Should a Christian own a gun?

FaithnHope

Loved and changed by Jesus.
Its not normal to own a gun!
In our country its not normal to have a gun
Those are 2 very different statements. It is perfectly normal to own guns. It’s is also perfectly normal to own a gun in my little corner of our country. I’m not sure where you are from.

Fear is the big difference. If you are afraid of guns you absolutely should never own a gun. Some of us grew-up shooting cans off the back fence. We were taught to respect their power and that they weren’t toys. I am an adult woman, btw. In my family it was a very normal thing to do. It’s how we had food to eat most winters.

Andy C

Back to the op, and the original question “should a Christian own a gun”? No. You need a backup, so own at least 2 guns...,,:mafia:mafia

I miss the days where over a few decades in my old job, I fired

M16
45 pistol
LAW - anti tank missile
Dragon - bigger anti tank missile
TOW - even bigger anti tank missile
M60 Tank round
SAW and numerous other Machine guns
AT4 - bunker buster
M4 Rifle
50 Cal heavy duty Machine gun

Now, my little personal hand gun is not as fun, but if needed, can be deadly.

Praying none of us who own weapons will ever be in a situation where we have to engage our weapon at another person.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
I don't hope in my weapon, but will use it to protect myself, family, and others. The bible specifically says not to live by the sword or you will die by it.
Matthew 26:51-52 NKJV — And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear. But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!

M16
45 pistol
LAW - anti tank missile
M60 Tank round
AT4 - bunker buster
M4 Rifle
What was your favorite that you especially looked forward to firing, I always wanted to fire one of those mini Gatling guns that you see occasionally in the movies(Predator).

Praying none of us who own weapons will ever be in a situation where we have to engage our weapon at another person.
Agree, I pray all the time that I am not faced with that situation.

JSTyler

Just a general thought to add to the mix for those that DO NOT own or care to own firearms;

There are alternatives to owning a lethal firearm. One excellent less lethal option would be pneumatic powered shooters such as paintball or marker guns. There are even high quality variations of these made specifically for self defense. They're expensive and very hard to come by right now as demand is through the roof but the weekend warrior paintball gun is widely available.

The average paintball gun can shoot between 240-400 fps unmodified. These nasty, light weight, easy to use, easy to maintain, rapid fire machines can shoot up to 15 rounds per second with practice. They have hopper attachments that can hold 150-250 rounds (which are reusable) and the co2 or compressed air cylinders are good for between 1000-1500 constant shots.

There are many ammunition options that are more than adequate for basic home defense. Look into riot balls or "jaw/skull breakers" or even if you dare and IF they are legal for you to own/use, pepper balls (again, check the legality for these based on where you live...I'd never touch these for fear of a missfire in my crib). Again, this is a "less lethal" to "non lethal" option that any pedestrian ballistic weapons noob can legally and cheaply acquire, learn to use "safely" in an hour and are highly effective.

You can check out what they are capable of on your favorite video site. I recommend searching for "Skulbreaker demo" which shows a light blue car door/side panel taking the hits...thus no foul language or people in pain.

This option will not stop a determined armed invader but by and large is a better alternative than nothing sans harsh language and cross fingers.

Andy C

What was your favorite that you especially looked forward to firing, I always wanted to fire one of those mini Gatling guns that you see occasionally in the movies(Predator).

Agree, I pray all the time that I am not faced with that situation.
The dragon. It had a range of 1000 meters, and the missile was connected to the launcher by a wire guidance system. Once I pulled the trigger, the missile travelled approx 100 meters a second, so I could move the final impact of the missile a decent distance with my tracker device, as I said, connected to the missile.

I am glad I never had to deploy it in combat. I would’ve had to be within a 1000 meters of an enemy tank, and hopefully I had a shot on the tanks rear or side armor. In theory, I could fire from 1000 meters, the enemy tanks gunner could then see the backblast fire and dust kicking up from my tube launcher, the gunner could then traverse the tanks gun towards me within a few seconds, and kill me before the round I fired hit his tank. NOT GOOD ODDS FOR ME. The dragon has since been retired in 2001, and replaced with another and stronger anti tank missile.

Last edited:

sawas

Given the state of our on-going social devolution, I've been compelled to review and tweak our home defense situation as might be required. Having dealt with most of these concerns some number of years ago, there's not a lot to change (thank God). But, recent changes in state (*WA*) laws have made even those minor adjustments rather cumbersome, tiresome, and difficult, at best. Moreover, the current run on firearms and ammunition are severely limiting our options. This, for anyone who's been paying attention (having now stocked up on toilet paper) extends to a wide variety of items, like chest freezers, for instance.

I could (and rather easily) make the argument that it's actually the legal duty of all American citizens to be armed (as our Constitution implicitly states). However, I can't expect to press that argument on those for whom the concept seems so foreign and disturbing. I won't burden you with a civics lesson. When you don't grow up in a culture (or family) where the responsibility of handling any manner of "dangerous" machinery or tools is inculcated at an early age, it can appear to be a steep learning curve. In regards to guns, it was for me. So, I am sympathetic to those who find it a daunting prospect.

But, for those who are now on the fence, I suggest that you figure this out quickly. It's rapidly becoming too late to figure it out. I have many friends who are belatedly thinking about it and finding that it's become (quite literally) nigh-unto-impossible to solve. Don't wait.

JSTyler

Given the state of our on-going social devolution, I've been compelled to review and tweak our home defense situation as might be required. Having dealt with most of these concerns some number of years ago, there's not a lot to change (thank God). But, recent changes in state (*WA*) laws have made even those minor adjustments rather cumbersome, tiresome, and difficult, at best. Moreover, the current run on firearms and ammunition are severely limiting our options. This, for anyone who's been paying attention (having now stocked up on toilet paper) extends to a wide variety of items, like chest freezers, for instance.

I could (and rather easily) make the argument that it's actually the legal duty of all American citizens to be armed (as our Constitution implicitly states). However, I can't expect to press that argument on those for whom the concept seems so foreign and disturbing. I won't burden you with a civics lesson. When you don't grow up in a culture (or family) where the responsibility of handling any manner of "dangerous" machinery or tools is inculcated at an early age, it can appear to be a steep learning curve. In regards to guns, it was for me. So, I am sympathetic to those who find it a daunting prospect.

But, for those who are now on the fence, I suggest that you figure this out quickly. It's rapidly becoming too late to figure it out. I have many friends who are belatedly thinking about it and finding that it's become (quite literally) nigh-unto-impossible to solve. Don't wait.
100% :thumbup

1 Timothy 5:5-11

With emphasis on verse 8

fl2007rn

I would like to remind everyone to keep their doors locked and garage doors closed even if you are home! I live in a sleepy little town of 11,000 people, and two of my neighbors were robbed last month.

One of my neighbors leaves his garage door open all day because it is kind of like his man cave and he watches TV out there. He left his wallet in the garage and it was stolen.

The thief went across the street and checked a car door and found it unlocked with the keys inside. The thief stole the keys out of the car. Luckily my neighbor changed her house locks because they came back a week later and tried to enter her house. She called the police and a high speed chase ensued. The police caught the thief who resisted arrested and grabbed his taser. Luckily the police we able to wrangle the thief and take him to jail with nobody getting hurt.

fl2007rn

Back to the op, and the original question “should a Christian own a gun”? No. You need a backup, so own at least 2 guns...,,:mafia:mafia

M16
45 pistol
LAW - anti tank missile
M60 Tank round
AT4 - bunker buster
M4 Rifle

Now, my little personal hand gun is not as fun, but if needed, can be deadly.

Sounds like fun to fire those weapons! Many years ago I was in the 1st Armored Division in Germany and I got to ride along during a live fire exercise in an M1 Abrams tank. The whole tank shook when the rounds were fired!