Scientists discover what causes Parkinson’s disease

By Isobel Williams via SWNS

Parkinson's disease could be prevented after scientists discovered its cause.

Researchers discovered that a certain strain of bacteria in the gut is the likely cause of Parkinson’s disease in the majority of cases.

Their study discovered that these bacteria, called Desulfovibrio, can be detected and removed which could prevent the disease.

Parkinson's is a progressive disease which occurs after the brain becomes damaged over a number of years, causing slowness and tremors.

At present there is no cure and it affects 153,000 people in the UK.

Professor Per Saris at the University of Helsinki said: “Our findings are significant, as the cause of Parkinson’s disease has gone unknown despite attempts to identify it throughout the last two centuries.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...r-what-causes-parkinson-s-disease/ar-AA1kZbdj

Endangered

My father died of Parkinsons. He had it a little over 10 years. It took him at the age of 82. He used to have perfect handwriting but that went away with the Parkinsons. He lost control of his throat muscled ANF

Endangered

My father died of Parkinsons. He had it a little over 10 years. It took him at the age of 82. He used to have perfect handwriting but that went away with the Parkinsons. He lost control of his throat muscles and wound up with a feeding tube in his tummy. Parkinson is a devastating disease and was incurable during my father's time. I have always wondered if it was genetic and maybe I had the gene also. Maybe I will get tested for Des

Kenny

By Isobel Williams via SWNS

Parkinson's disease could be prevented after scientists discovered its cause.

Researchers discovered that a certain strain of bacteria in the gut is the likely cause of Parkinson’s disease in the majority of cases.

Their study discovered that these bacteria, called Desulfovibrio, can be detected and removed which could prevent the disease.

Parkinson's is a progressive disease which occurs after the brain becomes damaged over a number of years, causing slowness and tremors.

At present there is no cure and it affects 153,000 people in the UK.

Professor Per Saris at the University of Helsinki said: “Our findings are significant, as the cause of Parkinson’s disease has gone unknown despite attempts to identify it throughout the last two centuries.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...r-what-causes-parkinson-s-disease/ar-AA1kZbdj

I'm not sure this story is legit. I've not found it on Foxnews and until I see it somewhere else besides MSN, I'll be skeptical.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
My father died of Parkinsons. He had it a little over 10 years. It took him at the age of 82. He used to have perfect handwriting but that went away with the Parkinsons. He lost control of his throat muscled ANF

My grandmother too. She never had the terrible shakes but eventually got dementia before passing away.

Endangered

I truly hope this is the cause of Parkinsons. It was devastating to watch my father decline over 10 years. I was always concerned it was genetic and would happen to.me. My father's condition worsened and he died in the hospital. I truly hope after the Rapture we are don with diseases like this.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Sadly if they ever find cures, so long as they are money losers, they will remain locked up in vaults, unless there is some political profit in being the superhero.

I suspect many of the causes are man made, to sell us more cure$

Back