Seeing and hearing from people in hell?

RestInHim

I was listening to a series from Pastor Billy Crone called "Enemies Within The Church" Part 2. At the end of it there was a man called Ron Reagan who was clinically dead and had visions of hell and people from their speaking to him.

I can't find anywhere in Scripture where this can be supported?

paul289

The closest we have is Jesus telling about the rich man and Lazarus, how the rich man wanted to tell his family to repent and believe, but Abraham telling him that it would be useless. However, there's also Saul getting Samuel's spirit raised from the grave, though that wasn't hell, necessarily.

I mean, it's possible that God allowed this man to receive visions and messages of the dead so that people can be warned about hell, and it's also possible that he's just making things up. But we do know that Jesus told us about hell quite a lot, and that it's not a fun place to be.

Wally

Say something Righteous and Wholesome...
The problem with messages from hell is its the abode of satan. Lies and falsehood permeate the place.

What ever we were to hear from there is so influenced by satan we should not trust it.

Yet God has used visions to motivate people. Perhaps we should see how Ron is doing.

And then we have this somber warning:
Luke 16: 31
“But he told him, ‘If they don’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded if someone rises from the dead.’”

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I was listening to a series from Pastor Billy Crone called "Enemies Within The Church" Part 2. At the end of it there was a man called Ron Reagan who was clinically dead and had visions of hell and people from their speaking to him.

I can't find anywhere in Scripture where this can be supported?
I'm surprised Billy Crone would have someone on like that?

He's usually very solid and strong in bis discernment ministry and what to look out for

cheeky200386

I'm surprised Billy Crone would have someone on like that?

He's usually very solid and strong in bis discernment ministry and what to look out for
I'm surprised too. Plus it always seems like the visions from hell make it seem like demons are having fun torturing people. I don't see anything in the Bible saying that Hell is a place for Demons to have fun being cruel.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
This Ron Reagan is a pastor and a globe trotting missionary for the last 50 years. His reputation and body of work seem pretty solid, but who knows.

Near death experiences are just not a reliable source of information, for many reasons.
Ron Reagan of Meadow Church of God?

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Was it a vision of Hades (current holding place - Satan is not here, he still is roaming) or the Lake of Fire (eternal holding place)? Not the same place and the Lake of Fire does not exist yet but both can be called Hell.

Like other have said, Jesus said it wouldn't do any good for you to come back and tell people about it, they won't listen. They have the scriptures already - final authority.

I always thought of these visions and dreams being promoted as kind of gimmicky :shrug

JSTyler

I'm very cautiously reserved about this topic, grain of salt, cautious. However, reading Acts 2:17 requires that I ask myself, self, "is this simply a condition of living in the last days, if not the last of the last days?"

I can't take any of it as theology or doctrine but it begs the question.

Anecdote time;

In our years serving the ministry we volunteer for, we've had financial resources, desperately needed financial resources, show up when needed, out of the thin blue, and never doubted for a second the spiritual nature of the provision. Once, we needed some very hard to obtain parts for plumbing repairs. The box that we had them in was empty (small box, held in one hand kind of box, shook it and looked in it, clearly empty box) when we checked. All my fault and a foolish oversight on my part for not being prepared, until a few minutes later when we needed to move it to get to what was behind it. It rattled this time, and there were two pieces that were not there before. I'm not a bright bulb, not educated, not in any way prepared for the challenges we/I face (and have faced for the best part of two decades) on an annual, monthly, weekly if not daily and hourly basis, but that said, I've been given knowledge I never earned, technical knowledge, on the spot, to do repairs and solve complex dilemmas knowledge, impossible mountain sized obstacles that require professional intervention knowledge...all of it so far above my 'pay-grade' (heh, pay...what's that?) it's not possible to take the next step sort of knowledge, without falling flat on my face in shell-shocked amazement knowledge, at what our God will do for those that love Him.

We've been doing this for a very long time. Our conclusion is that scripture is clear when it states that, and I paraphrase, 'The fear of God is the beginning of knowledge' and 'That fear of God is the beginning of wisdom'. I'm thankful that I've been blessed to personally witness God running His million-billion watt power through my 1 watt system to get required results. Balaam's donkey comes to mind and I hope I can attain to her stature.

I don't buy into dreams and visions of "I spent ____ in ____ and came back to tell all!" Paul was clear about what he could and could not speak on. However, I can't discount the ability of our infinite, loving God and His ability to communicate His knowledge and wisdom to those in need, when needed, and in the manner required.

Think on all of the Muslims and Chinese and others that are coming to faith through direct, divine intervention.

What an awesome and mighty God we serve.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
I'm not a bright bulb, not educated, not in any way prepared for the challenges we/I face (and have faced for the best part of two decades) on an annual, monthly, weekly if not daily and hourly basis, but that said, I've been given knowledge I never earned, technical knowledge, on the spot, to do repairs and solve complex dilemmas knowledge, impossible mountain sized obstacles that require professional intervention knowledge...all of it so far above my 'pay-grade' (heh, pay...what's that?)
I remember back when I used to repair equipment. At least 3 times that I can remember I was called into facilities that I never worked in before. I worked on specific machines and these were not ones I usually worked on or knew much of anything about. I remember being in the room alone (probably after hours) in a quiet facility. I just got down on my knees and prayed for God to help me fix these things and He did. One time a completely dead machine came back to life by just turning a switch. Everyone else had tried and it didn't work for them. The facility went years without calling about that machine again. Another time I prayed over a machine and tightened some screws and it fired right back up. The last time I miraculously knew exactly where to look to find a broken wire/connector out of 100s which was then repaired and fixed.

I know there were many other examples. It brings back such amazing memories of working with God on your mind. I can testify that He is amazing and I cannot explain how He works.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I remember back when I used to repair equipment. At least 3 times that I can remember I was called into facilities that I never worked in before. I worked on specific machines and these were not ones I usually worked on or knew much of anything about. I remember being in the room alone (probably after hours) in a quiet facility. I just got down on my knees and prayed for God to help me fix these things and He did. One time a completely dead machine came back to life by just turning a switch. Everyone else had tried and it didn't work for them. The facility went years without calling about that machine again. Another time I prayed over a machine and tightened some screws and it fired right back up. The last time I miraculously knew exactly where to look to find a broken wire/connector out of 100s which was then repaired and fixed.

I know there were many other examples. It brings back such amazing memories of working with God on your mind. I can testify that He is amazing and I cannot explain how He works.

Just recently, we may have had a miracle with our broken fridge coming back to life :hyper Posts 3644, 3654, 3699, and 3917 in the What Happened to You Today Thread. Prayers had been for repairs to be easy and cheap, but I believe God went way better and fixed it Himself.

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I think some near death experiences (NDE) are people lying for various reasons. And some people may be exaggerating, embellishing, minimizing, or mistaken. And there could be demons at work that make it seem to some people that they are going to Heaven or seeing loved ones, when, in fact, the person is unsaved and going to Hell. And God could be sending visions or dreams to people that are interpreted as NDE because they happened when the person was in a coma, actively dying, or had been pronounced dead or was being resuscitated.

However, I think some NDE are probably real, both the good ones and the bad ones. I think advancement of medical science and knowledge has increased the numbers of these experiences when compared to early 20th Century and before. Aside from the various books and testimonies of people that claim to have had NDE, there's a book (also available in part as pdf) Dying Testimonies of the Saved and Unsaved, and numerous reports from third-party witnesses, such as nurses, to the last words of dying people, which corroborate or at least point to what people experience at and after death. Further, some people's lives have been drastically different for the good after both good and bad NDE. Additionally, as early as the 13th Century, dying declarations were accepted in courts of law.

I think Christians in the West are less accepting of NDE than Eastern Christians because different outlook on and attitude toward faith (logic vs mysticism). I also think the more mystical outlook on and attitude toward life in general in the East means dreams and visions from God are more readily accepted and acted on by the people experiencing them.

To God alone belongs the glory!

JSTyler

I did see the video from the OP.
I did not see this Ron Reagan individual in said video.
I also didn't see anyone talking about NDE's in the video.

Am I missing something here??
If I recall, Billy mentioned it in passing and with a cautionary caveat. I listened rather than watched, and it was a while ago, so I can't attest to any visuals. I certainly don't remember any discomfort in my spirit from anything he said...aside from his constant allusions to his aversion to all things chicken, in all forms. I love the taste of chicken and eggs and even have taken a shine to our small flock, though they are truly feathered monsters.

A family member commented while watching ours chase about a bunch of crickets we caught for them with, "Hey! Aren't you glad they don't grow to six feet tall?" I got chills.

JSTyler

I can't wait to compare stories with you! It may not be until eternity, but consider it a date. Your words could have come directly from my mind to my keyboard.

RedRx

I find NDE testimonies fascinating. Not sure how many are legitimately NDEs but in some cases it’s difficult to explain the information the person involved knew. They couldn’t have been in a position to have such knowledge.

I also think explaining all of them as simply a result of lack of oxygen or a side effects of meditation is a mistake. There are too many similarities to the testimonies of people that have experienced them to use this explanation 100% of the time.

For example, if you gave 100 people a drug (assuming of course this was somehow ethical) that is known to cause hallucinations you’d expect most if not all of the patients would experience some kind of hallucination. What you don’t expect is for these patients to experience the same hallucination. Yet with NDEs there is remarkable consistency with aspects of their experiences that to me indicates there might be something going on we don’t fully understand.

I think some people describe things that have no basis in Biblical text. But others describe experiences that are quite compelling and again include things the person involved should not have known. Maybe this is something I need to add to the list of things I will ask Jesus when the time comes.

Just my opinion. I could be completely wrong. But I can give you examples of experiences that are really strange and difficult to dismiss.

Kerbluey

…... I think advancement of medical science and knowledge has increased the numbers of these experiences when compared to early 20th Century and before. Aside from the various books and testimonies of people that claim to have had NDE, there's a book (also available in part as pdf) Dying Testimonies of the Saved and Unsaved, and numerous reports from third-party witnesses, such as nurses, to the last words of dying people, which corroborate or at least point to what people experience at and after death.….
This is an interesting book. I downloaded the first section last night and stayed up way too late reading.