Saturn's 'Death Star' moon has a hidden secret - a subsurface ocean

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Saturn's 'Death Star' moon has a hidden secret - a subsurface ocean
Mimas is the seventh-largest moon of Saturn, which all told has well over 100 moons ranging from Titan - larger than the planet Mercury - to some only the size of a city block.
By REUTERS

Saturn's moon Mimas is known for its uncanny resemblance to the dreaded Death Star in the original "Star Wars" movie. But it has another intriguing distinction as well, according to researchers - a subsurface ocean hidden under its icy and crater-scarred outer shell.

Astronomers said on Wednesday that data obtained by NASA's Cassini spacecraft on the rotational motion and orbit of Mimas confirm the presence of an ocean of liquid water beneath an ice layer 12-19 miles (20-30 km) thick. This ocean, they said, appears to have formed recently, in cosmic terms - less than 25 million years ago and likely between 5 and 15 million years ago.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/science/article-785700

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The findings make Mimas a compelling site for exploration into the conditions that could lead to the formation of life, considering Earth's first living organisms arose in our planet's primordial seas billions of years ago.

Listen to the atheists claiming we came from the seas instead of the direction creation of God. :doh

Their mindless drivel is astonishing.

I'm guessing Darth Vader or the Sith Lord is Satan. :nod

I guess they don't know the end result yet, as good will defeat evil in the end. :nod

Jaybird

The scientists are trying as hard as they can to find life on other planets so that they can "prove" that life on earth formed from substances that were transferred to earth from other planets. This would fit well into their Godless theories, but a theory isn't proof of anything.

Psalm 19:1: The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.

Aiyanna

Listen to the atheists claiming we came from the seas instead of the direction creation of God. :doh

I guess they don't know the end result yet, as good will defeat evil in the end. :nod

I firmly believe God knew there were going to be atheists when he first created everything. And that He made things the way they are just to toy with them.

I've been watching a bunch of documentaries about the universe. It's frustrating when you realize roughly 80% is made up fiction presented as fact. But it's almost hilarious to hear them try and explain anomalies that defy their evolutionary theories. I could almost hear God say, "yes, I did that on purpose. Pretty neat, huh?" (Maybe not in so many words...)
I love learning about space and the universe because it reminds me just how awesome and big the God I worship is. It's unfathomable. We can't comprehend the size of the universe, or even some of the massive stars and nebulae in the universe. It's beautiful, dangerous, and way too big and vast for our human minds to wrap around.... How much more incomprehensibly awesome, potentially dangerous (to those who don't believe), and big is the God who made it all with just the sound of His voice...

Nemophilist

When I first glanced at the title of this thread, I thought it said "Saturn's Death Star Moon Has a Hideous Secret - a Subsurface Ocean". I wondered what was so hideous about an ocean :ahaha

HisGloryIsPrecious

I am in awe of how vast and diverse our universe is. Yet among so many billions of planets, there is only one that can sustain life, including we the creation made in God’s image. What an amazing God we have! I also find it fascinating that when scientists both those who believe in God and don’t come across more questions than answers when trying to unlock the “secrets of the universe “

Shannon70

and then there is Jedi for Jesus

iwouldbewithyouificould

More than just a simple liquid pool of water is needed for life to happen. Our planet is the correct distance from the sun -- any closer and everything would burn, any further and everything would freeze. There needs to be adequate amounts of oxygen / nitrogen in the atmosphere, there needs to be abundant sources of food, etc etc. Everything on Earth is fine-tuned for life to exist, and so many ingredients are needed in order to have a vast, diverse zoology. Even more is needed for sentient, sapient physical creatures like human beings to become successful on this planet. If God did not command man to have dominion over this planet, we would not have what is needed to exercise that dominion, including being on top of the food chain. Think of it -- in the beginning, any one of Earth's animals could easily overcome Adam and Eve; lions are 500-lb cats that can run at 50mph, sharks have a bite force of 4000psi and can swim at 60mph -- and that's not even talking about megafauna like dinosaurs! A tyrannosaurus after the Fall could easily chomp both of them in a single bite. Truly man does not live by bread alone but by every word of God!

Batman

Even if an evolutionist could sit a human being alive and well on the earth with nothing else there, that person would cease to live very quickly b/c there would be no food, water, etc. that must be available to sustain them. Evolution is the worst of arrogance. It propagates to everyone that will listen a lie that "life began" in a manner where it would find food/water, protection, and develop/grow and gain intellect......and then procreate again with those same ideal conditions being immediately available. That's arrogance........and stupidity!

iwouldbewithyouificould

Even if an evolutionist could sit a human being alive and well on the earth with nothing else there, that person would cease to live very quickly b/c there would be no food, water, etc. that must be available to sustain them. Evolution is the worst of arrogance. It propagates to everyone that will listen a lie that "life began" in a manner where it would find food/water, protection, and develop/grow and gain intellect......and then procreate again with those same ideal conditions being immediately available. That's arrogance........and stupidity!
Yes, notice that God did not create man until the sixth day -- after He had made everything else that would enable him to live, work, play and thrive normally on Earth without worrying about whether he would have to hide from the sun's rays or what he would do for food or even what food actually is! God even placed man in the Garden of Eden with everything they needed so the first two human beings could just enjoy it all with each other, their animal friends, and with their Father whenever He would come to spend time with them in the cool of the day. God made everything with a purpose, and every creature in the beginning knew what their intended purpose or function was. For what is life without its ultimate purpose, which is to live for God's pleasure?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, notice that God did not create man until the sixth day -- after He had made everything else that would enable him to live, work, play and thrive normally on Earth without worrying about whether he would have to hide from the sun's rays or what he would do for food or even what food actually is! God even placed man in the Garden of Eden with everything they needed so the first two human beings could just enjoy it all with each other, their animal friends, and with their Father whenever He would come to spend time with them in the cool of the day. God made everything with a purpose, and every creature in the beginning knew what their intended purpose or function was. For what is life without its ultimate purpose, which is to live for God's pleasure?

Good points. :thumbup

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Unfortunately, the commonly accepted fact that mutants die off or are killed off, when added to the notion of evolution,
extend the number of years it takes to mathematically produce new living organisms well beyond the time available to do so.

Of course some ancient all powerful being could have intervened and jump started life on Earth, but that takes faith.
Far less than what Darwin needed to make his fantasy work.

Back