Short People to the Rescue

jab777

I'm on the tall side and I probably eat twice as much as a lot of shorter people, though I see shorter people out there who must be eating twice as much as I do. I guess when the decree goes out to bring the population down to half a billion, they'll come after everyone over 6' first.
Well, I guess the shorter folks who eat like food is going to be outlawed aren’t a problem in the eyes of dipsticks who have nothing better to do than to try to height shame people. The heavy eating shorties just grow outward not upward so somehow that’s no problem. At least until someone notices and then they will be in the bullseye. I’m 5’2” and my mother was 4’11”. Thank God my Dad was 5’9”.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'm 6'3". Both of my boys were short compared to their peers. It really bothered my oldest boy and at some point in his young life he approached me with the issue and was hoping I could fix it. Because he was hurting I hurt too. Both boys made it to 5'10" before they stopped growing. I've told them they're fortunate they're a more average height as the world is built for average sized people.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
So true. We have a friend who is 6'5" and he had to have shower and other household fixtures made special for him.

When I fly I pay 2 or 3X for first class tickets because the space alloted in coach exacerbates all the aches and pains I have and it's bad enough that I prefer to be separated from my money than suffer in coach. I'd like very much to be 5'10" like my boys.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
the world is built for average sized people.

:soapbox :rant

I'm reminded of this every time I use the toilet, wash my hands, cook, do dishes, get stuff out of cabinets, clean, fix stuff, sit in chairs at the VA or other public places, drive my car, go grocery shopping, go clothes or shoe shopping, etc. Poor ergonomic fit of a lot of things actually contributes to my sciatica and other pain
:mad
ADA ergonomics favors average and tall people and can actually injure very short people (think shrinking, short, old women), many mobility and assistive devices simply aren't short enough for short adults and children's versions (when they exist) aren't proportioned correctly for adults, etc. Even petite clothing isn't proportioned right. Just cutting down the leg length and calling it petite isn't sufficient (alterations are horribly expensive, and some things simply can't be done) :mad And civilian uniforms :eek The discrimination against short people is systemic and ubiquitous.

There is far, far more accommodation for big and tall people than short and small people. Research studies have repeatedly shown that tall people consistently make more than short people and are hired more quickly, tall people are generally considered more qualified, attractive, and likeable than short people, and short/small kids are far more likely to get picked on or bullied.

Although really short and small is a huge advantage when the lead starts to fly, when walking among racks of clothing to arrest shoplifters or walking among or crawling under parked vehicles to arrest thieves and robbers, when first through a door on a warrant, when single-dog skjoring or sledding, etc., etc., etc. :lol

I've always been really short :lol

God made me this way, but I remember as a little kid blaming my Mom for it (she was short, too) :lol

:rant :soapbox

Last edited:
Back