Shopping at Goodwill

vmoon

This afternoon I was treated to a shopping trip to Goodwill. I got a green linen blouse that will go great with all of my skirts. I got a yellow man's oxford to wear to work AND a pair of jeans! Oh yeah, also I got a small bag for my make-up. It was a spectacular day with my mama.

Lily

Looking Up
I was in need of a larger purse and had been looking for a while in the retail outlets. They were all too expensive for me, $30 and up is too expensive for me...

I had taken someone to shop at Goodwill and remembered that I was looking for a purse. I went in and found a really nice, new one (still had it's tag hanging) for $13.00. The label says it's Bass and the original price was $83.00!

I'm not familiar with Bass, but was amazed at what the retail asking price was! I was happy, happy, happy when I left the store. What a great find!

vmoon

I was in need of a larger purse and had been looking for a while in the retail outlets. They were all too expensive for me, $30 and up is too expensive for me...

I had taken someone to shop at Goodwill and remembered that I was looking for a purse. I went in and found a really nice, new one (still had it's tag hanging) for $13.00. The label says it's Bass and the original price was $83.00!

I'm not familiar with Bass, but was amazed at what the retail asking price was! I was happy, happy, happy when I left the store. What a great find!
I've gotten all kinds of great finds at Goodwill. :bouncies

sara ann

Goodwill is wonderful....books, cooking things such as bowls, pots and pans....lamps, socks, sports wear....I never shop anywhere else....of course the Grocery store...too bad Goodwill doesn't see food! then it would be one stop shopping...they would put Walmart out of business....if you have never tried it...it's fun and you save money!!!!!

ReadyforSupper

I buy most of my clothes from goodwill lol!
I have found the BEST skirts and shoes there!

I also buy Egyptian cotton sheets and turn them into napkins and night gowns, or a beautiful brocade or tapestry curtain panel and turn it into a skirt and jacket!

Tablecloths become nightgowns and embroidered petticoats, bed skirts inevitably end up as ruffled petticoats.

Goodwill is a blast!

Lily

Looking Up
I buy most of my clothes from goodwill lol!
I have found the BEST skirts and shoes there!

I also buy Egyptian cotton sheets and turn them into napkins and night gowns, or a beautiful brocade or tapestry curtain panel and turn it into a skirt and jacket!

Tablecloths become nightgowns and embroidered petticoats, bed skirts inevitably end up as ruffled petticoats.

Goodwill is a blast!
You have some clever ways to remake things. You are also blessed with good energy to accomplish all you do. I think the 'work of our hands' is important and you are always giving good examples.

With my health the way it is, I've lost some zest, and I sure miss it.

Keep on keepin' on... God Bless you. :hug

ReadyforSupper

You have some clever ways to remake things. You are also blessed with good energy to accomplish all you do. I think the 'work of our hands' is important and you are always giving good examples.

With my health the way it is, I've lost some zest, and I sure miss it.

Keep on keepin' on... God Bless you. :hug
Well sis, I've had to force myself to fully commit.. I have to be healthy to be strong.

Y'all know I've had this lifelong eating disorder, which, now that I'm nearing fifty, is starting to wearing me down physically. I don't have half the energy I used to, but twice the work. So, I have forced myself to eat and I have managed to gain 4 pounds.

I'm also gagging down Watkins Beef , Iron and Wine twice s day along with B12 injections.

I'm anemic and I don't usually consume more than 500-800 calories a day, yet I'm up before the chickens and sweeping at midnight (I can't stand sand on a wood floor...it gives me the willies)

But back to the topic, Goodwill is a fabulous place to get ready well made clothes. Eddie wears ties we could never afford because of Goodwill!

lynnjcksnjck

I think Goodwill is a gift from God! When my daughter went to her junior prom..as a single parent I could never afford what people were paying for the dresses..as much as a wedding gown! I took her to Goodwill..found her a long evening gown and shoes for about 20.00!!!! I was ecstatic and she looked beautiful. I wish I could get on facebook at work and download the pictures. She still has it too....I had extra money to get her hair and nails done..I thanked God that day!

Miss Bobbie

Saved, Baptized, Ready for Rapture!
Ladies, I simply must relate a Goodwill story. My best friend recently took me with her to visit family in Florida, and we hit all the thrift shops we could find. I found pillowcases and tablecloths and fabric yardage. The clerk asked me what I could do with those items, and I told her that I make girl's dresses for Christian missionaries to distribute. She liked idea so much that she reduced the prices. :)

Lily

Looking Up
Well sis, I've had to force myself to fully commit.. I have to be healthy to be strong.

Y'all know I've had this lifelong eating disorder, which, now that I'm nearing fifty, is starting to wearing me down physically. I don't have half the energy I used to, but twice the work. So, I have forced myself to eat and I have managed to gain 4 pounds.

I'm also gagging down Watkins Beef , Iron and Wine twice s day along with B12 injections.

I'm anemic and I don't usually consume more than 500-800 calories a day, yet I'm up before the chickens and sweeping at midnight (I can't stand sand on a wood floor...it gives me the willies)

But back to the topic, Goodwill is a fabulous place to get ready well made clothes. Eddie wears ties we could never afford because of Goodwill!
That's even more impressive that you're working through health issues. You do offer some clever ideas in your posts, you're very creative. I think that is really wonderful how you take what you have and give it your best.

I am sorry that you are suffering with these things though, I'm sure it would be nice for you to feel 'normal' now and then. I can see that God gives you the strength that you need. :hug

And I agree with everyone here, Goodwill is the best. I love shopping there when I can.

lynnjcksnjck

That's even more impressive that you're working through health issues. You do offer some clever ideas in your posts, you're very creative. I think that is really wonderful how you take what you have and give it your best.

I am sorry that you are suffering with these things though, I'm sure it would be nice for you to feel 'normal' now and then. I can see that God gives you the strength that you need. :hug

And I agree with everyone here, Goodwill is the best. I love shopping there when I can.
Readyforsupper is an amazing woman! I could only strive to be even close to the wonderful Christian that she is! :hug

Bron

Standing on the Promises of God!
There is a really wonderful goodwill store downtown that I have been to a couple of times. That store has got some very choice stuff! I hardly go there though because I don't like driving in the city with all the traffic. However with today's weather I doubt the traffic will be heavy! I do have four wheel drive on my old jeep after all :D:cheer
Of course I could always have my brother drive (hubby is at work). My brother and I play music together so when we have gigs in the cities he drives anyway.
If I go there today I hope to find some old vintage Christmas ornaments to add to my very wee collection.
:tree

ReadyforSupper

There is a really wonderful goodwill store downtown that I have been to a couple of times. That store has got some very choice stuff! I hardly go there though because I don't like driving in the city with all the traffic. However with today's weather I doubt the traffic will be heavy! I do have four wheel drive on my old jeep after all :D:cheer
Of course I could always have my brother drive (hubby is at work). My brother and I play music together so when we have gigs in the cities he drives anyway.
If I go there today I hope to find some old vintage Christmas ornaments to add to my very wee collection.
:tree
Standing, standing, standing on the promises of Christ my Savior. Standing standiiiiing...I'm standing on the promises of God! (I love your siggy!!)

DebbieN

Hi Ladies! Are you familiar with what Goodwill does with the money you pay for your items? They actually put special needs adults to work and pay them with the money they receive from selling their items. I was involved with Goodwill a few years ago. They had intentions to start a call station using blind individuals. My son Kenny is blind and I worked with an organization that works with the blind and visually impaired for 12 years.

They actually have a work program for special needs adults that they will employ them using the talents and gifts they are able to use. Certain stores like Target and others donate items I believe especially clearance items to the stores. You may find a new item there that no one purchased at Target!
I love Goodwill, it's fun to see the treasures you can find there :)

Enjoy shopping at Goodwill and know you're helping a special needs adults feel good about themselves! :)