Silicon Valley Bank Crash today

athenasius

My reply is off topic, but since you brought it up...
I see Christians saying the Rapture must be very close because...gas prices go up, food prices go up, Russia may use a nuke, Iran may get a nuke, Biden is president, bugs are sold as food, banks fail, paper money may become obsolete,
etc etc ad nausem....

All we can see is possible foreshadowing of the trib...and I do think we are seeing that. I do *think* the Rapture is close. In truth, we have no idea what God has planned for the future.

It seems like the more life gets uncomfortable for us, or there is a prediction that we don't like, the more *imminent* the Rapture becomes.
I dont think the Rapture is scheduled for the comfort or convenience of the US or western world. Maybe the harder life gets, the more people will come to Him???

That may come across as harsh but it's not meant to be. God's timing is perfect. I am looking forward to being caught up in the air!!!
I really agree. Good point.

Even though I think the Rapture is very soon, around the corner-- I still keep planning for our lives here, for the future of the granddaughters should the Lord tarry and I pray for them and our married kids plus all the family, saved and unsaved as if we are here for the next 40 years.

It's also why I quit listening to certain preachers who were camping out on the doomsday scenarios, conspiracy stuff (even truthful conspiracies) or reporting on politics every single month of every year. I know bad stuff is coming. I live in the land of Trudeau!

-- I can't foretell the future and God can, so I trust in Him.

I'm not anticipating a major collapse complete with most of the world in chaos (any more than usual) or famine (any more than usual). My idea of usual chaos includes both world wars, and the Great Depression to give some context.

When I see a report of imminent financial collapse or deadly plagues or 1999/Y2K panic I tend to dial back the doomsday stuff and look at what I know.

What I know is God, His Word the Bible, and what I've seen in the past with my own eyes or heard from credible sources like grandparents.

The Restrainer keeps restraining! God keeps providing!

What I've seen is my grandparents surviving the Great Depression just fine, with a few added thrifty skills they passed on to all of us. I saw the gas crisis of the late 70's when Carter just about drove America over the cliff, I saw the economic downturn before Reagan, as well as his showdown with the airtraffic controllers that was supposed to have planes falling out of the skies and didn't. As the 2000s went on, various economic disasters happened and fell short of the predicted (by economists as well as preachers of the day) mega disasters.

I saw the big nothing burger of Y2K, and the last few years with the various ermmmm "reactions" to the plague and it's all been very instructive. Not to mention failed date setters for the Rapture along the way.

I've heard Christians I know react with stress, and worry. We need peace of mind. I get where they are coming from but the Lord always shelters us in the storms.

Is it prudent to prepare and have some storage of food and necessities at home? Cash on hand? YES. Bank machines go offline fairly regularly and very inconveniently in my area. Ordinary disasters happen and it's nice to be set to help the neighbours and your family when the highways all washed out (my province) or the highways are burning (my province) so supply trucks can't get thru. Your area may get earthquakes, tornadoes or hurricanes. My pantry, bug out kit (already packed in 2 carryon size suitcases) and a labelled plastic box of files are ready as usual. We can have less than 15 minutes to evacuate in forest fire season.

We can't prepare for everything, we do what we can and trust God for all of it.

It's good to heed a warning and prepare but it can go beyond preparation and become a fear that paralyzes us as we stare at the latest train wreck happening on the world stage.

Fear is a weapon the enemy uses against us.

Since 2020 and the plague which was supposed to end it all according to some, Putin went into the Ukraine, and now we are facing another financial day of reckoning. It's been a disaster palooza mainly because these things are set up to set the stage for the Trib. But the Restrainer is still restraining.

Situation Normal, All Fouled Up! The usual human condition. Uncomfortable definitely, distressing surely, but still in the range of normal.

Normal IS a state of SNAFU! Because we are humans and the enemy IS frantically trying to prep for the Tribulation! (LOL he's a prepper TOO now!) And the Restrainer is still restraining.

I "think" we are getting close, but I've thought that all along from the 70s on to today.

IF we are in a state of waiting, for a while, and God keeps dialing up the discomforts, we know WHO is our provider and WHO is our refuge and our strength. Discomfort is an evangelism tool. It works to bring in the lost.

At the end of the day GOD says when and if the WEF, Soros, the Davos bunch, get to have their desire granted.

No matter what they hoped for, it won't go the way they like, and WE on the other hand remain in His hands at all times. Before things go sideways we get taken out of here.

And that is the Blessed Hope and my hope.

Titus 2: 11- 14
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Psalm 37:25 NIV
I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread.

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I really agree. Good point.

Even though I think the Rapture is very soon, around the corner-- I still keep planning for our lives here, for the future of the granddaughters should the Lord tarry and I pray for them and our married kids plus all the family, saved and unsaved as if we are here for the next 40 years.

It's also why I quit listening to certain preachers who were camping out on the doomsday scenarios, conspiracy stuff (even truthful conspiracies) or reporting on politics every single month of every year. I know bad stuff is coming. I live in the land of Trudeau!

-- I can't foretell the future and God can, so I trust in Him.

I'm not anticipating a major collapse complete with most of the world in chaos (any more than usual) or famine (any more than usual). My idea of usual chaos includes both world wars, and the Great Depression to give some context.

When I see a report of imminent financial collapse or deadly plagues or 1999/Y2K panic I tend to dial back the doomsday stuff and look at what I know.

What I know is God, His Word the Bible, and what I've seen in the past with my own eyes or heard from credible sources like grandparents.

The Restrainer keeps restraining! God keeps providing!

What I've seen is my grandparents surviving the Great Depression just fine, with a few added thrifty skills they passed on to all of us. I saw the gas crisis of the late 70's when Carter just about drove America over the cliff, I saw the economic downturn before Reagan, as well as his showdown with the airtraffic controllers that was supposed to have planes falling out of the skies and didn't. As the 2000s went on, various economic disasters happened and fell short of the predicted (by economists as well as preachers of the day) mega disasters.

I saw the big nothing burger of Y2K, and the last few years with the various ermmmm "reactions" to the plague and it's all been very instructive. Not to mention failed date setters for the Rapture along the way.

I've heard Christians I know react with stress, and worry. We need peace of mind. I get where they are coming from but the Lord always shelters us in the storms.

Is it prudent to prepare and have some storage of food and necessities at home? Cash on hand? YES. Bank machines go offline fairly regularly and very inconveniently in my area. Ordinary disasters happen and it's nice to be set to help the neighbours and your family when the highways all washed out (my province) or the highways are burning (my province) so supply trucks can't get thru. Your area may get earthquakes, tornadoes or hurricanes. My pantry, bug out kit (already packed in 2 carryon size suitcases) and a labelled plastic box of files are ready as usual. We can have less than 15 minutes to evacuate in forest fire season.

It's good to heed a warning and prepare but it can go beyond preparation and become a fear that paralyzes us as we stare at the latest train wreck happening on the world stage.

Fear is a weapon the enemy uses against us.

Since 2020 and the plague which was supposed to end it all according to some, Putin went into the Ukraine, and now we are facing another financial day of reckoning. It's been a disaster palooza mainly because these things are set up to set the stage for the Trib. But the Restrainer is still restraining.

Situation Normal, All Fouled Up! The usual human condition. Uncomfortable definitely, distressing surely, but still in the range of normal.

Normal IS a state of SNAFU! Because we are humans and the enemy IS frantically trying to prep for the Tribulation! (LOL he's a prepper TOO now!) And the Restrainer is still restraining.

I "think" we are getting close, but I've thought that all along from the 70s on to today.

IF we are in a state of waiting, for a while, and God keeps dialing up the discomforts, we know WHO is our provider and WHO is our refuge and our strength. Discomfort is an evangelism tool. It works to bring in the lost.

At the end of the day GOD says when and if the WEF, Soros, the Davos bunch, get to have their desire granted.

No matter what they hoped for, it won't go the way they like, and WE on the other hand remain in His hands at all times. Before things go sideways we get taken out of here.

And that is the Blessed Hope and my hope.

Titus 2: 11- 14
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Psalm 37:25 NIV
I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread.

Yes, ever since Eve and Adam sinned and were clothed and expelled from The Garden, God has provided for His children.

God has also instructed us to put Him first, take care of our families and neighbors, prepare and be vigilant, and put our trust in Him. Noah, Joseph in Egypt are two huge examples. Likewise, Ephesians exhorts us to be ready, and Acts provides accounts of Christians' obedient generosity and God's providence.

Using the wisdom, prudence, and resources God has blessed us with, we do keep a little extra around because this is a fallen, broken world, in which car break downs, snow storms, tornadoes, water main breaks, house fires, burglaries, sickness, injury, death, identity theft, bank issues, etc. happen. I'm not worried about the world ending because we won't be here, whether by Rapture or death (I'm old and Dad's elderly). I'm also not worried about not being able to care for ourselves or our neighbors, because even if we don't have "enough," God will provide what is needed out of His infinite bounty.

God's command to care for our families is why I advocate having USBs/other portable, plus off-site, back-ups of important documents. Stuff always happens here on Earth, and having something like this makes it much easier to recover or get restarted in another location.

God bless us all, and our families, neighbors, leaders, countries, and churches.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

alisani

Is it prudent to prepare and have some storage of food and necessities at home? Cash on hand? YES.

Absolutely. A friend of mine said once, "use the sense God gave you and lock your doors at night. But go to sleep trusting God for your protection, locked door or not.

Back