SHOCKER: Public University Shuts Down Student Drag Show

Dave123

A Texas university president canceled a drag show on the school’s campus, citing his Christian faith in his reasoning.

“Does a drag show preserve a single thread of human dignity? I think not,” West Texas A&M University (WTAMU) President Walter Wendler wrote in an email to students which he later posted on his blog.

The university president went on to call drag shows offensive and demeaning to women.

“As a performance exaggerating aspects of womanhood (sexuality, femininity, gender), drag shows stereotype women in cartoon-like extremes for the amusement of others and discriminate against womanhood. Any event which diminishes an individual or group through such representation is wrong.”

The drag show was intended to serve as a fundraiser for The Trevor Project, a nonprofit designed to help prevent suicide among individuals who identify as LGBTQ.

Wendler called this a “noble cause” but suggested the students “skip the show and send the dough.”

In his justification for canceling the show, Wendler compared these kinds of performances to blackface.

“Drag shows are derisive, divisive and demoralizing misogyny, no matter the stated intent,” the university president wrote. “Such conduct runs counter to the purpose of WT. A person or group should not attempt to elevate itself or a cause by mocking another person or group. As a university president, I would not support ‘blackface’ performances on our campus, even if told the performance is a form of free speech or intended as humor. It is wrong. I do not support any show, performance or artistic expression which denigrates others—in this case, women—for any reason.”

Wendler added that people deserve to be treated with dignity because they are made in the image of God.

read more at: https://www.toddstarnes.com/us/shocker-public-university-shuts-down-student-drag-show/

RedRx

Wow, this is a great story. And the way that this university president framed his objections to the drag show will really create problems for the leftists that will want to snap back with criticism. It’s difficult to argue for something that has been compared to blackface and that has been characterized as demoralizing to women. He even added that everyone is made in the image of God. It’s very encouraging to see.

It’s time to sit back and watch the various “marginalized groups“ start to fight amongst themselves. I need to come up with some catchy name for when liberals start turning on each other. Maybe the Alphabet Games or Battle of the Marginalized. The first rule about Alphabet Games is that you don’t talk about Alphabet Games. I’ll keep working on it.

depserv

This is a reminder of how important it is for God's people to get involved in deciding who runs these schools. We're paying for this, and we should not be forced to pay for the satanic indoctrination that has become the norm; I point this out because it is important to make clear that even those who do not have kids currently in school have a compelling interest in making sure the schools are being run by descent, God-fearing men and women who will maintain the schools as education centers, instead of the centers for satanic and Marxist indoctrination they have been turned into.

The devil worshippers always claim that Christianity can have no influence whatsoever on the education of our children because of the supposed separation of church and state, but those same devil worshippers have turned their religion, which some call secular Humanism, but which is more correctly called devil worship, into an official state religion, and they have turned the schools into indoctrination centers for that religion, with colleges advanced indoctrination centers.

This is a really big deal, especially the latter part, since no one gets into a management position, in or out of government, and no one gets a job in media, or education, who has not passed through an advanced indoctrination center. This dynamic tells us much about how the god of this world took control of most media, government, and many big businesses, as well as massive herds of indoctrinated cattle that can be led to stampede on command. This indoctrination in the schools is the origin of the fire that is consuming America.

It is important to note that the claim that Christianity can not be part of education is a lie. When the Constitution was written the enumerated rights (unless otherwise stated) only limited what the federal government could do. It is my understanding that when the Constitution was ratified a few states actually had an official religion. The 14th Amendment extended the limits on federal government power to state and local governments; this was done because southern states were passing laws taking rights away from the newly freed slaves, like their right to be armed for example.

This was a good amendment to pass, but there is no evidence whatsoever that I am aware of that it was the intent of Congress to make it illegal to have Christian morality banned from the government schools. The Supreme Court decisions making this illegal in my opinion were as illegal as the Roe v Wade decision, and should be repealed. If the parents and taxpayers in a community want organized prayer in the schools, and want Christian morality taught instead of devil worship, they have that right, and a legitimate government would recognize that right.

It is absurd to claim that it was the will of the authors of the Constitution (including the 14th Amendment), most of whom were Christian, that Christianity and Christian morality not be taught in the schools, or that there could not be organized Christian prayer in schools, but that the false morality of devil worship could be programmed into our children as an official state religion. What would the authors of our Constitution think if they knew their words had been twisted to mean that their own faith must be kept out of schools, but devil worship was required to be taught instead?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
As a woman (XX), who identifies as female (XX), I appreciate what he did :smile

There is so much violence directed toward women on college campuses, most of it by other students . . .

. . . and then the institution/system victimizes them all over again :furious

Last edited:
Back