Short People to the Rescue

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
A guest essay for the New York Times insisted that being short is "better" for the future to the amusement of several Twitter users on Sunday and Monday.

Author Mara Altman penned the essay remarking that not only do shorter people tend to live longer, but they’re also crucial in conserving food and resources in our dying planet.

"The short are also inherent conservationists, which is more crucial than ever in this world of eight billion. Thomas Samaras, who has been studying height for 40 years and is known in small circles as the Godfather of Shrink Think, a widely unknown philosophy that considers small superior, calculated that if we kept our proportions the same but were just 10 percent shorter in America alone, we would save 87 million tons of food per year (not to mention trillions of gallons of water, quadrillions of B.T.U.s of energy and millions of tons of trash),"

Altman went as far as to suggest people begin purposefully mating with shorter people in order to produce a shorter society.

https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproj...guest-essay-argues-short-people-better-planet

Well now, top this story!! Having been *short* my entire life, I guess I am a climate saving super hero.
What will they think of next???

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'm on the tall side and I probably eat twice as much as a lot of shorter people, though I see shorter people out there who must be eating twice as much as I do. I guess when the decree goes out to bring the population down to half a billion, they'll come after everyone over 6' first.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I am 5'3 1/2 " tall so they probably consider me a short person, and I know it when it is hard to ;) reach the shelves at the store. I need a ladder. I just read an article that said average height for women is 5'3'', and under 5' is short. Well all size :DChristians will live :thumbup :thumbup forever! Remember the song Short People by Randy Newman. https://vimeo.com/656715535 :yipee:yeah

Last edited:

Carl

I used to work with someone that had worked as a lineman in Canada. What he told me was that they liked to staff the workers with small people. They found that small people can do more work in a day and don't get as tired.
How big were the lumberjacks out west that started lumbering the redwoods? They used to eat 12,000 calories a day!

Carl

I'm 5'1.... People are constantly commenting on how "tiny" I am. One customer looked at me and said "Are you really that short?"..... I had to really bite my tongue, the temptation to say something snarky was quite powerful.
Well are you? Of course how can one fake that? I used to be 5'-4" but somewhere in the past few years I lost the 4 inches. I don't recall people picking on my size though. Course I never cared either.

Back