Severe winter storm

Kem

Citizen
We now have almost 5' of snow since last evening and still snowing very heavily. Supposed to have at least 6-7' before it is over. One plow has gone down one side of the road once since last night. I think the fire engine could with care, make it down the road but the ambulance likely could not. Not a good situation here though dh and I are fine, I do have concerns for other folks in the area.

Kem

Citizen
Not usually but I did see the man next door closest to us out blowing his driveway earlier today. No one else seems to be even attempting. Probably several of us would check in another day or so if it continues.

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Father You know the needs of each person stranded in this storm better than any of us; we pray for Your providence to keep people safe through the storm. In Jesus' name, amen.

:praying:

lynnjcksnjck

Not usually but I did see the man next door closest to us out blowing his driveway earlier today. No one else seems to be even attempting. Probably several of us would check in another day or so if it continues.
:pray::pray::hug

Kem

Citizen
Best description I've heard yet is like being under a giant ski resort snow gun. Also weather report is saying if it continues as they expect we will break the all time 24 hour amount of snow falling for the entire US. Supposedly the plows are stuck and can't get out but that sounds just plain odd to me. Please pray that there are no fires or medical emergencies as the equipment just could not make it down the streets at all, probably not even the fire engines. It is bad out there.

araj54

I see where upstate NY is supposed to get 40-50 inches or more by Wed. afternoon. :willy:
:pray: Lord, protect your children, and all in the path of this storm. :pray:

anath

I Love the Lord
My brain can not fathom 5 feet of snow!
:whisper: asked DH what a snow gun is and he doesn't know either

kobaan

My brain can not fathom 5 feet of snow!
:whisper: asked DH what a snow gun is and he doesn't know either
Five feet of snow is a LOT in one snowstorm. We had 10 feet all season long last year.

A snow gun is a big piece of machinery that most commonly is used on ski slopes to manufacture snow. It is sort of like a snow blower, but instead of removing snow, it creates snow and blows it over the ski slopes. Sometimes they want to top dress existing snow to make it more ski-able and other times they will use it to create the base snow.

Kem

Citizen
Both sons have called to make sure we are ok though the one in Charleston, SC likely couldn't do much from there. lol Actually I think he really wanted to try again to persuade us to move down there. lol

anath

I Love the Lord
I'm sure your sons are concerned, Kem, and we are too. Please keep us updated if you can :hug

maryrae

Wow, Kem!
I don't know where you are located, but someone posted a photo on FB of snow piled deep under an overpass in western New York State, south of Buffalo on the Thruway. All I can say is WOW! Here in Ontario we are getting snow squalls off Lake Huron/Georgian Bay, with some snow and wind, but not like you poor people in NY,PA etc. :shocked

Sandee

I am jealous, I live in South Central Alaska, and we have yet to see 1 flake of snow. If you would be so kind to send us some of our snow back we would be very appreciative.

On a more serious note, that much snow in so short a time would stress anyone but a polar bear. I pray in agreement with all here for your protection. God can do amazing thing's, so let's ask Him for a miracle now.

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
I am jealous, I live in South Central Alaska, and we have yet to see 1 flake of snow. If you would be so kind to send us some of our snow back we would be very appreciative.

On a more serious note, that much snow in so short a time would stress anyone but a polar bear. I pray in agreement with all here for your protection. God can do amazing thing's, so let's ask Him for a miracle now.
:lol:

:praying:

Kem

Citizen
Some have died because ambulances cannot get to them and roofs are beginning to collapse. Dh and I are still ok so far.

Kem

Citizen
We have a break from the falling snow this morning but we are told that the break is in advance of another 24 to 36" coming tomorrow and Friday. Please pray for this area, guess I should have put this in the prayer thread but wasn't expecting it to be quite this bad when I started the thread. Anyhow I will post some pics later today to give you an idea of what it is like here in Western NY.