Second question

Discussion in 'The Rapture, Bible Prophecy, and End Times Chat' started by CSL, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Salluz

Salluz Well-Known Member

What do you mean by this statement?

Andy C, Lynn, Luke12 and 2 others like this.
  2. Work4Peanuts

Work4Peanuts Well-Known Member

There's one other thing I haven't seen mentioned (but maybe I've just missed it.) The rapture is supposed to take place when the fullness of the gentiles is complete. It's a number that God is looking for. He is not going to rapture the church until everyone who will be saved before the rapture is saved. To want to stay behind after the rapture to save other people is to second guess God and His good timing and perfect will.

The commandment that Jesus gives us is to love God with every part of our being, and then to love others as ourselves, in that order. When that is out of order, then loving our neighbor becomes idolatry.

I would not stay behind to witness to more people. If God were to ask me to come back (say, as one of the two witnesses) I would do whatever He desired. But He will not ask me to come back, so it's really a moot point.

3. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

Amen!

God's perfect plan is perfect (redundant on purpose). Since God will be taking up all those who are Believers in the Rapture, He clearly isn't needing our help during Tribulation.

4. greg64

greg64 Well-Known Member

He definitely has it covered, and perhaps our departure will spur many to change their mind and see the truth. For others, they will probably rejoice and harden further. But Israel will be drawn back over this period and 144,000 of them will continue the job probably like it's never been done since the days of the apostles.

Still, I took the original question to a different place -- if we would be willing to stay behind to save some loved ones, what are we doing now? It's a sobering thought -- and a convicting one for me.

SonSeeker, Len, Kem and 10 others like this.
  5. Jeff K

Jeff K Well-Known Member

You are so correct!
    I should have included references and put a little more thought into my post.

2 Thessalonians 2:7-12 states, "For the mystery of the lawlessness is already at work; only He who restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all righteousness deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them a strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

Once the Holy Spirit stops holding back evil, we have no clue how powerfull Satan's influence will be. We also know that multitudes will get saved throughout the Tribulation - through the working of the Holy Spirit.

But - with the power of Satan unleashed and a strong delusion from God as stated in the Word, I would not take my chances.

Thanks for the post Len!

SonSeeker, Len, Lynn and 7 others like this.
  6. Steve53

Steve53 Well-Known Member

Can't speak for Channah, but I took it as two separate lines of thought. Her preceding comment was that if you are a believer, you will be raptured. Then, the above...just struck me as maybe she meant if you reject Christ...IDK?

SonSeeker, Andy C, Salluz and 2 others like this.
  7. Salluz

Salluz Well-Known Member

I just always think it's good to clarify. If not for the sake of the regulars here, for the sake of someone who might just be passing by

Mish, chaser, SonSeeker and 5 others like this.
  8. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

IMO, if someone is saved, and can forfeit their salvation by walking away from their faith, that would mean that our all knowing God made a mistake in indwelling that person with His Holy Spirit. Since we know He can not make mistakes, once saved, always saved, forever sealed.

9. Channah

Channah Well-Known Member

Like a Steve said. You will be raptured if you are a believer. I read the Book of Hebrews that is why I say if you walk away. The Bible talks of people who followed Jesus then they turned back.

10. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

And if they DO walk away and deny Christ unto their death, then they were never saved in the first place ... as, sadly, many are not -- regardless of their earthly profession of faith in Christ. (Matthew 7:21-23)

11. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

Thanks for adding this, as I should've included the below:

1 John 2:
    18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Everlasting Life, Lynn, Jan51 and 9 others like this.
  12. GotGrace

GotGrace Well-Known Member

I am getting out of Dodge. I am not staying here. Almighty God is more than able to handle things after I’m gone. My job before I fly is to be in the word and prayer and to shine my light. The Lord already knows who will be saved during the tribulation and doesn’t need any of us to hang around and help out. I don’t think true believers could hang around if they wanted to.:ring

13. Kem

Kem Citizen

I looked at his signature and it says "CSL member". This apparently stands for Centers for Spiritual Living which is a group founded in 1926. It is based on some of the teachings of Mary Baker Eddy. This info came from Wikipedia so I won't post the link here.

14. kathymendel

kathymendel Well-Known Member

I think this question shows the importance of sharing the Gospel with our unbelieving loved ones, now while we are here and able to do so. We are not called to miss the rapture and remain here to continue witnessing to people who have never listened to us and received the good news. God has other plans...........the 144,000 sealed Jews, the two witnesses, the angels speaking. And, the fact that those left behind can think back on the things we Christians tried to share with them. I will pray for my unsaved friends and family (loved ones) and seek to live my life bringing glory to God during the remaining years of my life. But, when I am called by God - by either death or the rapture - I will be thrilled to go and experience what God has for me. They will still be in a place to make their own decision, as only they can do.

15. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

Haha, my first guess was C.S. Lewis....

16. Salluz

Salluz Well-Known Member

When you learn his name was Clive Staples Lewis you can imagine why he chose to abbreviate :lol

17. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

Good catch. I knew something seemed hinky but did not have time to check anything out. He's possibly a sincere spiritual seeker, but possibly not a true believer in Jesus Christ in the Biblical way. But, of course, I do not know him so I could be wrong. Let's see how things develop.

Salluz and chaser like this.
  18. Watching and Waiting

Watching and Waiting Well-Known Member

The "member" part of his name, is not in his name at all. It is his status on RF. For eg. I am, and most of us are, "well known member" new members start out as member from memory.
    You might be right, but it may also be his initials. I do think his OP question comes across as 'off' but can't quite put my finger on it. I am thinking a bit of a 'stirrer', as we say in Australia.

19. Kem

Kem Citizen

As to his question, it appears to me that he is doing at least two things that are off.
    1. Asking a what if question that simply cannot happen so there is no point considering the what if.
    2. Suggesting that we or he should expect more of ourselves or himself than the Lord asks. There are some implications to that that we should beware of.

20. Kem

Kem Citizen

Could be his initials rather than the religious group, perhaps he will tell us.