Simeon

lismore

Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. (Luke 2:25-27)

In the same way that the Holy Spirit revealed to Simeon he would not die before seeing the Messiah I think there are believers, many of us, alive today who have been told that we will not die before the rapture, before the return of the Messiah. It would be consistent with scripture if the Lord revealed this to many of us because that's what he did for Simeon at the first coming.

What do you think? Do you believe the Holy Spirit has revealed this to you personally?

God Bless :)

Cindy S.

Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. (Luke 2:25-27)

In the same way that the Holy Spirit revealed to Simeon he would not die before seeing the Messiah I think there are believers, many of us, alive today who have been told that we will not die before the rapture, before the return of the Messiah. It would be consistent with scripture if the Lord revealed this to many of us because that's what he did for Simeon at the first coming.

What do you think? Do you believe the Holy Spirit has revealed this to you personally?

God Bless :)
No still small voice has told me that personally, but I'm hopefully expecting to go in the rapture, based on my age, the rebirth of Israel and the armies that are gathering around her.

ByGod'sGrace

I'm not sure if the Holy Spirit revealed that to me; I think my own hope is too great to be able to decipher what is real from God or what is just my own hope. I've had rapture dreams before and the joy I felt afterwards after waking up made me think that I got a glimpse of the feeling we will have when we hear the trumpet and then fly up. In each rapture dream (I've had 3 in my life), the sky cracked open, and I felt thrilling joy in my heart knowing I would hear the trumpet, and then I heard the trumpet sound and I flew up so fast that it woke me up. So, that could either be my own imagination, or the Holy Spirit anticipating the call...?

antitox

I would think that if we got any clue as to a time frame we would start altering plans and making decisions based upon what is given. I think that alludes to Jeremiah's statement in 17:9 "the heart is deceitful and desperately corrupt; who can know it?"

antitox

Also, Simeon was told something that wouldn't affect his decision making. He knew he was old and his age was clue enough as to what his longevity would be, but He WANTED to see the Christ. He was hanging on just for that chance. Personally I don't see God doing anything or revealing anything to His children that wouldn't be right for them.

kathymendel

When I was sixteen, my mom had a dream and shared it with me. We were working in the yard together, and a trump blasted, and she started rising..........she reached her hand out to me, and said, "Kathy, come on". I didn't. My dad and brother were not in the dream. We took it to be a
"rapture dream". Fast forward sixteen years............. my dad and brother died of heart attacks within four months of each other. (Saved - went to heaen). Thirty years later my mom passed and went to be with the Lord. My perspective on that first dream has changed. What she saw, was her and I living together after my dad and brother had died..........it was not the rapture.........it was that she, too, would leave, and I would be here alone to live out my life............or be raptured alone, without them.

I had my own dream several years ago. I was standing in a huge valley - of epic proportions - and there were millions of other also standing on the hills that surrounded it. Everyone was singing praises in a language unknown to me. It was SO BEAUTIFUL! As I looked around, I saw my family nearby, all singing and with the BIGGEST smiles on their faces.

I know we are not to rely on dreams. But, I am hoping that there was something to my dream. Now, if it would only be very, very soon............

antitox

Well Kathy, that compels me to throw this out there since it is an after-the -fact that we look back upon. This dream came during the time that Me and family were still living in a Dallas suburb.

I was with my wife and kids where we had a cabin in a rural area and the house started shaking violently because what looked like a huge tube or umbilical that was reaching down out of heaven had explosions coming out the end of it in front of the cabin. It was so strong that I feared the well-being of the family. In the process of the cabin coming apart the wife and kids disappeared and I wondered where they went. By then it was just me standing there alone in puzzlement. Then I started rising.....and rising..... higher and higher traveling the route of the tube following up to a point that was very high in thousands of feet and reached some threshhold where I began to slow down and when I began to stop...I felt a presence like no other in my waking life......it was so beautiful.......so strong....so penetrating and wonderful like nothing I've ever experienced before. It was stronger in this dream than anything else in my life. I can never forget it. At that moment, I said, "It was you Lord, the whole time."

What I was shown that I didn't understand was this: God had removed me from the family because He had other plans for me. I know this sounds unusual, but here's what happened because this dream was showing me what was to come later. My wife and I divorced. My daughter was in the army. My son was way down in south Texas. I have been alone for 14 yrs. (as I was alone in the dream). Being out there alone He "picked me back up" (sound familiar?) and has been moving in my life ever since in such a personal way. I had unforgettable moments during that time where He showed me what He wants me to do and some guidelines to go with it. Some of those mornings were just amazing. He showed me thru other dreams as well some reassurances of His plans. I can't tell you how it gives me such a peace and reaffirms His commitment to all who belong to Him. It has been unfailing, constant, and insightful.

I just said this because you brought it all back to me when you told your account. :)

Last edited:

cavalier973

Simeon had a Scriptural reference in the Book of Daniel, which predicted to the day when the Messiah would be revealed, with historical markers to go by (Cyrus's decree to rebuild Jerusalem). I dont know any similar time prediction for the Rapture, but we do have things to look for with regard to Lord Jesus's second coming, and we know the Rapture happens prior to that.

lismore

Thank you everyone for your replies. It's good to be able to fellowship with others who have the same desire of the heart.

I'm not sure if the Holy Spirit revealed that to me; I think my own hope is too great to be able to decipher what is real from God or what is just my own hope.
Perhaps it's the same for me, my hope is great and it's clouding my perception. But your dreams seem very vivid to me and would be even-more so for you.

I have prayed to God for revelation several times in the past, never heard the still small voice, but I thought I received what may seem like co-incidences to others but were personally so real to me that I believed were the Lord speaking to me to say I'd live to see the rapture. Perhaps you can all judge by the latest one-

Perhaps feeling a little weary I prayed to the Lord the other evening asking if I would be living when the return of the Lord happened. I was at the Old Folks lunch in church yesterday (I've been a helper there since 2012). They were playing an after lunch game 'bannanarama', something like scrabble. One of the old folks got the word 'SOON' which she held up to me. She said to the others 'Do you remember that old song we used to sing Soon and very soon we are going to see the King?'.

Now, no-one I recall at the lunch had ever mentioned the return of the Lord in any form before in the 7.5 years I have been helping there. But they did the day after I had prayed. It almost floored me because my two uncles and I sometimes play music, mandolins and guitar, we record a song and put it on my uncle Joe's youtube channel. The last song we did a couple of weeks back was 'Soon and very soon we are going to see the King'. So no other song the old lady could have mentioned would have really meant anything to me as did that one.

So, could that be a double coincidence or was it the Lord breaking through to answer my prayer? :)

Last edited:

Lookingup83

Thank you everyone for your replies. It's good to be able to fellowship with others who have the same desire of the heart.

Perhaps it's the same for me, my hope is great and it's clouding my perception. But your dreams seem very vivid to me and would be even-more so for you.

I have prayed to God for revelation several times in the past, never heard the still small voice, but I thought I received what may seem like co-incidences to others but were personally so real to me that I believed were the Lord speaking to me to say I'd live to see the rapture. Perhaps you can all judge by the latest one-

Perhaps feeling a little weary I prayed to the Lord the other evening asking if I would be living when the return of the Lord happened. I was at the Old Folks lunch in church yesterday (I've been a helper there since 2012). They were playing an after lunch game 'bannanarama', something like scrabble. One of the old folks got the word 'SOON' which she held up to me. She said to the others 'Do you remember that old song we used to sing Soon and very soon we are going to see the King?'.

Now, no-one I recall at the lunch had ever mentioned the return of the Lord in any form before in the 7.5 years I have been helping there. But they did the day after I had prayed. It almost floored me because my two uncles and I sometimes play music, mandolins and guitar, we record a song and put it on my uncle Joe's youtube channel. The last song we did a couple of weeks back was 'Soon and very soon we are going to see the King'. So no other song the old lady could have mentioned would have really meant anything to me as did that one.

So, could that be a double coincidence or was it the Lord breaking through to answer my prayer? :)
I would call that a message from the Lord personally...it's too perfect.

lismore

I know we are not to rely on dreams. But, I am hoping that there was something to my dream. Now, if it would only be very, very soon............
Hello kathy. When your dream ties in with scripture I would say it's a word from God for you, to comfort and encourage you. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 helped me a lot when my uncle harry who was like a father to me passed away. We'll all be together soon with our departed loved ones who died in the Lord in a place where there will be no more death, no more tears. People from every tribe and tongue will sing praises together. :)

Círeth

I don't know but I think so given that I'm 28; I seriously hope so. I don't think I can stick it out another 42-52 years as the world decays into greater depravity around us. I am already so weary as are other young folks I've talked to. We all long to go home.

My great-grandfather hoped he would live to see the rapture. He was born in the 1800's and was a watcher for most of his Christian life. He went home long before I was born. But in the end does it matter? None of us will miss the rapture whether we're dead or alive. The dead in Christ will beat those of us left alive to it as they're resurrected into their glorified bodies to await us in the air.

StormsMom

This is a little different but people relating their dreams reminded me of this. A friend from church told a group of us that her mom had a strong relationship with the Lird and she would occasionally have visions. Her strongest one, which she had back in the 1970s, was that the rapture would happen at a time when everyone was looking at small screens all the time. She and her friends took this to mean miniaturized TVs but we know better don't we. I got goosebumps when I heard this.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don't know but I think so given that I'm 28; I seriously hope so. I don't think I can stick it out another 42-52 years as the world decays into greater depravity around us. I am already so weary as are other young folks I've talked to. We all long to go home.
I don't think you or anyone else your age well pass on from old age. I'm 63 and I think that chances for me are about 50/50. That's all speculation of course, based on what we see in the world today and from what Scripture tells us.