Seven Periods in each 2,000-year period

katt

I will explain later in detail on why your are confusing the count of the generation. You’re basically using Genesis 15 to get your definition of how many years a generation is and matching it with Mathew because it also mentions 14 generations.

Since Genesis 15 mentions 4th generation, and the Israelites were in captivity for 400 years, you’re taking 1 generation to be 100 years. Okay.

In Mathew it mentions 14 generations but in 3 pieces (so total 42 generations between Abraham to Christ)

Here is the verse in Mathew 1:17

“17 So all the generations from Abraham to David were fourteen generations, and from David to the deportation to Babylon fourteen generations, and from the deportation to Babylon to the Christ fourteen generations.”

So you are multiplying 42 x 100 to get 4,200 as the number of exact years between Abraham and Christ.

Before I go anywhere if this is your train of thought then there is a contradiction in Scripture. Why? I’ll give an example. Mathew specifically mentions the last set of the 14 generations were from “Babylon to Christ”. So according to you 1,400 years passed between Babylon captivity to Jesus?

Because according to the the Word of God and the prophecy Jeremiah and Daniel lays out exactly 70 years of Israel’s captivity in Babylon (Jeremiah 25:11-12) and Daniels prophecy ( Daniel 9:24-26) God lays out a 483 years will pass between the time Cyrus issued the decree to the death of Christ. In other words 70 + 483 gives us 553. That’s why most Christians agree the time between Babylonian Captivity and Christ is appropriate 500 ish years, not 1,400. It’s not because it’s man’s word, it’s because that is literally what scripture says.

This is why those 14 generations between Babylon and Christ can’t be no more than 500 and something years, as the Bible lays it out pretty detailed the exact number between Cyrus decree to the death of Jesus to be 483 years. The prophecy itself actually is 490 years but the remaining 7 is where we get our 7 years of tribulation. God fulfilled the first 483 years, a pause happened when Christ died at the 483rd year, but God will continue the rest 7 years during the tribulation.

That itself shows that the interpretations you are using to equate 100 years doesn’t work here. A generation is described as different years throughout scripture, I would honestly suggest to be more careful and do it in context.

Now of course Mathew also says between

Abraham to David was 14 generations,

David to Babylon was also 14 generations.

I covered the last part of Mathew 1:17
Which says Babylon to Christ was also 14 generations, although I showed that those 14 generations were actually with just 500 ish years. Meaning the generation count here is not 100 years per person. It’s most likely counting the exact amount of age somebody lived, not everyone between Daniels time period to Christ lived to exactly 100. Some probably sided before even adulthood or something.

I also assure you from David to Babylonian Captivity is not 1,400 years.
Neither is Abraham to David 1,400 years. All these can easily be back by scripture, I will do it a separate time if you want me to but I have work, but I just wanted to give an example by showing you the Babylon to Christ part.

If you still don’t agree that Babylon to Christ was approximately 500 ish years including the captivity itself. Then you have to explain what Daniels prophecy means. Is it literal or not? And if it’s not then we can’t even be certain of a 7 year tribulation.
Thank You, again I find a thread that makes me rethink my thoughts. In spite of myself, I am teachable. I had never considered the timeline in Daniel, which, had I given it a thought, would have told me how wrong my calculations are. So, if not the 100 year generational period in Genesis, which it clearly isn't, it must be one of the other two, which is 40 years or 70, I believe it's 70, will have to look it up to be certain. Anyhow, I learned something today. Thank you again for your patience.

Andy C

I will explain later in detail on why your are confusing the count of the generation. You’re basically using Genesis 15 to get your definition of how many years a generation is and matching it with Mathew because it also mentions 14 generations.

Since Genesis 15 mentions 4th generation, and the Israelites were in captivity for 400 years, you’re taking 1 generation to be 100 years. Okay.

In Mathew it mentions 14 generations but in 3 pieces (so total 42 generations between Abraham to Christ)

“17 So all the generations from Abraham to David were fourteen generations, and from David to the deportation to Babylon fourteen generations, and from the deportation to Babylon to the Christ fourteen generations.”

So you are multiplying 42 x 100 to get 4,200 as the number of exact years between Abraham and Christ.

Before I go anywhere if this is your train of thought then there is a contradiction in Scripture. Why? I’ll give an example. Mathew specifically mentions the last set of the 14 generations were from “Babylon to Christ”. So according to you 1,400 years passed between Babylon captivity to Jesus?

Because according to the the Word of God and the prophecy Jeremiah and Daniel lays out exactly 70 years of Israel’s captivity in Babylon (Jeremiah 25:11-12) and Daniels prophecy ( Daniel 9:24-26) God lays out a 483 years will pass between the time Cyrus issued the decree to the death of Christ. In other words 70 + 483 gives us 553. That’s why most Christians agree the time between Babylonian Captivity and Christ is appropriate 500 ish years, not 1,400. It’s not because it’s man’s word, it’s because that is literally what scripture says.

This is why those 14 generations between Babylon and Christ can’t be no more than 500 and something years, as the Bible lays it out pretty detailed the exact number between Cyrus decree to the death of Jesus to be 483 years. The prophecy itself actually is 490 years but the remaining 7 is where we get our 7 years of tribulation. God fulfilled the first 483 years, a pause happened when Christ died at the 483rd year, but God will continue the rest 7 years during the tribulation.

That itself shows that the interpretations you are using to equate 100 years doesn’t work here. A generation is described as different years throughout scripture, I would honestly suggest to be more careful and do it in context.

Which says Babylon to Christ was also 14 generations, although I showed that those 14 generations were actually with just 500 ish years. Meaning the generation count here is not 100 years per person. It’s most likely counting the exact amount of age somebody lived, not everyone between Daniels time period to Christ lived to exactly 100. Some probably sided before even adulthood or something.

Neither is Abraham to David 1,400 years. All these can easily be back by scripture, I will do it a separate time if you want me to but I have work, but I just wanted to give an example by showing you the Babylon to Christ part.

If you still don’t agree that Babylon to Christ was approximately 500 ish years including the captivity itself. Then you have to explain what Daniels prophecy means. Is it literal or not? And if it’s not then we can’t even be certain of a 7 year tribulation.
You nailed - home run…..Well said brother.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun

Man someone's been to bible study lately , awesome read brother !!

Dave_97

Man someone's been to bible study lately , awesome read brother !!
Thanks but honestly, I actually want to launch a deeper dive study on the book of Daniel. I think it provides a really good understanding of eschatology. I also want to see various end times teachers perspectives on it as well. I know Andy woods has like an entire series for free on it. I would advise most people who love eschatology to do the same. The whole debate between pre millennial or amillennial, pre or post tribulation, can easily be shut down when one understands the book of Daniel. Example, The first 483 years were for Israel, why should the remaining 7 include the church? You know?

I also want to really study the distinction between Israel and the church. This is another area that causes people to not have a pre millennial, pre tribulation view. While I know the basics, I honestly want to be able to explain to people from the scripture why God has not forgotten the nation of Israel. Some Christian’s believe the book of Daniel, Revelations, and other eschatological areas of scripture are too obscure to understand today, but I believe there areas that are very clear taught in the scriptures especially concerning the role of Israel, the Church, and in what sequence the rapture takes place.

Dave_97

Thank You, again I find a thread that makes me rethink my thoughts. In spite of myself, I am teachable. I had never considered the timeline in Daniel, which, had I given it a thought, would have told me how wrong my calculations are. So, if not the 100 year generational period in Genesis, which it clearly isn't, it must be one of the other two, which is 40 years or 70, I believe it's 70, will have to look it up to be certain. Anyhow, I learned something today. Thank you again for your patience.
Again I appreciate you taking Gods word at for what it says. I’m also glad I was able to help. We are all here to learn more about the truth about Gods word and help each other out. I’m still very much a young student of the Word myself trying to learn things too.

daygo

Again I appreciate you taking Gods word at for what it says. I’m also glad I was able to help. We are all here to learn more about the truth about Gods word and help each other out. I’m still very much a young student of the Word myself trying to learn things too.
We all are, wild thinking at the moment but with all the trouble with China, Russia, North Korea etc cannot see a owg for 2030, cannot see one for many many years but can see some sort east west divide as per Daniel statue. Five in west 5 in east and as clay and iron don't mix so these won't either with all the trouble that can bring. Repeat not dogmatic I can be wrong but it is very interesting.

Last edited:

rks7777

I don’t want to make light of all the work done here but I’m not sure what the take away is on this thread. A lot of math and I’m not a math wiz. From a layman’s perspective what is the take away on this thread? Can someone explain it to me like I’m a 3 year old. Thanks

Hidden

I don’t want to make light of all the work done here but I’m not sure what the take away is on this thread. A lot of math and I’m not a math wiz. From a layman’s perspective what is the take away on this thread? Can someone explain it to me like I’m a 3 year old. Thanks

Hello. Oh there's lots of takeaways. Lately many teachers and people interested in prophecy have started to point out that aside from the classic 7 dispensations that I assume many of us are familiar with, there's another layer of that we can look into that there seems to be a general shift that occurs every 2,000 years. This thread is in support of that. I wanted to show that that hypothesis is true.

I believe that every jot and tittle in the Bible is meaningful and has a purpose. The same applies to the time markers that the Spirit has put in place all throughout the Scriptures. The genealogies and the dating are significant otherwise the Spirit wouldn't mention it there. For example, Arpachshad being born to Shem two years after the flood is significant, as far as determining the years from the flood to right before God called Abraham.

Aside from having a general sense of where we are now in God's prophetic timeclock, it also gives us a deeper insight into the redemptive history that He had laid out before the foundation of the world. The 2,000-year duration for each of this segment is by no means coincidence. Romans 2 further brings into focus how salvation is unmerited and that on our own, we can never earn our salvation, and I believe the same is reflected into these 3 segments:

First 2,000 Years - Gentiles (Romans 2:12 For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law.)
Second 2,000 Years - Israel (all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.)
Third 2,000 Years - Church (Rev. 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe.)

We see here there's an overarching theme as far as man's redemptive history goes. It's a delight and a blessing to study these things as they increase our understanding and in the end, we praise God for it. I pray this would become more mainstream in churches not just relegated to scholarly studies, especially now that we are literally nearing the end of the 2,000-year segment of the Church. "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings." (Proverbs 25:2)

daygo

Interesting Hidden, cannot see UK churches doing anything remotely like this, but you never know.

rks7777

Thanks so much for the response. I understand much better. Your comment about this being more mainstream in churches and not relegated to scholarly studies resonated with me. While I attend a good Bible believing church this type of deep dive into end times prophecy would not be taught even though it’s a pre-trib believing church. Thanks again.
We see here there's an overarching theme as far as man's redemptive history goes. It's a delight and a blessing to study these things as they increase our understanding and in the end, we praise God for it. I pray this would become more mainstream in churches not just relegated to scholarly studies, especially now that we are literally nearing the end of the 2,000-year segment of the Church. "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings." (Proverbs 25:2)

Dragontiger777

Here is a big question about this

Hosea 6:1-3

“Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.
2 After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.

3 Let us acknowledge the Lord;
let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth.”

1 possible) After two days He will revive us after two thousand years...(Kind of Rapture) then 3 days restore us (Thousand year with Him) as Healing "Israel"

2 possible) Almost Jesus died on Cross then buried then 3rd Raise "Restore us to God as Jesus is Middle between us to Father.

Just "Two Pennies my though" Hearing Idiom.

Back