Seated With Christ Testimony

seated with Christ

I am going to make this as simply and brief as possible.

I was going to a Psychologist in early 1975 on my drive one evening I discovered an occult bookstore, I went in and came out with a deck of Tarot Cards and a book on Astrology (Horoscope). While there I had a thought, "The devil has power and I want it".

Sometime in that season of seeking I was seeking God externally in the physical realm. I walked down a gas pipeline, a wide swath of cleared and cut land. I looked for God in nature, but didn't find God. I stared up into the universe at night, but didn't find God. I walked out of the gas pipeline with a small twig and got in my car.

Immediately, I saw police lights behind me, I was still parked. There was two officers , one running Wants and Warrants on my tag, The other one started questioning me, at this point I started to get angry. What's that on your front seat, the officer said, I replied, "A piece of nature and if you think that is strange, I've got a Bible on the front seat". He was great, he said, Calm down. No Officer, it's not weed, I thought.

My cousin and her husband was running a home prayer meeting, my mother had told my cousin about me going to a Psychologist and my unhappiness. So, my cousins husband prayed in the meeting, Lord show (insert name) that Man cannot help him, only God. Soon after that I with Bible in hand went to my mother and told her exactly what he had prayed, Now I know that Man cannot help me, only God.

Cousin and husband heard by the grapevine about me saying what I did and they invited me to the prayer meeting.

Finis

Last edited:

seated with Christ

Last night, I went to bed at 12 AM, as I was laying in bed thinking, i went over my testimony post in my mind. I received a very warm and toasty feeling in my soul.

I didn't find God in the natural, but because of him, soon I shall know him even as I am also know now. Besides that, I shall look into Jesus' eyes of love.

Thank y'all for your likes and kind replies. :)

Last edited:

seated with Christ

I think that I have never heard God speak to me by the Holy Spirit though he speaking to us all the time, but we (some) cannot hear. I though he spoke, "John 14", to me. I said, That's the chapter on the Comforter. I heard, or imagined he spoke, "I want you to read it". I read it and received nothing. I really want to hear God's voice in my spirit.

I need a breakthrough which may require fasting. Make it so, Lord.

Twalle

Bless you seated with Christ since you are on what seems to be on a journey of learning what the gifts are that the Holy Spirit gives us. Years ago I joined a Bible Study class and it was all about learning what our gifts are. We may have one gift, of discernment, or two gifts, being a teacher and the list goes on. Not all of us listen when the Holy Spirit speaks to us. Good for you that you listened!! Do not let your heart be dismayed. You are a work in progress, just like the rest of us.

MichelleinFl

Love your testimony :) By reading the Scripture, you obeyed God. There is no telling how He will use it, but just wait- vs 26 says the Holy Spirit will remind you of everything He taught you and God promises no Scripture ever returns void :) I think it’s awesome you mentioned John 14 as I’m doing David Jeremiah’s John Bible study and that’s exactly where I am in the study :) God is so good....I call these little things “God winks” as only God could’ve orchestrated that lol

seated with Christ

Love your testimony :) By reading the Scripture, you obeyed God. There is no telling how He will use it, but just wait- vs 26 says the Holy Spirit will remind you of everything He taught you and God promises no Scripture ever returns void :) I think it’s awesome you mentioned John 14 as I’m doing David Jeremiah’s John Bible study and that’s exactly where I am in the study :) God is so good....I call these little things “God winks” as only God could’ve orchestrated that lol
I realize that I spend no time praying and seeking God. I'm like a young Samuel, no trained to hear the voice of the Lord, I don't even know that it was the Lord. I hear of the servant of the Lird who hear the distinctive voice of the Lord, directing them, in the way they shall go. :)

MichelleinFl

I realize that I spend no time praying and seeking God. I'm like a young Samuel, no trained to hear the voice of the Lord, I don't even know that it was the Lord. I hear of the servant of the Lird who hear the distinctive voice of the Lord, directing them, in the way they shall go. :)
I’m not sure I’ve ever heard a voice, but I get strong inclinations to either do something or say something. For example, I have an aunt who harmed me as a child and the repressed memory came back to me at 32...so I completely cut ties with her without telling her why. For a couple years I’d do Bible studies and it seemed every lesson was about forgiveness or harboring negativity towards people. I knew it was the Holy Spirit nudging and convicting me. Until finally I gave in and wrote an apology letter- the minute I dropped it in the mail, I felt such release of that burden of unforgiveness. I haven’t received a reply, I’m actually ok if I don’t, but knowing I did what was commanded of me to do and taking that step of obedience really was freeing. To me, the Holy Spirit will “nag” until you do what He wants you to do or say lol. Sometimes it’s super difficult, sometimes it’s as simple as waving hi or something. I don’t know, just my experience :)

do you have a church home? I love doing devotionals in the morning and reflecting and praying afterward on it, listen to Christian music in the day, and then a Bible study at night. Just my routine, but seems to help me grow :) I’ll be praying for you :)

seated with Christ

Loved this post, Michelle in Florida! My belief if that we all can hear God in our spirit, not talking about audibly.

Unforgiveness only hurts us, the one who doesn't forgive. The other person goes on with there life not even thinking about us.

I'm coming off 20 years of backsliding, so I am not very structured. I used to be a Word Man, perhaps I'll discuss all that in the future. :)

seated with Christ

God bless you anath!

I was just thinking, I couldn't have been in rebellious backsliding if I wanted more than anything to read the Bible like I used to (3 Chapters before work) and walk with the Lord, but circumstances that I couldn't cope with waylaid me.

My spiritual battery had a negative drain on it and it was extremely difficult fo read the scripture.

I am not going to go into what waylaid me.

I have had more spiritual life coming to this board than in all those 20 years. :)