Scientists Predict the Hole in the Ozone Layer Will Close in the Next 50 Years

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Scientists Predict the Hole in the Ozone Layer Will Close in the Next 50 Years​

By Andy Corbley Sep 21, 2022

"Scientists have estimated that at current rates, the hole in the ozone layer will close around 2070.

Levels of chemical emissions from refrigeration and air conditioning have fallen and continue to fall, leading the scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration who measure the ozone hole every year to conclude its days are numbered.

It was the first warning humanity received of its effects on the climate. In 1987, scientists found that certain chemicals were blowing open a hole in the ozone layer of the atmosphere which protects life from the Sun’s harmful radiation.

Ever year, a hole opens in the ozone layer opens above Antarctica that’s bigger than the continent. It usually forms during August and reaches maximum size during October. By December it begins closing again."

More
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/sci...-ozone-layer-will-close-in-the-next-50-years/

:bouncies

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
@Len - why sad? The hole in the ozone closing is good news :smile

I know full healing of the ozone layer is still decades away, but improvement of any kind helps. Decades and decades of use of some refrigerants and aerosols without knowing the consequences caused it, but since worldwide agreements changed equipment and chemicals so less escape/leakage and less damaging substances, improvement :smile

Carl

Why because people won't be able to afford to fix their air conditioner? No more freon leaking into the atmosphere.

MapleLeaf

Hah. My 80s hair was much wider than it was tall. :humble
I don't know. The photos from that era have a lot of very tower-esque bangs. LOL And everyone had a fake perm. The 90s still had some of that and my mom just couldn't let go of the 80s. She kept insisting I had to have a perm and she was constantly spraying my head until it was like a helmet. I hated it so much.

Andy C

A more important prediction would be how long it will take to fill the hole in all these scientific “experts” brains.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'm guessing that Scientists don't have any real clue as to whether the ozone layer will close, shrink, get bigger, etc. I'd have to look as specific scientists source for income before I could begin to know if I could trust anything they've got to say. Scientists as a whole have made a mockery of their profession in recent times.