Shooting in California church kills at least one, wounds four

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Shooting in California church kills at least one, wounds four
Multiple people were shot, including one fatally, Sunday in Laguna Woods in Southern California, the second mass shooting this weekend in the US. A male in his sixties was arrested.
By REUTERS
Published: MAY 16, 2022

Multiple people were shot, including one fatally and wounding at least four, at a church in Laguna Woods in Southern California, authorities said on Sunday, adding that a suspect was detained in connection with the shooting. A male suspect in his sixties was arrested. Churchgoers at a luncheon banquet reportedly captured and tied up the shooter. It was at least the second mass shooting of the weekend in the United States, which has been plagued with gun violence in recent years. In Buffalo, New York, on Saturday, a white 18-year-old man opened fire at a supermarket in a mostly Black neighborhood, killing 10 and wounding three in what authorities described as a purely racist attack.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-706799

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
From a couple stories I read this morning this "shooter" has a history of mental illness, why does this not come up during the weapons purchase process when your information is being sent to the ATF/FBI for verification, how did he pass the background check, or did he. It seems to be racism cut and dried, with him belonging or posting to social media site he would have been investigated or followed closely. Back in the old days people who had these types of disorders were dealt with in secure places until they were healthy enough to re enter society. Was this guy on medications for his issues, or was he not under a Dr.'s care, why do Journalists not do their jobs and do some digging/investigating like the used to do in the old days. I always ask the same questions on these kinds of shootings an attacks with weapons of any kind, whether someone is pushed on to the subway tracks or a person wielding an axe, there are too many people with mental issues running free, like the Vegas shooter from the hotel windows comes to mind, who is in charge and who is accountable, ok rant over for today, and my migraine is gone whoohoo I can think clearly and post again.

Last edited:

daygo

From a couple stories I read this morning this "shooter" has a history of mental illness, why does this not come up during the weapons purchase process when your information is being sent to the ATF/FBI for verification, how did he pass the background check, or did he. It seems to be racism cut and dried, with him belonging or posting to social media site he would have been investigated or followed closely. Back in the old days people who had these types of disorders were dealt with in secure places until they were healthy enough to re enter society. Was this guy on medications for his issues, or was he not under a Dr.'s care, why do Journalists not do their jobs and do some digging/investigating like the used to do in the old days. I always ask the same questions on these kinds of shootings an attacks with weapons of any kind, whether someone is pushed on to the subway tracks or a person wielding an axe, there are too many people with mental issues running free, like the Vegas shooter from the hotel windows comes to mind, who is in charge and who is accountable, ok rant over for today, and my migraine is gone whoohoo I can think clearly and post again.
Good questions these should have been answered someone is incompetent.

Carl

A house I know of was broken into and some hand guns were stolen. A couple of the guns were recovered from crime scenes, but some are still out there somewhere.

Question When these guns are sold on the black market does anyone think that a background check was done? All you have to do is know the right people and you can get all the weapons that you would want.