Shortages in your area

DWB

Maybe this can be a companion thread to the gas prices. What shortages are you seeing in your area??

In Middle Tn

Sure Deodorant
Canned biscuits
Publix brand diet coke
Saltines (better this week)
Moist and Meaty dog food
Kawasaki Mule new from dealer (cheaper models)

cheeky200386

Maybe this can be a companion thread to the gas prices. What shortages are you seeing in your area??

In Middle Tn

Sure Deodorant
Canned biscuits
Publix brand diet coke
Saltines (better this week)
Moist and Meaty dog food
Kawasaki Mule new from dealer (cheaper models)
In central MA, chicken was the only item I noticed to be lacking significantly today. There was an abundance of produce and everything else really. Even the eggs were overflowing.

Mama Bug

It varies here. I've been having issues with getting the wet cat food that I normally buy. I have to get whatever I can find and sometimes I have two very unhappy cats. My male cat is especially picky and has been known to sniff it then turn his nose up and walk away. My female isn't as picky but can be at times. They are outside cats so they have the option of hunting for their own food.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
The tiny single serving 2 liter bottles? ;)

Right now the stores up here, except for the military commissary, seem to be pretty well stocked... which is rare these days.

The tiny bottles that come in 8-packs are perfect to take with you everywhere. You could twist one open anywhere and have a fresh and fizzy drink. So instead we buy the 6packs of bottles and big cartons of the cans from Sam's Club. I like to have a variety of sizes. :cloud9

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The tiny bottles that come in 8-packs are perfect to take with you everywhere. You could twist one open anywhere and have a fresh and fizzy drink. So instead we buy the 6packs of bottles and big cartons of the cans from Sam's Club. I like to have a variety of sizes. :cloud9

I mostly get the 16.9 or 16 oz bottles (depending on locality). If those get too expensive I'll buy 12 oz cans and pour them into a plastic bottle as I don't like drinking out of a can for some reason or other... I've gotten picky in my old age.

Mama Bug

Oh yeah, some frozen foods are getting hard to come by. My son eats those Totino's frozen pizzas on the weekends and they don't always have the supreme or triple cheese, which are his favorites. He's not overly picky though. There are other frozen foods too that I can't always find. So far not too many problems with produce. We're starting a garden and hopefully it will do well.

GotGrace

Frozen pizza, tv dinners, frozen vegetables, chicken patties and nuggets, hot dogs and Fairlife milk. Edited to add: I'm asking my brother and sister in law to buy extra food (if available and on sale) for my mother in law. She's on a fixed income and Bidenomics is starting to hit her pretty hard.
That's terrible. I'm sure the resident of Delaware will have steak and probably baked Alaska for dinner!!!!!:mad:

Andy C

Varies here also, the only things I can't find at all are the tiny bottles of Diet Pepsi and a meat seasoning I've used for 40 + years called Kitchen Bouquet.
Funny you mention tiny bottles. My wife loves diet pepsi, and is always disappointed when I can only find the tiny bottles. The normal size fits her drink cup perfect.

Stores here remain mostly well stocked on all products.

ShilohRose

Pillsbury canned cinnamon rolls. I haven't seen those for several months. What is missing often varies here. Now I can't find Nabisco Chocolate Pinwheels. For awhile, bacon was scarce. What really irritated me was when Smithfield bacon disappeared. The main processing plant for Smithfield bacon is in this area. The only thing I could figure was the Chinese began shipping it all to China. At some point, Smithfield was purchased by some Chinese company. I hate that.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
Funny you mention tiny bottles. My wife loves diet pepsi, and is always disappointed when I can only find the tiny bottles. The normal size fits her drink cup perfect.

Stores here remain mostly well stocked on all products.

Different sized bottles fit different activities-- at my desk I like the larger bottle, with dinner a smaller can and at the driving range the tiny bottles were perfect when practicing. :sad

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Nonexistent here:

Cheap gas (less than $1 a gallon)
Reasonably priced gas (less than $2 a gallon)
Bottles of dishwasher gel (instead of pods)
Boxes of dishwasher powder (instead of pods)
One particular brand of clothes detergent (all kinds)
Some varieties of organic heirloom vegetable seeds (non-GMO, non-heirloom are available in place of them, though)

Shortages here:

Some kinds of TP
Dishwashing soap
Some brands of dishwasher pods
Some brands and kinds of clothes detergent
Some OTC, but it could be cuz currently major seasonal allergies season
Pumpernickel bread
Whole wheat bread
Some brands of dental floss
Some brands of toothpaste
Grass-fed beef
Vehicle tires
Electric scooters (they're flying out of the stores as fast as they get them in)
Electric bicycles (they're flying out of the stores as fast as they get them in, too)
Commuter-type bicycles (medium and high-end ones flying out of the bike stores as fast as they get them in)
Some bicycle accessories

Ghoti Ichthus

More shortages here

Energizer hearing aid batteries (one particular size in the large package)
Energizer Universal Charge batteries (all sizes); the AAA and AA are totally nonexistent
Basic house set-up stuff (hit-and-miss) dish drainer racks, dish drainer rack mats, soap drainer thingees, el-cheapo cabinet organizers and towel rings/bars, peel-and-stick hooks, el-cheapo step-stools, some el-cheapo basic tools, etc., etc., etc.

TrustinHim

It varies here. I've been having issues with getting the wet cat food that I normally buy. I have to get whatever I can find and sometimes I have two very unhappy cats. My male cat is especially picky and has been known to sniff it then turn his nose up and walk away. My female isn't as picky but can be at times. They are outside cats so they have the option of hunting for their own food.
That is the only product I've seen out of stock in every store and certain flavors are sold out fast. My cat will only eat certain ones also, very spoiled. But eats mice so go figure. Bacon is absurdly high priced, over $7.00 lb. Canning jars are generally in short supply and everything is getting noticeably higher in price.

Ghoti Ichthus

That is the only product I've seen out of stock in every store and certain flavors are sold out fast. My cat will only eat certain ones also, very spoiled. But eats mice so go figure. Bacon is absurdly high priced, over $7.00 lb. Canning jars are generally in short supply and everything is getting noticeably higher in price.

God created those gross, detestable, yucky, smarmy, slithery, filthy, :puke creatures to be the perfect food for :catball

Back