Second question

Salluz

I took this question to be: would you give up salvation if it meant witnessing to another? Putting aside the idea if whether such a things was possible (I don't think it is), my answer is 'No'. Not even for my kids whom I would sacrifice anything else for. Jesus said you needed to put Him first, before all others. Our relationship with Him is what He wants us to focus on and I don't think we win brownie points by saying we'd trade our salvation for someone else.

Fortunately we aren't ever going to be asked something like that, so it's a moot point, but I suppose it is worth thinking about if your salvation really is the most important thing in your life or not.
Amen. Jesus already traded his life, so it would be double dipping if we tried to think about trading our own salvation. Besides, if someone decides not to put their faith in Christ, it's that person's choice. I want to spend forever with God and they don't; why would I be in a place I don't want to be forever to put them in a place they chose not to be as well? Even for the dearest people in my life I wouldn't trade my salvation. And I wont ever need to since Jesus' death is sufficient for everyone. Not fruitful to ponder it honestly

CSL

Sorry I never meant to imply that you give up your salvation to save another or even imply that God would ever ask a person to do that for God would never be unfair. The question was more inline of would you stay if you could preach his word to save one other person not so smart to accept Jesus on this side of the rapture.

As a child I think I read Revelation around the age of 8 or 9. I wasn't old enough to understand the rapture. I prayed likely for ten years or more not to be present when the tribulation occurred. I have read this site for at least ten years, even more so in the last few years when I realized we are likely less than ten years before God brings his judgement. The article in today's news section about God and numbers making me feel it will likely happen in less than three. Will he grant my prayers as a child and rapture me, I pray he does.

Look at my avatar. John20:29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” in other words Faith. As a child I had faith, as an adult I have been given proof. I have been compelled in the past to do certain things that made no sense at the time, one was how I met my wife, one saved my life, one help an elderly woman and at least three times when I went toe to toe with the devil. I would have lost if I had not called on the grace of God. Faith is for those who believe and have not seen, I find myself on the other side because I have been given proof. I was compelled to post those questions with a lot of thought. I ask God to forgive me if I failed to ask them correctly or reply correctly. I read several good replies, and I think now I know why I was compelled to ask. Some will walk away confused as this was not meant for them. Some will walk away blessed. Some need to think about their response. I believe His judgement will come sooner than of any of us really think. I now feel my time on this forum is done and again I ask God for forgiveness if I did not do this correctly.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I never meant to imply that you give up your salvation to save another or even imply that God would ever ask a person to do that for God would never be unfair. The question was more inline of would you stay if you could preach his word to save one other person not so smart to accept Jesus on this side of the rapture.

As a child I think I read Revelation around the age of 8 or 9. I wasn't old enough to understand the rapture. I prayed likely for ten years or more not to be present when the tribulation occurred. I have read this site for at least ten years, even more so in the last few years when I realized we are likely less than ten years before God brings his judgement. The article in today's news section about God and numbers making me feel it will likely happen in less than three. Will he grant my prayers as a child and rapture me, I pray he does.

Look at my avatar. John20:29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” in other words Faith. As a child I had faith, as an adult I have been given proof. I have been compelled in the past to do certain things that made no sense at the time, one was how I met my wife, one saved my life, one help an elderly woman and at least three times when I went toe to toe with the devil. I would have lost if I had not called on the grace of God. Faith is for those who believe and have not seen, I find myself on the other side because I have been given proof. I was compelled to post those questions with a lot of thought. I ask God to forgive me if I failed to ask them correctly or reply correctly. I read several good replies, and I think now I know why I was compelled to ask. Some will walk away confused as this was not meant for them. Some will walk away blessed. Some need to think about their response. I believe His judgement will come sooner than of any of us really think. I now feel my time on this forum is done and again I ask God for forgiveness if I did not do this correctly.
Thank you for the clarification I think from the reports I got people did not understand where you were coming from.I think some thought it was a "doubt your salvation" type thing. I think the ambiguous nature of the questions left a lot of people scratching their heads. Anyway...

I hope you stick around. Maybe introduce yourself in the new members forum. :)

Mary Cole

His judgement is not meant for those of us who belong to Him. We are His bride. He will come to take us to His home in Heaven. Remember, He has gone to prepare a place for us, in Heaven, and will come to take us to be with Him forever. Once we are gone, He will start the Tribulation as soon as the anti-christ confirms a covenant with Israel for 7 years. Those same 7 years are called the Tribulation. During that time, He will be judging those left behind with the seals, trumpets and bowls judgements. Please understand. We, those of us who are saved, will never be left behind. We have been promised that we have the Blessed Hope of eternity in Heaven with Him. The Holy Spirit indwells us as a down-payment, guaranteeing we are saved from His wrath, and that we will be with Him throughout eternity.

Anewcreationinjesus

To me it's very straightforward - those who have responded to the holy spirit's conviction - God be merciful to me a sinner - and have accepted the fathers free gift of salvation, are born again, indwelt by the holy spirit and being sanctified, that wonderful salvation miracles where we simply want to please the father and ain't happy with sinning anymore, we've been made alive in Jesus, we who were dead in trespasses and sins, and everyone who is born again has a "before" and "after"! As promised, at the episynongogue (not a Greek expert, but I love that word 2 Thessalonians 2 - gathering together!) ...that wonderful wonderful moment when finally finally both the dead in Christ and those who are alive and remain, are gathered to be with Jesus forever - every person who is born again is included.

People sadly who haven't responded to the conviction of the holy spirit concerning sin before that time who prefer deception rather than the truth of God be merciful to me a sinner, will be in that 7 year period of the 70th week of Daniel.

None of us want anyone we know to be in that 70th week, so it's a case of praying and sharing the truth where possible, only God knows those who are going to believe the truth at this incredibly late-seeming stage ...

GotGrace

Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." John 6:29

Now to reply to the OP: even if I were given the choice to stay behind in the rapture (I won't be given a choice besides the one I already made to trust Jesus as my savior)... there is absolutely no way I would choose to stay here. First off, like others have said: it is only God that saves. I trust him to save who will be saved. No one is ever condemned to hell except by their own choice to not accept Jesus. There will be no excuses. And God doesn't need me specifically to do his work during the tribulation.

The Church is really in an amazing position of blessing both now and into eternity that no group will ever know besides us. I wouldn't trade that closeness with God for anything. And I don't want to be around for any of the judgments. I never want to know what it's like to be on the receiving end of God's wrath. Thanks to Jesus I never have to know what that's like, so I don't even want to consider it.
Hallelujah what a Savior!

Jeff K

I think the Lord Jesus Christ answered the fruitlessness of your question in Luke 15 when He spoke of the rich man and Lazarus.

Luke 15:27-31
While being tormented in hell, the rich man then said to Abraham, "I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him (Lazarus) to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment. Abraham said to him, they have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, no, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent. But he said to him, if they will not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead."

It will be much harder after the Rapture with the influence of the Holy Spirit removed and the fact that God is going to send a strong delusion that many believe the lie.

We must be diligent to share the Word of God while we are still here.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I think I understand what you might be getting at now. And, I might be misunderstanding, so forgive me if I'm missing your point. :)

It sounds like you might be asking how fervent and concerned one is to share the Gospel for the lost, even to the point of foregoing the rapture if possible? Is one filled with compassion and love, propelling them to urgently share the Good News?

If so, this reminds me of this passage: My heart is filled with bitter sorrow and unending grief for my people, my Jewish brothers and sisters I would be willing to be forever cursed—cut off from Christ!—if that would save them. Rom 9:2-3 And also when Moses interceded for Israel in the desert.

Hey, there's a forgiving crowd here at RF and lots of room to ask questions. It's just that sometimes there's wariness with being on guard to false teaching is all.

Kaatje

Now to reply to the OP: even if I were given the choice to stay behind in the rapture (I won't be given a choice besides the one I already made to trust Jesus as my savior)... there is absolutely no way I would choose to stay here. First off, like others have said: it is only God that saves. I trust him to save who will be saved. No one is ever condemned to hell except by their own choice to not accept Jesus. There will be no excuses. And God doesn't need me specifically to do his work during the tribulation.
This is exactly what I thought while reading the OP.
And put to words far better, than I ever could.
Thanks Salluz!

Salluz

I'm glad I was missed... and more importantly, I'm glad to be back! I feel so loved here, and I cherish that.

An open message to anyone debating on making an account and posting on the forums: please do so. You won't regret it

Kaatje

To go back to the OP:

In the parabel of the 10 maidens, when the foolish girls discovered they had no oil enough, they asked the wise girls to share, but they wouldn’t/couldn’t.
It is that simple: you can’t share your salvation, it is everyone’s own life and own choice/responsibility.

Last edited:

Channah

Look at my avatar. John20:29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” in other words Faith. As a child I had faith, as an adult I have been given proof. I have been compelled in the past to do certain things that made no sense at the time, one was how I met my wiife, one saved my life, one help an elderly woman and at least three times when I went toe to toe with the devil. I would have lost if I had not called on the grace of God. Faith is for those who believe and have not seen, I find myself on the other side because I have been given proof. I was compelled to post those questions with a lot of thought. I ask God to forgive me if I failed to ask them correctly or reply correctly. I read several good replies, and I think now I know why I was compelled to ask. Some will walk away confused as this was not meant for them. Some will walk away blessed. Some need to think about their response. I believe His judgement will come sooner than of any of us really think. I now feel my time on this forum is done and again I ask God for forgiveness if I did not do this correctly.
I don't think you have a choice. If you are a believer you will be raptured. It's not up to you unless you purposely walk away from the faith. No, I would not give up my salvation. Why? Because God knows the future and He will comfort me in heaven and like the Bible says, eyes have not seen, ears have not heard what He has prepared for us in heaven. I trust God that He is in control. If a friend or family member is not raptured with me the n I trust that God is still in control. I'm sad right now that I have family members not saved but I pray for them every day and I trust that God will answer my prayers.

Len

It will be much harder after the Rapture with the influence of the Holy Spirit removed
I thought the "indwelling Holy Spirit" will leave this world with the believer but would still be active in the world during the tribulation as no could believe the truth without his aid but that He would no longer indwell believers as He did pre rapture???

greg64

I thought the "indwelling Holy Spirit" will leave this world with the believer but would still be active in the world during the tribulation as no could believe the truth without his aid but that He would no longer indwell believers as He did pre rapture???
Yes, that's how I understand it -- one of two things that changes with regard to the Holy Spirit after the Rapture. The other is He no longer holds back the flood of evil (personified by the anti-christ) that is ready to overwhelm the world. He'll still be active in other ways, not least of which is the multitudes that will come to Christ during that time as shown in the book of Revelation.