping it comforts him. And now wondering and hoping that there is still a chance he makes the rapture—that would just be great! “Thy will be done.”

ETA: So a few hours later I get on Facebook and a Christian group I am in has a big graphic saying “Soon and Very Soon”! Yes, may it be....take him....take us....

Last edited:

athenasius

I find this thread interesting, especially after reading earlier this morning about the last full moon of the decade being on 12-12 at 12:12 a.m., not that that means anything but I think the Lord uses many things to get our attention. I too am one that has always felt the Lord put in my heart that I would see the rapture. Every day I pray, “come quickly Lord Jesus!”

I read the earlier post on this thread about “Soon and Very Soon.” Wasn’t planning to post about this til later, but that is his favorite song after “Be Thou My Vision” and he has sung this around the house since our boys were little.

I have been sitting here in the hospital at his bedside for the last seven days as he has been nonresponsive, surprised he is still hanging on, although it is possible he could hang on as much as another week. I sing that to him a lot and play both of those and other gospel music like Alan Jackson and the Isaacs, stuff he loves. Not sure he hears it but hoping it comforts him. And now wondering and hoping that there is still a chance he makes the rapture—that would just be great! “Thy will be done.”

ETA: So a few hours later I get on Facebook and a Christian group I am in has a big graphic saying “Soon and Very Soon”! Yes, may it be....take him....take us....
Jan my dear sister and friend here on RF, I am SO sorry I missed what you are going thru. I didn't know your dh is dying in hospital. I am and will be praying for you. Oh my yes. May the Rapture be soon. I have no words. Just that my heart goes out to you and I wish I could be there beside you!

Accepted

Hi everyone! I've been hesitant to reply to this thread since I'm unknown on RF, even though I've been regularly among you for at least a decade. It's so easy to convince ourselves that our deepest convictions are words/promises/direction from the Lord, and then sometimes we end up wrong, surprising even ourselves. So I take my own "certainty" with a bit of skepticism!
...Im 49 and since I was about 8 years old, I have simply "known" I'm going to see Jesus come back. About ten years ago, I wondered if that was a quiet little promise He whispered into a little girl's ears.
Of course, i could be wrong that i dont actually Know I'll see the rapture, but in my whole life, I've not doubted it! It does feel like a fact to me, and I've been waiting and watching, so I hope I'm not wrong!

Additionally, a few years ago, I met a women who is my same age and she coincidentally mentioned that when she was a little girl, she felt that she was promised she'd see the rapture too. That blew me away! I thought that was so weird that we are the same age and were both little girls when we felt that certainty. ...Could it have been God putting that in our hearts? I've always thought so.

(I'm nervous to post this!!)
No need to be nervous! Your thoughts are as valid as everyone else’s, and I enjoyed your post! Welcome, and hugs!

GoldenEagle

Jan, I just saw this and had to log in - I’m so sorry...
Please know you are in my heart and prayers.
Sending you much love...

Accepted

Jan, I didn’t realize you were going through this!! Praying!!!

Jan51

Jan my dear sister and friend here on RF, I am SO sorry I missed what you are going thru. I didn't know your dh is dying in hospital. I am and will be praying for you. Oh my yes. May the Rapture be soon. I have no words. Just that my heart goes out to you and I wish I could be there beside you!
You didn't miss anything, I just haven't posted about his decline, which happened pretty quickly over the last couple months--a month in local hospital, 3 weeks in long term care, a week and a half in the hospital where he passed. I'm not really one to put much of my life online. But thank you for your words. It was indeed soon and very soon--Jesus took him home that evening. I do think God was telling me. So thankful he didn't linger. No more painful body, no more dementia. He is home, and now so am I after being mostly gone for these months.