Satanic Reformed Theology as non-essential doctrine

LisaJoe1986

We have left another church. It is depressing, as I had hoped that this time, we would find a place where we could grow some roots. Now I have found out, as many of you have already read, that they believe in limited atonement and replacement theology. Many have mentioned to me that there is essential doctrines and others not to split hairs over. I do not think many have ever mentioned that the viewpoint on eschatological matters should be considered essential. At the same time, I read and hear that replacement theology is straight from Satan. It seems to me that this would make a church that believes that the church has replaced Israel a place to avoid. If it is straight from Hell, shouldn't one stay clear?

athenasius

Oh LisaJoe :bighug

I'm so sorry, been there, done that. Twice now, It never gets easy.

Yes limited atonement and replacement theology ARE worth splitting over. You are NOT splitting hairs.

Limited atonement splits hairs. And says that God only meant to save those who would accept Him, that he foreknew from before creation.

OK that limits God and makes Him a liar.

When He opened up salvation it was for all who call on the Name of the Lord. For God so loved ALL the world that He gave His only begotten Son that WHOSOEVER believeth in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

The promise of God's atonement is for the world, but on one condition, we come to HIM and call on Christ believing that Christ's death on the cross is sufficient.

Replacement theology ALSO makes God out to be a liar. And most Reform theology ends up with Replacement theology.

Theres a passage, I think it's in Jeremiah, may have to take a little time to look it up but essentially God says His promises to the Jews will continue, and only if the sun quits shining will the Jews stop being a nation before Him.

Has the sun quit shining?

NOPE!

God's promises to the Jews still stand.

IN BOTH these things these theological stances are absolutely UNBIBLICAL and blasphemous in their full extent making God out to be a liar.

You are NOT wrong to consider them a big deal.

Yes you can love the Christians caught up in such bad theology, you can pray for them but fellowship with them???? NOPE

Love and an even bigger hug
Margery

and I will try and find that passage tomorrow or the next day. It's a busy week and if someone else can find it please pop it in here.

athenasius

WOO HOO, God answered my prayer to find that passage REAL QUICK

here it is

Jeremiah 31: 35-37

Jeremiah 31:35-37 New International Version (NIV)

35 This is what the Lord says,

he who appoints the sun
to shine by day,
who decrees the moon and stars
to shine by night,
who stirs up the sea
so that its waves roar—
the Lord Almighty is his name:
36 “Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,”
declares the Lord,
“will Israel ever cease
being a nation before me.”

37 This is what the Lord says:

“Only if the heavens above can be measured
and the foundations of the earth below be searched out
will I reject all the descendants of Israel
because of all they have done,”
declares the Lord.

Now if God won't keep his promises to the Jews, what hope do we have???? Seriously????? because we aren't any better or more righteous. God saves us by promising us He will if we but believe in Christ and His substitutionary death on the cross in our place.

The very fact that Israel is the ONLY nation to ever come back to life after nearly 2000 years of being dispersed, all over the globe. They came back, in their place, and began speaking THEIR LANGUAGE again. Never in history has this happened. Yet Replacement theologians like to pretend that isn't significant.

athenasius

And Paul affirms it in the New Testament here:

Romans 11:1-2 New International Version (NIV)
The Remnant of Israel
11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel:

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Hi Lisa Joe, it must have been so hard to leave another church, there is so much unsound stuff out there... You've definitely done the right thing, in Paul's letters to Timothy and Titus he talks about sound doctrine, purity of doctrine. Limited atonement and replacement theology aren't definitely not sound!!!

Great comments from Margery and I join her in giving you a :hug

At least we can all fellowship on here, I've yet to find a sound doctrine church in my area...

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Hi Lisa Joe, it must have been so hard to leave another church, there is so much unsound stuff out there... You've definitely done the right thing, in Paul's letters to Timothy and Titus he talks about sound doctrine, purity of doctrine. Limited atonement and replacement theology aren't definitely not sound!!!

Great comments from Margery and I join her in giving you a :hug

At least we can all fellowship on here, I've yet to find a sound doctrine church in my area...
:hug

ozaprah

Well I meant more from a theoretical standpoint. Limited Atonement doesn't mean God was INCAPABLE of saving everyone, it's that His Sacrifice, Grace, and gift of salvation are only effective for those whom He has called. Theoretically, of course.
I like to try and keep it simple.
John 1:29 "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the WORLD."
John 3:16 "For God so loved the WORLD that he gave his one and only Son, that WHOEVER BELIEVES in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
1 John 2:2, “and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”

I find trying to look at theology through the philosophical lens of TULIP makes my head go all foggy..

Limited atonement from a classical definition means that only some of the world is savable. Unlimited means all of the world is savable. The one condition on being saved is obviously belief..

Last edited: